July 28, 2014 | 1995 users online

Foundations - Sally Hansen - Natural Beauty inspired by Carmindy Airbrush Spray Makeup

rated 1 of 5 on 2/4/2010 3:08:00 PM More reviews by keco52

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Did not work for me at all. Too oily and made me breakout all over my face. I also couldn't get a proper match...it's too orange. Worst drugstore product I've tried in awhile.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2010 10:25:00 PM More reviews by StationaryBikeFatty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Loving this new HG foundation. Easy on, lasts all day, great buildable coverage. I have normal to dry skin that rarely breaks out, and this goes on very nicely over fairly rich moisturizers. No oxidization, and at the end of the day I still have coverage. Don't use this looking for moisture or a "glow", it's fairly matte, although not DRY feeling.

Edit: One problem I have with this foundation is that you never know when the can is going to be empty. I bought two (one for my travel bag) and both seemed to run out at the same time with no warning.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2009 1:50:00 AM More reviews by marticica888

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Ok, so here is a little bit about my skin: oily, even now in the winter. At the moment i have some scabs/scars due to my blackhead pickfest last week. Very olive toned due to self tanner use, otherwise my true undertone is neutral (pretty happy about that). I love medium/full coverage foundations because i HATE to use a concealer anywhere else other than undereyes, and i love my mac moistureblend for that.

Sally Hansen Carmindy Airbrush Foundation:
$13 or so at Rite Aid, i got the shade "deep" just by judging the reviews. It is actualy a very good color for me. Ill post some reference coloring in other foundations later in the review.
I feel like i have to use alot of product to get any coverage out of this. I found it best to spray bits of my face like one cheek or forehead and blend with my coastal scents buffer brush or stippling brush. Coverage to me, is like a tinted moisturizer. Sheer to light. If i spray on my hand and put onto face, i feel like i waste/evaporate product.
Does not cover scars/imperfections well. you'll definitely need a concealer if your skin has imperfections. It is good for just slightly evening out skintone, kind of like a tinted moisturizer.
It also feels funny on my skin, kind of moist but not really. It also ever so slightly stings when it is put on. Directly on skin or on hand and then on face.
It has a dewey finish. You will definitely need a setting powder.

Overall, this is not my cup of tea. I like good coverage foundation so i DONT have to use a concealer. It would be better for my skin probably if i did use a sheer foundation and concealer on imperfections only.. but im too lazy. I like my foundation to do the work.
I cannot say anything for the wear of this foundation as i have not worn it out... because of too sheer of coverage :/.
Past foundations ive tried..:
EL Double Wear Shell Beige- good but after a few hours shows pores on my nose BADLY, also not good colors, too peachy
EL Double Wear Light 4 : best colormatch yet, decent coverage, would like more coverage but this is my go-to foundation
EL Double Matte Warm Tawny- ok wear but HORRIBLE colors
Revlon colorstay combo/oily Natural Tan- best wear but colors are too ashy/pink
Lancome teint idole bisque 7- lovely colormatch but havent tested the formula out yet
Mac Studio Fix fluid NC 42- A very good colormatch (maybe a little TOO yellow, but easily fixed with powder) however, gets oily too quick

and tons of others not even worth mentioning...

EDIT: I ended up LOVING this! It stays matte the whole day for me (either with using lancome's la base primer or my shiseido spf 55) I MEAN ABSOLUTELY THE WHOLE DAY!!!
I would get a little shiny at the end of the day with my other liquid foundations, but not this!
The only bad thing about this is is for some reason, the pores on my nose seem a little bit more prominent. But not enough to really bother me. Im still trying this out with different primers, but so far i really love it. Has not broken me out either.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2009 9:09:00 PM More reviews by sballew

I love it! This is the only body makeup I have ever purchased and since I will likely not venture too much into this category, I will give it full 5 lippie. The secret is to blend it with your hands and not merely spring it on. In fact, I have 2 shades so that I can blend it to get the perfect shade, plus I use the 2 shades to give the illusions of muscle tone. Since I absolutely refused to spray this on my arm, I must do a good job making my legs go with the rest of my body parts. They do make a awful mess in my shower/tub where I do all my spraying. But I end up with beautiful legs, what's a little mess??!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2009 11:35:00 AM More reviews by MrsDevall

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I got this on a whim a few days ago and I love it. I usually always have a problem finding foundation for my skin, the lightest shade is usually a smidge too light and the next shade up is a bit too dark, but this in light matches my skin perfectly. I was a little scared when I first sprayed it on my hand..it was full on Oompa Loompa orange but somehow on my face it transforms. It's the perfect medium coverage, but it feels so light it's almost like there's nothing there at all. It also sets really fast and is so ridiculously long wearing that I don't need to use powder on top and it still lasts all day.

