Revlon ColorStay Liquid Eye Pen

2.5

Aqua (Water), Acrylates Copolymer, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Lignosulfonate, Sodium Laureth 11 Carboxylate, Glycerin, Dipropylene Glycol, Propylene Glycol, Polysorbate 80, Alcohol Denat., Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Laureth 12 Sulfate, EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain ( /-): Black 2 (CI 77266), Red 40 (CI 16035)

on 4/19/2013 8:03:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

At Priceline i was getting the beauty bag offer where if you spend over $60 on selected brands you got a bag of goodies so i decided to pick this up as Revlon was one of those brands.

I just really feel mascaras and eyeliners aren't Revlon's strongest point. I think this is a great liquid liner for people learning to do their makeup because its so easy to get a nice precise line but it just didn't impress me.

I got the colour (blackest black) but to me it was more of a grey it just wasnt dark enough, it fades quite alot during the day which is annoying, theres no way of adding more product to the brush (like some liquid liners have a twist method or something at the bottom) so i feel like it would run out quickly and it was $25AUS which is really expensive for a drugstore product especially when it just isn't that good. I won't be re-purchasing.

on 4/7/2013 1:06:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

It's an OK liner for beginners. The black just seems like dark gray that keeps on fading throughout the day. I have oily lids & this transferred into my crease! Super embarrassing!! Plus it's kind of pricey for a DS eyeliner. $10 CAD.

Will not repurchase!!

I purchased the "Blackest Black"....at best mine is chocolate brown.

I only gave it a 2 because I like the felt tip.

It was $10..that is expensive to me for a DS eyeliner.

Would NOT repurchase.

on 3/26/2013 12:52:00 AM

I really like this eyeliner.

The black pigment is very strong. The product is easy to hold and handle. I like how you can make the line thin or thick depending on how you hold the pen.

This is a very neat and non-messy/stressful way to apply eyeliner!

on 3/24/2013 9:45:00 PM

I was looking through my reviews, and I couldn't believe I haven't written a review for this eyeliner yet! I'm so confused by the low rating.. this has been my HG liquid eyeliner for about 3 years now. I do winged eyeliner just about every single day, and this eyeliner is the best I've found so far. It's so quick, so easy, and the formula is awesome! I never have a problem with smudging or transfer with this liner. Also, I think this lasts a really long time. I've repurchased several times, and I've never come across one that has problems with pigmentation or being dried out.

Like anything else, this product will work for some and won't work for others. I'll always recommend this liner though!

on 3/19/2013 5:06:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I've had this pen for quite a while now, and at first I really hated it. It seemed like it was really diluted, and didn't come out a true black. I stopped using it, but decided to try it again recently. Somehow, it actually comes out blacker now, but it seems like I have to press really hard, as if I'm almost scratching my eyeball. Overall, not too impressed with it, although it does seem to last awhile after applied, so I'll continue using it until it runs out.

on 3/16/2013 8:02:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I bought a factory-sealed package yet even upon the first application it seemed dried out, like an old used Sharpie with a lost cap. I tried using it 3 more times, and finally, thinking that shaking or repositioning might deliver more product to the tip of the marker, gave up when it leaked black all over my hand and bathroom sink. A complete disappointment.

on 3/4/2013 2:10:00 AM

I've always struggled applying liquid eyeliner but this product made it so much easy! It literally feels like you're holding an ink pen making it very easy to hold and apply. The felt tipped end really allows you to shape and control the lines you're making. It stays on all day and lasts a long time, I've had mine over a year and have used it quite a bit but still hasn't ran out. Great product!

on 3/3/2013 8:47:00 PM

I don't understand why this product has such low rating; it's my fav eyeliner! It's like a pen so it's very easy to grip and use. It makes nice, clean lines. The black does get grayer after awhile but you can always trace over it. I love how the line looks very crisp but not TOO defined, which the expensive liners tend to do. This liner last forever - I think I had mine for almost two years and it's still going okay. And last of all it's soo cheap...seriously people...

on 2/22/2013 1:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I don't know why this has such bad reviews! Mine does look a little different than the pens in the pictures-it looks like a newer version. I never tried the one above, so maybe the formula is different? Anywho, it's a good product. I have blackest black and blackend brown. Blackest black really is SUPER black. It's probably the blackest liquid liner I have ever used. Actually, it looks a bit harsh on me, so I prefer the blackend brown. I agree with whoever said it below, the blackend brown it quite a bit less opaque than the black. It is buildable, though, if you want it darker. This is a solid liner, and I have never had any issues with leaking, smearing, etc. The only thing I will say is that it dries sort of...dry. Lol. What I mean is that after having it on for a few minutes, you can kind of just wipe it away with your fingers, especially the brown. It doesn't smear for me, though! Magic.