Revlon Matte Lipstick - Pink Pout

on 1/11/2012 8:53:00 PM

Pretty baby pink that is cool with lilac tones. It's matte but isn't dry, it's creamy. Yes it's just as good as MAC or NARS. I'm very happy I got it, I like it better then Snob.

on 12/8/2011 2:01:00 AM

The color attracted me, however, it was a very drying lipstick. I loved the color and the cheapness of it. Yet, it highlighted all the lines on my lips, making my lips look drier and more cracked than they are.
Overall, it is a so-so lipstick. Beautiful barbie doll, nicki minaj-esque color but lacks in the formula department. Not bad, but not good either. Definitely worth a try though, if you are in the hunt for a bright pale blue-pink lip color.

on 11/26/2011 5:31:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Cool

I have been searching for a nice light pink for awhile now, I just wasn't sure if a bright colour would look good on me. I live about 2 hours from any MAC or Sephora, and I wanted to see if I truly liked light pink before I spent $20 (I always love it at the store...). I hauled myself to the nearest drugstore, and tested out products. I love a good matte product, and this matte application closely resembles that of MAC. This lipstick also has a lot of pigment. It's a blue-based pink, and it looks gorgeous against my NC35 skin. Gorgeous. Be careful, your teeth can't be yellow to pull this off. Overall, it's a nice surprise.

Revlon's matte lipsticks are some of my favorites. This color is a really pretty baby lilac pink. Like other mattes it shows lines after a bit of wear but I just reapply or add a clear gloss over and you'd never know!

on 8/30/2011 2:06:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

This is my favorite pinky purple lip color, the color is similar to NYX round lipstick in Power, except pink pout runs a bit more pink. It looks great with a baby pink lipgloss over it. Looks amazing with a smokey eye. Love Love Love. Would I buy it again ,yes. In fact I already have a back up.

I purchased this a month ago, I heard Khloe Kardashian wears this...who knows! When I swatched it at the store I was torn between Nude Attitude and Pink Pout...I opted for Pink Pout instead because I don't have enough Pinks and it seemed like a fun shade. I love matte lipsticks for a very made up face. Pink Pout is a nude pink, they say its a blue-toned pink which is true. I've heard it compared to MAC Snob, I think this is less intense. It never ceases to amaze me that people complain about matte lipsticks being "drying" HELLO its called matte, it's suppose to lack moisture and luster to get the flat finish! The forumla doesn't give moisture so ALWAYS put a lip balm or a lip conditioner or vaseline on before for at least 10 mins and then once your lips have absorbed the moisture that is needed you can apply the lipstick. I always use a lip conditioner like MAC or my Rosy Lips by Vaseline before applying lipsticks or lipglosses. Super cheap for $10. I like the packaging as well, very good quality for drugstore makeup. Big bonus is that it lasts very long. Only downside for me is that it is a "Barbie" girl colour and I can't wear it everyday.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Ok so I did buy this lipstick only because I had heard so many great reviews on it. So I had to see it for myself and try it. It's been about a week now and I have no complaints other than it is somewhat drying. The color is very pigmented no shimmer and matte. Yes I knew that when purchasing it that it would be a matte formula but it didn't say anything about being so drying. Not very impressed, probably wouldn't buy again.

on 7/30/2011 12:50:00 AM

After reading several of the comments below, a lot of people mentioned that this lipstick looks like a barbie pink to them. But to me it looks no where near Barbie pink at all. It is more of a pinkish sort of mauve color (more of like a nude pink sort of color, something like MAC pink plaid rather than MAC Snob like in the pics) I really didn't like this lippie too much. I repurchased this only because I had lost the first one that I had bought before and it was the first pink lipstick I had ever had a while back. Now that I have tried many other pinks, I come to find that this lipstick is not all that like I first thought. First off, I find the quality of this lipstick pretty cheap. The color payoff isnt that good. It seems sort of waxy. iT's not very well pigmented in my opinion. And the container it comes in looks really cheap. Not something I would want to pull out in front of everyone and apply. Also when I turn the lipstick it tends to squeak, which is a bit embarrassing. I Don't really recommend this if you're into higher quality lipsticks because yes, you will see the difference. If you don't really care, and you're just looking for a pink lipstick, then this is for you. It is the perfect dupe for MAC's Pink Plaid, which is also a matte color.

I really wanted to love this product after hearing so many great reviews about it. However, it is not for me.

1. Packaging : Like all Revlon lipsticks, the packaging looks great and is good quality.
2. Color : The color is far too barbie pink for my liking, however, if you put a clear gloss over it, it tones down the pink and makes it alot more wearable. However, this defeats the purpose of a 'matte' lipstick!
3. Application : This lipstick, being matte, is very drying and I recommend applying a lip balm before you put it on. Even doing this, the lipstick still looks very dry and cakey on my lips and I find I have to first exfoliate my lips, then apply lip balm, then the lipstick, then blend it out with a lip brush! Doing this is, to me, alot of work just to wear a lipstick!
4. Durability : This lipstick doesnt last long for me. If I dont reapply within half an hour, it begins to look bad and I have to take it off!

Overall, I will not be repurchasing this product as I do not like the color, it is alot of work to apply and it doesnt have great staying power.

on 7/11/2011 9:57:00 AM

Hello ladies! just purchased the this lipstick over the weekend I love matte lipsticks and I decided to purchase this since the reviews have been pretty good. I must say when i first put it on i was like "WHOA" I look crazy lol! but I put a sheer gloss on top and I love it! I used the Elf glossy gloss in Berry Blush and I love the way it looks. It goes on creamy and smooth and its pretty pigmented for a drugstore product.

Popular Lipsticks