The only complaint I have about this is the strong flowery type smell. It lasts quite a while once I put it on and can get a bit annoying, but it's not enough to stop me from using it and it does dissipate after a half hour or so. I am definitely going to be buying this for a long time to come. I just hope that Sally Hansen doesn't discontinue this like they do with everything else.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/2/2009 11:50:00 AM More reviews by brooklynbee

I liked this foundation when I used it - unfortunately it made me break out in a major way, and I don't have super-sensitive skin, nor did I change anything else in my routine except using this makeup.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2009 6:58:00 PM More reviews by kitkatelectric

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

this is a decent foundation. it looks really natural and has good coverage. doensn't look cakey over the pores and doesn't require much blending. fast and easy. needs a better color range, i'm lucky that light-medium matches me almost perfect

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2009 6:27:00 PM More reviews by LetsSwap

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Hmmmm...where do I begin doing justice to this little gem? As another reviewer mentioned, I don't know why everyone's having trouble finding this.... unless you went to the Ulta store right after I did. That's because I snagged the last two Medium that were there & half off the usual $13.99. I'm always asked what I use to apply this, I use a brush. I hate sponges esp. with this one, since it's so light the sponge sucks it all up & leaves none for my face LOL (NC 30/35, BTW). So I spray it onto the back of my hand & use a brush. I get a beautiful airbrushed, even finish every time. I may or may not be right, but I think that in a spray foundation, there's prob not as many "binders" so that makes the foundation more light & fluid, esp. nice for us oilier skins. It spreads very nicely & leaves such a natural, satiny finish. You have to powder, as with most foundations. I think this will be in regular rotation with my LM TM, esp w the cooler weather. HIGHLY recommended from an ultra-picky person who's tried em all, high end to drugstore (obviously). Five stars!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2009 1:14:00 AM More reviews by lovelyhawaiian07

I'm so sorry for you girls who aren't enjoying this product as much as I am! I'm also wondering why it's so hard to find for some of you. There's an ULTA 10 minutes down the road from my house and they carry this; I had no problems finding it! I bought mine for $7.99 (I think...it wasn't more than that though) so it was definitely a reasonable price considering I just shelled out $32 for concealer from Hourglass (also amazing! Worth the splurge!). I spray the foundation on the back of my hand and stipple it in using a cosmetic wedge. I wasn't too sure about it at first, but I really wanted to see if an aerosol foundation would work for me. I have OILY skin...I've used Make Up Forever's Mat Velvet, Maybelline's Super Stay Makeup, Bare Minerals, & Benefit's Some Kinda Gorgeous foundations. The Bare Minerals and Maybelline Super Stay foundations work a little better with my skin, but this foundation was amazing! I live in Texas, so put oily skin together with hot humid weather...it can get difficult to find a good foundation. I am absolutely in love with this foundation. It doesn't feel heavy, provides light to medium coverage, and is definitely long lasting. Totally worth the $8 I spent!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/11/2009 10:20:00 PM More reviews by blaura737

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Very disappointing =(
I always wanted this foundation because after watching Carmindy apply it onto the "victims" on What Not To Wear so flawlessly, i just had to have it! I finally spotted this in Seventeen magazine and it said it was in drugstores for $7 (which was a total lie) and so me and my sister were hysterical! So we checked every local drugstore and finally found it at CVS and before we even got home, the spraying nozzle broke off but we re-attached it. So when we got home I tryed it first in case we didnt like it and when i sprayed it out of the can, it was almost black! It was like a dark brown-ish grey color and i got it in medium-light! when i tryed it on (thinking it might blend it) it totally washed me out and was the complete WRONG color. We returned it right away and got our $13.99 back ($7 my butt!)