September 30, 2014 | 1261 users online

Concealers - MAC - Studio Finish Concealer

rated 3.8(2093 reviews)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2014 10:24:00 PM More reviews by cjhalfthai

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

NW25 is my HG. :) I used to be a fan of concealers that were two shades lighter than my skin tone. (I'm an NC30 if this might help). But when I went to try MAC Studio Finish concealer, I was surprised that the saleslady recommended NW25. It was nothing like my old concealers and it looks a little beigy when applied against my skin. She said I'm gonna need that because it has color-correcting properties.

She was right, I loved the product so much! I realized I didn't need a concealer that would highlight my undereye to give it a lift. This was the right concealer and it hides my flaws in a natural manner, one that doesn't look overdone.

The packaging is also nice, it's a small compact that I can bring in my purse. But don't underestimate its size. Coz one compact can last me a year (I use it everyday).

Although this is a bit dry, I put on eyecream first then use my fingers to apply the concealer very very lightly. I can't live without this!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2014 2:30:00 AM More reviews by yesimadancer

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Blue

I love love LOVE this concealer. Totally worth the money. Will definitely repurchase. Some reviews say they find it cakes up or settles into fine lines. I dont have that at all. I use a little bit and just apply it with my fingers because I like how it looks. I use this for undereyes ( never creased before - ITS SO GREAT! ) and on blemishes. This stuff covers pretty much anything. If its not completely 100% covering, just add some powder and you're good to go.

I dont wear foundation daily, just concealer and powder and the coverage is good enough to not need anything more- for me at least.
If you're wondering whether or not to buy it, BUY IT! You wont regret it!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/31/2014 7:36:00 AM More reviews by megraupach

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

This concealer had amazing pigmentation, which was perfect for covering all of my blemishes! It did look a little cakey if too much was put on and stuck to any dry, flaky bits of skin. I thought it was excellent until I realised that this concealer that I was using to cover my blemishes, was causing me to break out crazily. The pimples were increasing in the areas where I had concealed. I had very painful and inflamed acne. It was the worst my skin had ever been and since I stopped using it, my acne has subsided. The Mac Studio Fix Foundation also causes me to break out, unfortunately. This had the potential to be a great product.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2014 10:47:00 AM More reviews by wixter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This concealer works wonders to cover redness on my face and over blemishes. It's a very thick, pigmented, and full-coverage concealer. It does have SPF in it, but I like that since my skin is very pale and I burn easily.

I use and angled brush, the Sigma E65, to apply this concealer.

Although this product works well for hiding the redness on blemishes that I might have, this concealer is vert thick and settles into the lines around the blemish. It can be very distracting and unsightly. I use a very light hand when applying this to raised blemishes.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2014 10:17:00 AM More reviews by Annelindw

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This concealer is great! I have NW15, which is a tiny bit too dark - but I still use it all the time. It is a concealer with great coverage! I use a brush to dab it onto trouble areas, which works very well. It can be a little dry, but I don't think it's that bad. This concealer can cover up almost anything I think.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2014 10:58:00 PM More reviews by woodenshoe

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

Normally I don't like to use Mac concealers and foundations because they break me out like crazy. This one is an exception to the rule though.

It's easy to apply, not overly oily and it is not that difficult to find a colour that matches your skin tone. Another important aspect is the fact that this concealer does NOT cause break outs, at least in my case. I don't think it lasts that long but it hasn't completely disappeared after a few hours either. I like to use it to cover dark under eye circles but I agree with a previous reviewer that it may crease a little when used as an under eye concealer. The trick is to use a moisturizing eye cream and to avoid applying too much.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2014 11:32:00 AM More reviews by steffyashley

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I recently purchased a pot of these as a supplement concealer for my current (thinning) makeup palette. With my fair-medium complexion, the makeup artist at MAC's counter recommended an NC20 to me. I also requested that she gave me the 'thickest' and 'best for covering blemishes' concealer, and she immediately recommended this one, as compared to the other concealers from MAC.

I've worn this several times and believe I should write a review about it.

Pros:
- The staying power is very good. It is not magnificent (ie will not budge no matter what horrible weather it is put through), but it stayed there for almost 10 hours on my face.
- Consistency. I am biased for this type of creamy-but-not-too-creamy concealers. I usually prefer to use my concealer brush for application as compared to fingers, though I found that the end result is not much different.
- Coverage is good. I do not have any red acne / acne scars right now, so I can't say for sure, but I do have two black/dark acne scars. It covered quite well, so I can't see the scars unless I really zoom in to look at it. I suppose that means most people looking at my face won't notice the scars at all. I was wearing this on top of a very light coverage foundation.
- SPF! Mine, at least came with an SPF of 35, which I believe is a very good addition, because it helps your (dark) scars heal and not be exposed to harmful sunlight.
- Packaging is light and simple, as expected of MAC products. I think it also has a fair bit of products, and considering what a long way a little of this goes, I'm guessing it will last me quite some times.
-Good match. The NC20 disappears to my skin, in a good, imperfection-covering way.

Cons:
- Under-eye wear. It's just my preference, but I like creamier concealers for under-eyes, because I find this type harder to put on and slightly creasing. However, this is just my preference I guess.

Verdict:
Not the perfect (cover absolutely everything) concealer, but have never used a better one either. I have used Benefit's Erase Paste, Too Faced's No Makeup Makeup Palette Concealer (though the color's not that right), Body Shop's concealer, and several drugstore concealers. So far this is the best I've come across! I recommend this for people with no severe imperfections and have other options for their under-eyes.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2014 5:56:00 PM More reviews by sbendel

Although this can be slightly drying (I have dry skin to begin with), this is the best concealer I've tried to mask imperfections on my face. I recently experienced a very bad breakout all over my skin and although it is currently cleared up, I still have some little red marks/scars. This completely hides them and evens out my discoloration. I suggest using an NC as opposed to NW if you're looking to hide redness or acne marks on your face - I've found that it better conceals my scarring and cancels out the pinky/red tones, but that's just me!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2014 2:28:00 PM More reviews by DaysiDarling

This concealer is good but it shows my eye crease and thats the only bad part. that looks so ugly. besides that its a good buy! i love it it gives coverage and well its good it does its job! i love the packaging its small and convenient.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2014 4:01:00 PM More reviews by Jkristina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely LOVE this concealer!! I bought it about 8 years ago When I suffered teenage acne and it worked a charm alongside studio fix foundation. Haven't needed to use it since until a month ago and omg I've never been so thankful for a product. I've started breaking out with cystic acne on my cheeks and this concealer is a godsend at covering up red lumps and bumps and making my skin look flawless with or without my foundation! I like putting in on before my foundation and then tapping a little more on if necessary, I find that I get best coverage like this! The only thing about it is because I'm using spot treatments parts of my face can be a little dry and this can sit on the dry skin slightly but nothing that's noticeable! Plus side is that it helps fight the blemish and it non-acnegenic so I don't worry about using it often!! Def recommend and will always repurchase!!