September 30, 2014 | 1654 users online

Powder - Lancome - Ageless Minerale Skin-Transforming Mineral Powder Foundation SPF 21 [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 1 of 5 on 6/28/2009 2:54:00 AM More reviews by pmegosh

I am so sorry, beautiful ladies but I HATE THIS!

Ugh I wasted so much money on a product that maximizes my pores, makes me look ultra shiny and old. It’s the first mineralized foundation I tried, though (along with MACs MSF Natural) but I thought, as I’d always been faithful to Lancôme, this product would work as great as others I’ve tried by that brand.

I know I have combo skin but I am only 22… not 80! as this powder makes me seem… "Ageless" ? On me, it's more like AgePLUS!!! =(

I have tried putting on tons of moisturizer on, primer, nothing, EVERYTHING! Blending it well, finishing powder, etc… =( The only thing I keep is the brush… which, of course was sold separately.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2009 12:11:00 PM More reviews by Godzilli

This is my new go-to foundation. Since I've started using it I've gotten comments like, "Are you wearing your new makeup? Your skin looks amazing." and "Your skin looks flawless. You look like you could be in an add for Lancome." and, from several people including my boyfriend, "Your skin is glowing."

If that wasn't enough positive reinforcement, here's the breakdown:
    Pros:
    Undetectable, natural, and buildable coverage. Leaves you looking airbrushed and glowing. I use a small concealer brush to dab a concentrated amount on blemishes as a cover-up, then blend out the excess automatically when I apply the powder to my whole face. I am quite fair (but not porcelain) and they have shades that are light enough - either ivory 10 or 20 works for me, I am using 10. This foundation may also be improving my skin as I have noticed increased softness and decreased pore size. However, this could also be from the primordiale serum I recently started using.

Cons:
    The finish starts off sort of glowy-matte, but doesn't keep away oil during the day. This is the only reason I gave 4 stars. I am not super oily, but I get quite a bit of shine up over a day with this foundation. However, somehow I still look good and glowy - I look good enough that I don't really mind the shine (and nobody else seems to either - I still get compliments at the end of the day). I don't own the finishing powder/highlighter, so I don't know if this helps with the shine factor.

Other thoughts:
    Price seems steep at $40, but actually it is on par with other mineral foundations. My previous foundation favorite was Urban Decay mineral (lightest shade) was about $30 -- this is $40 but you get about 33% more than with Urban Decay plus stunning results! By comparison, I find UD mineral to feel dry and dull looking. It used to be my favorite, but next to Lancome mineral it is like rubbing dirt on my face!

Deals:
    The box set is only a good deal if you can use both shades of foundation and are interested in the finishing powder (check the ounces, you get much smaller amounts than full size). I went with the full size foundation and splurged on the brush - not a bad deal as the brush is currently $10 off (now $26). I'm not sure of all the places that are having the sale, but Macy's and Lancome.com are.

Never stop making this Lancome! I am hooked!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2009 4:36:00 PM More reviews by mmakeup22

I ADORE this product. I never use powder in the winter since it dries my skin out too much and I just needed something for redness for the summer, i don't need much coverage. I saw this in the $75 promotion pack that comes with 2 shades, the setting powder and the brush. I LOVE it. I feel like its making my skin even better. It is buildable like everyone says which is great for night time and feels amazing on my skin. It doesn't settle into fine lines around my eyes either. This product is my new love!!!

Plus the price was great for everything I got in the kit, and it matches my skin amazing I use honey 20 and 30; bare minerals never matched my skin right.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2009 4:22:00 AM More reviews by SharonWT

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Alright, so I really really REALLY wanted to like this. I did. HOWEVER, no color match!!! plus it increases my oil production.... I have no idea how, but it did. I know it did by how many oil-blotting sheets I used. lol
    So, it's a really good mineral makeup. It's buildable, of course. However, with that said, quite a few other mineral makeups I've tried weren't buildable, they'd get too cakey. This one is buildable.
    It does have bismuth oxychloride in its "sapphire complex", that it likes bragging about. I suppose it helps with the sheen in the product.
    I'm not allergice to bismuth oxychloride, so I had no problem
    Now, the sheen. It's not overbearing like Bare Escentuals. I really hated BE's sheen. But it's not completely matte and lifeless. You get me? It's barely there, but it's there and it helps so much. Seriously, a little goes a long way with the sheen. I loved the sheen! It was so natural.
    I also like that it doesn't feel too drying on my skin. Bare Escentuals was good in feeling creamy and not dry on the skin but I've noticed that other mineral makeups feel too dry and chalky. Lancome feels so soft and just the tiniest bit creamy on the skin.
    Now, as for the color choice. I'm a tan girl with yellow undertones, MAN I hate it when makeup artists want to put makeup with pink undertones on me. It's horrible! So, at first I got honey 10. I bought, next morning I saw it wasn't my color. I then got honey 20, still wasn't my color. I returned it and looked at honey 30.... Now, it looked ashy on me because either it was the pink undertones or olive undertones, but MAN. It was a pain!!!!!
    They, by this I mean all makeup lines, should seriously have makeup colors from lightest to darkest in different undertones. So, say I wanted a medium tan. They should have one for pink undertones, yellow undertones, beige undertones, and olive undertones. NOW, THAT WOULD HELP US ALL OUT.
    So, I gives this 4/5 overall because of lack of color variation
    5/5 on packaging because it's not messy since it has a sifter.
    I'd give it 5/5 if it were my color.
    So, good luck!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/10/2009 11:36:00 AM More reviews by Cweb1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

