October 25, 2014 | 1499 users online

Liquid - Clinique - Even Better Makeup SPF 15

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 11/17/2013 6:18:00 AM More reviews by AtriaMortis

I have always loved this foundation.
LOVED.

My skin: Super dry, acne-prone and very sensitive.

I didn't use any makeup for a week and I got my acne under control, still had scars but no spots. So when I had to go to work I was pleased that I didnt had to use that much makeup to hide the scars. I used Even Better (as I have in years) and I looked good.

10hrs later when I cleaned my face i had 4 BIG spots on my face. I relized that all this time my acne had be caused by this foundation (and my earlier bad skincare rutine).

What I have also have realized now when I have found my FAV foundation (Clarins Everlasting) is that Even Better is VERY wet/oily, When I used it I had to use VERY much powder to keep it on my face - also had to powder some times during the day. This made my face look very dry and cakey.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/5/2013 11:35:00 PM More reviews by HaveMercyJessie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

It actually does even the tone out in your skin! I normally don't believe in skin evening products but after giving this a whirl I have actually notice my old acne scars lightening up. It offers great coverage and seems to last all day.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2013 4:42:00 PM More reviews by Vanessamucho

Although the color didn't match to a t:

this foundation did make my skin tone look better

There are so many colors that I am sure if I looked harder I could find one that matched. It wasn't worth it because the staying power wasn't good enough in my opinion

rated 4 of 5 on 10/31/2013 10:08:00 AM More reviews by Ash394

I liked this product, it made my face look lovely and it didn't have the usual 'orange tint' that other foundations have which I've tried on my pale skin. I wouldn't buy again, simply because it didn't actually seem to dry properly and my face and stayed 'sticky' and after a few hours this gave the appearance I was greasy. I did enjoy this product, but the sticky feeling wasn't for me, it is definitely beautiful for the price though. I am going to try a different Clinique foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2013 8:41:00 PM More reviews by ajjoyce

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Worth the price if you're looking to upgrade from drugstore foundation. In the past, I've primed, used foundation, then spot treatment then set all with powder. Wow, now I use only this and dust my face with powder. I'm ecstatic. My discolorations, spots, pores and darkness under my eyes are all evened out with a basic application. I'm so glad I gave this a try. It shortened my time in the mirror, and feels like nothing is even on my face. It's perfect for me. Hope it can give you similar results!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2013 8:36:00 AM More reviews by femininelace

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm a true makeup maniac,especially when it comes to foundation.always in a search of a good natural-looking foundation. I went to a clinique counter and was advised to buy the even better or superbalanced clinique foundation. The even better has a slightly fuller coverage though. After I've done a research in internet and found out many beautiful thing about this even better foundation. It is also in the British vogue top 10 best foundations list! I've tried it on and I'm completely satisfied! It gives you this national look,good coverage, not dewy but not matt.just perfect! I have it in color 7

rated 4 of 5 on 10/7/2013 9:51:00 PM More reviews by haikusamurai

Bought due to Paula Begon's advice plus the excellent color. Right now, It's a 4 for me. I purchased 2 weeks ago and have not returned. However, I have determined that this is not for daily wear because of the reasons listed below (plus my sensitive acne-prone skin should only be wearing powder.) It's going to have to be reserved for Special Occasions only. My daily is The Body Shop All in One Face Base in shade 52, For reference, I am Mac Studio Fix Fluid spf 15 in shade NC30.

I wore the Clinique Even Better Cashew (26) over my entire face for 2 day for the "user experience" comments below.
I expect to begin wearing this mixed 50:50 with a moisturizer (CeraVe PM lotion) once-a-week for the reasons listed below.

The VERY Good:

1) MATCHES medium olive tones (Shade 26: CASHEW) ; Yellow at Clinique! The color was the final clincher for the selling point. PLEASE make more stuff with w/ this gorgeous color. Please!
2) Reasonable price
3) Really covers discoloration - truly medium to what i consider full coverage.
4) Excellent for oily skin, seems to have great staying power/absorb oil.

The Bad:

1) Octinoxate -- a chemical sunscreen that is known to irritate those w/ "sensitive skin"
2) Graperfruit -- a plant extract that irritates skin (all types)
3) While it is a silicone based foundation, it does not hide your pores or "ice pick" scars / indentation. I'm not a master at primer, so maybe monistat chaffing gel would work? I suck at primer.

Cheers l

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2013 9:30:00 PM More reviews by osumom

Repeat buyer of this foundation in chamois. I wish it wasn't so expensive but I keep going back to it. Great coverage but natural looking which is important to me.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2013 2:24:00 AM More reviews by Buterfly3446

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this foundation. I have dry skin and its hard for my skin to EVER look dewy and healthy.. I also have redness on my face as well. The foundation was a medium coverage, although it didn't cover all my redness, but it definitely cancelled it out. It made my skin feel soft, glowing, and healthy! I use the color neutral and I'm fairly fair with pink undertones to my skin and it matched perfectly!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/9/2013 6:09:00 AM More reviews by Nesssssss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have been using Clinique's supermoisture for the Winter as my skin tends to be super dry and tired, and I have LOVED it.

As summer is approaching, I decided I'd need a foundation that wasn't as oily as they tend to slide off in the heat. Seeing as I loved supermoisture so much, I went straight to the Clinique counter and asked for a less-oily foundation that was still suitable for dry skin.

They gave me even better makeup. The foundation is good, but not awesome (definitely don't like it as much as super moisture).

COVERAGE:
THe foundation is supposedly 'full coverage' but I really think it's more medium, but perhaps it would be approaching full if you builded it. If you put a light coat of this foundation, it really looks like you're not wearing makeup at all, very natural. Which I love.

COLOUR:
the shade range is very limited. Alabaster (the lightest shade) is almost an exact match for my skin. This is a bit of a worry because while I am pale, I am not porcelain. So if you have really pale skin, I don't think this foundation is for you, as there is not a light enough colour.

TEXTURE:
Okay. Pretty easy to blend.

FINISH:
When I applied it to my DRY skin without moisturising or priming beforehand, the finish was pretty matte. (And it emphasised my dry patches..eugh). If I moisturise beforehand it gives a satin finish.

LASTING POWER:
In this spring weather it lasts 7+ hours, just like the supermoisture. With primer and powder to set.

A FEW EXTRA NOTES:
- if you have dry skin, you MUST moisturise before applying this. When I didn't I found that my face was sort of irritated/stingy from being too dry, if that makes sense. But it was fine when I moisturised before applying.

- on hotter days I have found this to get a little shiny, even on my dry skin. therefore I would not recommend to people with oily skin.

- seems to emphasise pores after a few hours of wear...my pores are usually very inconspicuous but after wearing this for a few hours you can see them when up close.

To summarise:

PROS:
- can be natural looking
- pretty easy to blend
- pretty long wearing

CONS:
- not the best for VERY dry skin
- would not recommend for oily skin
- reasonably expensive
- settles into pores
- limited colour range

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No