Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Stress Control Power - Cream Wash

3.4

Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid 2% Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, PPG 15 Stearyl Ether, Glycolic Acid, Glycerin, Polysorbate 60, Steareth 21, C12 15 Alkyl Lactate, Cetyl Lactate, Cocamidopropyl PG Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Disodium EDTA, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Hydroxide, Panthenol, Cucumis Sativa (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Camellia Oleifera (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Butylene Glycol, Menthol, Benzalkonium Chloride Solution, Yellow 5, Green 5, Blue 1 (CI 42090), Fragrance

on 9/23/2011 8:41:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

i just bought this today.
initial thoughts-
VERY creamy.
nice smell
attractive packaging
makes your skin tingle
NO SULFATES!

when i used this, it sort of felt like i was moothing butter on my face. it wasnt oily, it just felt... nice. it tingles quite a bit, and your face feels cool when you was it off. my face felt very moisturized afterwards too.
i took a nap after my shower, and when i woke up, my skin felt slightly oily.

i have moderate acne, dry/combo skin type.

i'll update tthis in a week with my thoughts.

on 9/12/2011 11:18:00 AM

I love this cleanser. I have very bad acne and it is probably one of the only one that makes a difference. It doesn't clear my skin completely but I feel like it helps a lot. It smells good too. I recommend it for people with moderate acne.

on 9/1/2011 4:50:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

At the time I had bought this (few years ago) I broke out more than usual whenever I started stressing, my acne would tremendously over night worsen. It never occured to me that there was a product out there for this prob I had. Until I seen this and got it.

At first it worked terrific and I mean absolutely terrifc. I'm pretty sure I had used this product only in the night, every day.
My acne had cleared up amazingly well and when I did stress I wasn't breaking out! My face literally cleared up really nicely.

Of course however, it was too good to be true. I think I used about half of this product or more (although not close to being done with the product) until somehow the formual/ingriedients literally died on me.

It was no longer an active powerful product on my acne skin.
My acne came back, I was breaking out left cheek to right cheek. It no longer stopped stress pimples from forming and yet I was stuck again trying to find a good face wash.

Conclusion: My skin got immuned to this stuff. Something that can happen to many people.

Pros:
-did amazing job clearing my face
- kept my face clear from stress pimples

Cons:
-acne came back
-didn't work for long:(

on 8/22/2011 7:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I have very acne-prone skin, I have combo skin(mostly dry tho) i have an oily nose/ a little oily on my T-Zone. The first 2 weeks it actually worked for me, i had a few blemishes on my forehead, 2 on my cheeks, and 1 on my chin. They cleared up and i was thrilled!! But after another week or so, it seemed like it completely stopped working. I think my skin just got used to it or something, but it made my skin more oily and it broke me out really badly. I liked the creamy texture and the way it made my skin feel clean and tingly after i washed my face, i was looking for an acne-clearing product that was consistent but this was not it.

on 8/14/2011 2:33:00 AM

I don't exactly like this wash. I had tried the scrub before and switched to the cream wash because I felt that my skin was getting a little dry and therefore producing more oil. So I began using the cream wash and it didn't help the oil at all. If anything, I felt like my face was more oily. My face didn't feel completely clean. However, I am using this right now, but only a small amount mixed in with Cetaphil soap. It's not too bad when I use it the way I am now, but for the price, it's not worth it for me to buy it again.

on 7/21/2011 10:27:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I had high hopes for this stuff when I used it due to everyone else's great results, I used in on my face, chest and back for about a month, and unfortunately I didn't see and results at all. It didn't make my skin any worse though and it didn't irritate my skin at all like most cleansers seem to.

on 7/21/2011 10:15:00 AM

I have had comedonal acne on my forehead for years and years and nothing has really helped. This product has made my skin 80% clear which has been better than alot of creams prescribed by doctors with the added benefit of not causing the skin to become too flaky. Initially my skin reacted (became red, broke out a little) but has since gotten used to the acids in the product. I suspect it is the glycolic acid that is really helping as I have been using the Neutrogena salicylic acid treatment as well with only minimal effect. My skin is also really smooth.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I just picked this up on a whim one day at target because my skin has been looking its worst. I have really acne prone skin and this cleanser has cleared it up alot in the past 3 weeks that I've had it. I use my Clarisonic with it and i will say it stings my face really bad when i use it. I don't think it has made my skin smoother though.

on 7/17/2011 6:52:00 PM

I've never understood the negative reviews on this product. This cleanser is my HG and nothing has ever compared. This cleanser is soft, creamy, affordable and smells nice! And because it doesn't have any sulfates, it doesn't dry my skin out! It works wonders to keep my very acne-prone skin clear and soft!

on 7/14/2011 1:10:00 AM

It made my acne worse. It didn't work for me at all.

Pros:
It made my face FEEL clean

Cons:
My face was super oily again within 20 minutes!
made my acne worse