First of all I have super Oily skin. Which is clear and smooth. This makeup makes my face look shiny & greasy after a few hours. I prefer a liquid matte makeup & pressed powder over this for helping to control my shine. What a waste money, quite dissapointed :(

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2009 2:48:00 PM More reviews by lauraricci

I agree with the last reviewer...WOW! I have tried almost every mineral makeup out there and this one is PERFECT! It provides really nice coverage but it is not heavy and itchy like Bareminerals, but still manages to cover redness and red marks very well. Does not settle into fine lines, seems to plump skin. I am in love!!! Thank you, thank you Lancome for this awesome product.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2009 9:03:00 AM More reviews by DommeDiva

All I can say is "wow!", I was looking for a mineral foundation at Nordstroms, had Dior in mind but the Dior woman walked me over to the Lancome counter, she said that it would be better for what I was lookin for...(I told her Im low manintenance and only need mininal coverage, no liquid foundations or complex routines). The lady at the Lancome counter was very sweet, she matched it up exactly to my skintone and also sold me a mineral translucent setting powder to go with it. When I applied it later that day, I couldnt even tell that I had makeup on, it just seemed to even out my skin texture and make it feel smooth. A few hours later, I looked in the mirror and I had the most glowy beautiful skin, ever. Definitely not a cakey makeup look, just beautiful, healthy, glowy, perfect skin. Beats BE to pieces, Im sold on this.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2009 1:12:00 PM More reviews by honeybb

This foundation is amazing. I have tanned skin (summer) but many scars from cystic acne. I have finally gotten the cysts under control (thank you Aqua Glycolic!!!!!) but I still need coverage for the scarring. This powder covers nicely (med-full coverage) without being heavy or visible. I also bought the Lancome Mineral Foundation Brush, and it was SO worth it. Here's how I like to apply: tap a small amount of powder into the cap, swirl, tap bristles into the cap and then apply in circular motions on face (i usually do a 2-3 coats). Then i use a regular concealer brush to apply a more concentrated amount of powder to problem areas, and buff again with the foundation brush. With just a little bronzer or blush and mascara, I'm ready to go. They recommend that you buy the setting powder but I have some leftover BE mineral veil that works just fine, and sometimes I even go without. This is a beautiful product, you won't regret buying this foundation if you are into mineral makeup. Natural Beige 30 matches my skin very well, and I think they offer a pretty wide range of warm, neutral and cool tones in a variety of more fair and also darker shades.

Also, I wear Neutrogena dry-touch spf 55 every day, and I feel that it makes for an excellent primer.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2009 8:26:00 PM More reviews by CosmeticDependent

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Absolutley fantastic. I have been wearing BE for 4 years and have liked it,but was always on the lookout for something even better. Tried many, but this is the first that does look natural and not all dusty and frosty looking.
    I have very red skin, broken capilaries and have a very difficult time covering it all up without looking "covered". Lancome Minerals is so soft and dry creamy. It covers completly, and on the areas where I don't need full coverage I can just do a soft sheer cover.
    I just can't believe how nice it is.
    I wear # 20.
    A cosmetic consultant at a high end store came up to me and told me my skin looks so beautiful (not the store where I purchased Lancome Minerals from either!).

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2009 6:48:00 PM More reviews by sbrown79

This product is awesome! I have been looking for years for a foundation that would not only work well with any skin issues and look and feel natural, but also be quick to apply. I gave up years ago (since I don't like liquid makeups) and had just been using Lancome's Dual Finish pressed powder (in Matte Amande III)...I always had issues with even application after applying my moisturizer and then putting on the powder, so in the summer I often just swept bronzer on. Now, I am wearing Lancome's Ageless Mineral in Honey 20 (the other honey colors also work with my skin tone) and I am LOVING it! So easy to apply and evens out the skin tone...does not clump or look "dirty"...even goes on smoothly and evenly after moisturizing (I blot and then blast my face with the blowdryer using the coolshot!). I have had compliments from friends and co-workers and have been told I glow! It doesn't feel like I am wearing makeup at all! This stuff will be one on my Holy Grails of makeup! A must have! I have been wearing it without the setting powder and it has been great (put it on in the morning and never have had to reapply), but I will be trying out the setting powder this week since I am going to Houston for my daughter's wedding!