April 16, 2014 | 2001 users online

Concealers - MAC - Studio Finish Concealer

rated 3.8(2055 reviews)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2013 4:23:00 PM More reviews by michellerodgerscts

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I think one of the main reasons people do not like this product is because they are using it incorrectly. When used correctly, or in conjunction with products that make it stay in place...this is a one of a kind, high-end concealer. I love the look, I think you get an amazing amount, I love the packaging, I love the amount of shades MAC provides you with.

This concealer was meant to be used on the skin, to cover blemishes and dark marks. It is a creamy concealer and is very moldable...which means...it will move until it is SET not to MOVE. I think a lot of women have issues because this product is not being set correctly. I use this product as a face concealer for blemishes, to shape my brows, and as an under eye concealer. In every case, this concealer MUST BE SET WITH A TRANSLUCENT NON-TRANSFERABLE POWDER. MAC has one, it is white, the brand that I use is the Dermablend Translucent Powder. This powder sets the product to a matte finish, and keeps creams from transferring and moving around on your face for a very long time. A normal face powder will not guarantee that this will not move.

I love this concealer...I have been using various other concealers bc I have them laying around and I want to try them out...but this is tried and true for me...it blends into the skin well and can last a long time if set correctly. When I am going for a no makeup look, and do not want to use foundation, I put this under my eyes, around my brows, and on any blemishes...set with my Dermablend powder, and I look well rested and with perfect skin...Thank you MAC for another amazing product!

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2013 2:17:00 PM More reviews by lollsazz

I don't like this for two reasons: it creases a lot and disappears on me quite fast. It looks so creamy in the package, but it still manages to dry out my undereyes and look slightly oily at the same time. I need my makeup to stay for at least 10/15 hours a day I'm wearing it. And I like my makeup to look natural, but still have good coverage. Somehow this looks quite caky on my skin, even with a thin layer. The good thing is that there are many colours and the price is pretty low. I still won't ever buy this again. I prefer the Make Up For Ever Full Coverage Waterproof Concealer over this or my Kanebo one.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/21/2013 2:03:00 PM More reviews by Bajanac

I just bought this concealer and i will say i do like it, I dont think it last all day- i fee like if i apply it in the morning by mid afternoon its all gone. I use NW30 now , i think it comes on a little bright but i like to set it with my bobbi brown pwder and add bronzer all over my face and it helps with evening out the color.
Its not the best but its a good product, i would recommend it but i will say to make sure you get your exact color match, play around with the diffrent colors, because if it doesnt match it will start to look ashy and your eye cricles will show thru..

rated 1 of 5 on 10/14/2013 2:02:00 PM More reviews by ebony14

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

So, I bought this product over the summer as a treat to myself, and was very excited about it. However it did NOT meet my expectations, which really weren't all that high.

CONS
1 - It creases like there's no tomorrow. Honestly, within thirty seconds of putting it on, it has already creased under my eyes. Even if I place powder on it immediately after application, it still seems to hate me.
2 - ...there isn't really a second reason, just go off of the first one.

PROS
1- Okay, it is really easy to apply. I'll give it that.
2 - It is very creamy and feels nice on the skin.
3 - I STILL HATE IT. A LOT.

I can't forgive the creasing. That just made me hate it loads. $25 for this thing is SO not worth it. Definitely never repurchasing.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/4/2013 5:25:00 PM More reviews by Dexterwooller

This concealer is good, it is not great.
The coverage is quite good but there are some bug disadvantages to it:
It creases under the eyes
Is is very drying if you have even the tiniest bit of dry skin it highlights this by going flaky
It has an oily consistency to the touch

But it does last a very long time so I would say it is worth the price at around £14.50.

I wouldn't buy it again but it's quite good, just not for me:)

rated 2 of 5 on 10/4/2013 2:56:00 AM More reviews by EmmaSalvatore

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I recently went to my nearest mac store to purchase my favourite concealer ( Mac Pro longwear concealer in nc15 and nc20)
But they are out of stock for both colours so I thought of buying the mac studio finish concealer because of the many good reviews on it I purchased it in nc20
I gave this concealer a 2 out of 5
BECAUSE IT CREASES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I put it on underneath the eyes and sometimes on my eyelid for a primer but it just creases like crazy ! It looksblike I have wrinkles underneath my eyes when I'm only 18!
It covered pretty well but my pro longwear concealer covered much better
PROS
. Great packaging good to travel with
. Good coverage
. Lasts 5-6 hours with primer and powder

CONS
. CREASES !!!!!
. Gos a bit watery if you leave it in the sun
. $32 here in Australia for a TINY little pot of concealer
. Swipes away a bit when you put powder on top of it
. Creases straight away when you put powder on top of it

BUY THE MAC PRO LONGWEAR CONCEALER IT'S WAY BETTER THEN THIS COVERES PIMPLES , DARK CIRCLES CAN WORK FOR A BRIGHTNER AMAZING COERAGE BUT DOSNT FEEL HEAVY LASTS FOREVER !

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2013 10:46:00 PM More reviews by Makdrizz08

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

My HOLY GRAIL concealer. Perfect for my skin type. Love the creaminess. It's very easy to work with.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2013 9:20:00 PM More reviews by DrChris

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

When the concealer I'd been loyal to for years was discontinued, I launched a full-scale search for a replacement - and, after reading the reviews, this was the first one I tried. The search is over! I have pretty good skin in general but a few dark spots (and a very visible surgery scar) that I need to cover, and this does the trick perfectly. I don't need much at all - I just press my finger lightly on the surface and then dab it on my face and tap it gently to blend, and it covers everything with ease. This lasts all day for me, and the NC15 is an ideal match for my skin. When I first got it and saw that it was a tiny compact, I thought I would use it up in no time, but after two months of use it barely looks like I've used any at all. I wear it under a variety of foundations that have different finishes - loose minerals, pressed minerals, stick foundation - and it works well with everything. I will definitely repurchase, and I'm so glad that I found this!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2013 3:38:00 AM More reviews by fluffmonsta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have combination skin (dry/oily) with 1-2 active pimples, acne scarring, and open pores. this is a good concealer but mine is a bit dry. its not creamy and definitely NOT a joy to put on. it almost feels "stiff" and hard in the pot, requiring extended blending time. once blended onto moisturized skin, it gives good coverage and staying power though. I have tried similarly effective concealers from a variety of different brands (the face shop, inglot, clinique) that are more creamy and satisfying to apply in terms of texture/feel and blending time, so I am definitely not planning to repurchase this. I might try the MAC prolongwear concealer. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2013 7:31:00 PM More reviews by rsa1991

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Wow this is the only concealer I have ever owned (3 years) and I feel no need to switch away from it to a new one, I really like the consistency, easy to apply easy to blend. I hate wearing foundation and just use this to cover up a few blemishes and it works well for that. It doesn't break me out either which is one of my main concerns with new skincare/makeup products. Also great under the eyes as I have quite dark circles. I use this in NC30 in the summer time but I've been noticing in winter it does look a bit more orange on me, so I will have to get a lighter shade for winter. Only one issue I have is that when applying blush/bronzer over this it tends to stick more to the concealer and make that patch look a bit darker, I usually can avoid this by applying blush first (I know - odd) then the concealer and then a bit more blush and that works well in getting an even colour . Also - although this is the same pot size as the MAC eyeshadows, it goes in much deeper and so this last for ages!