August 20, 2014 | 1428 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Matte Lipstick Really Red [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2012 8:28:00 PM More reviews by elat33179

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

YES!!!!!!!! Finally a red that looks fabulous on me! I am cool toned, fair skinned (NW25) blonde and this red is so awesome, I can even wear it in the daytime without looking like a hooker. When it wears off, it leaves a really pretty stain.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2012 8:09:00 PM More reviews by Karowin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I have purchased from Revlon's Matte lipstick line before, and decided to purchase Really Red. One of the first things I noticed was how pigmented it is and it's staying power. I have a warm skin tone and was first worried that it wouldn't suit me, but I'm glad I made the choice of this lipstick. This is going to be my staple red color, I could see myself putting it into my everyday basic look. I would definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2012 7:30:00 PM More reviews by sarahcoop

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Just to add some more love here...this is a great red. I have a really hard time with red lipsticks...they tend to turn pink on me really easily. The undertones of this work wonderfully to create a true red. It's bright and bold, and I feel prettier with it on. Teeth look super white. Cheap. No drying effects. Get a good lip liner though, just to prevent any feathering. Love!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2012 1:06:00 PM More reviews by MsScarlet

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this lipstick a while ago for a costume. I wanted a matte, retro red that wasn't going to break my budget. I looked on MUA and this shade popped up, and I snagged it at a drugstore with a $1 off coupon.

I own more than a few red lipsticks/stains/glosses, but Revlon's Really Red is by far the best and my go-to lipstick for a dramatic lip. It's creamy, full-coverage, and completely matte; perfect for retro/pinup looks. The red is bright and clear, not red-orange or dark red-burgundy (both orange-tinted lipsticks and deep red/burgundy lipsticks look terrible on my super pale skin).

I would suggest buying a matching red lip liner to preserve the color for an all-night event and make the edges precise (I have revlon's colorstay lipliner in red, but I wouldn't give that as high a rating as the lipstick because mine keeps breaking off in chunks). Also, make sure to set your lipstick with some translucent powder or a setting spray. And DON'T USE ANY GLOSS OR BALM! It will make your lipstick slide off, smear, and/or get on your teeth. So make sure to moisturize and exfoliate your lips really well *before* applying because if you want the color to stay all night, you won't want to use any kind of sticky product.

As a consequence, the Revlon lipstick can be a bit drying, but if you take proper effort to exfoliate and moisturize beforehand and reapply/touch up your lips when you start to feel the dryness/flakies, it isn't much of a problem.

In sum, I love love love this lipstick. Absolutely stunning color on my pale skin, full coverage, and a classic matte finish. What more could you want?

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2012 1:05:00 PM More reviews by 4misstish

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

As a natural red-head it can be sometimes hard to find a shae that looks good witthout confilicting with my hair color. However I had heard so many good things about this shade I decided to give it a try. WOW! I was so impressed! I love this shade and it works great with my red hair. The color is ideal and i can't believe I have finally found a red that i can love. It's a perfect matte shade without feeling or looking to dry. I simply can't recommend this enough.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2012 9:21:00 AM More reviews by mikaavila94

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I swatched Ruby Woo next to this and found that this was definitely much creamier without sacrificing the amazing pigmentation and same matte finish. On my medium brown skin, putting this lipstick on in its full opacity almost literally brightens my whole face; I suddenly feel a shade or two lighter, as well as though I had glistening white teeth. But it is a full on red, a very in your face red, so you've been warned. It makes you look amazing but it is in no way subdued. It's wearable if you want a bold lip on purpose. As for the wear of it, it lasted pretty long throughout the day. From morning to evening I only reapplied thrice, and only to fix the corners of my mouth, which is where it would fade a bit. It's a little bit dry in the long run so be sure to moisturize your lips beforehand but I find that retouching with the same lipstick makes me feel moisturized enough, no need to top with a balm or gloss. I would buy this again if I ran out but not to stock up, since I'd like to explore more wearable colors.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2012 8:44:00 AM More reviews by OMGURTEEF

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Would I buy this product again? Yes, and I have. Just bought my second tube, because this is the ONLY lipstick I have EVER used up! I absolutely love this color. It's perfect against my complexion, which tends to be fair-ish with cool leanings. It has a warmer tone to it than some other reds I've used, and I like that because it's more classic and not overpowering.
    I've often heard that this is an exact dupe for MAC's Russian Red. Having never actually used Russian Red, I can't attest to that, but I can say that all the photos I've seen online confirm that rumor. However, I wouldn't say it's a dupe in texture. I've been using this lipstick for two years now with absolutely no drying on my lips (it's actually surprisingly moisturizing), but any MAC lipstick I've used - matte or otherwise - has left my lips feeling like paper-mache. (I've used Diva and Creme d'Nude and they both have actually caused my lips to crack and bleed, even with a healthy dose of exfoliation and lip balm underneath.) Revlon's little tube of wonder, however, doesn't cause my lips to dry out AT ALL. The texture is creamy and feels comfortable on my lips - not waxy or heavy. And, wonder of wonders, it DOESN'T FEATHER! That alone is a win! Every red I've used ever has always feathered, even with lip liner. (Must have been all those years of smoking.) This one doesn't. I don't have to use a lip liner (I still do to make my lips a bit fuller-looking) - I can just swipe this baby on from the tube and I'm good to go.
    This review has been way too long. I just can't help but rave about this great product. The price is amazing and the lipstick itself is to die for.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2012 1:29:00 AM More reviews by GucciDiva

Wonderful red.
    I am very pale, with neutral, slightly yellow undertones. Many reds look screechy on me, with either too much blue or too much orange. I've never been able to find a rich deep red that doesn't look overpowering on me. This is beautiful. It is just a luscious neutral RED. It doesn't look screechy. It does look dramatic, but in a beautiful luxurious way. Mattes are the best formula for red because you do NOT want a red that moves around. This stays put.

I get it to look perfect by applying concealer around my lips, then dabbing this on with my fingers. Then, I blot it, and apply another coat, and gently blot again. This leaves a beautiful rich red, but a bit flat for my taste. I add a tiny dab of NARS Bleecker lip gloss to the center of my bottom lip (any pigmented red lip gloss will work I think) and a tiny dab to the top and lightly blend it, this gives it a bit more dimension. It gives a beautiful bright, non-tacky red. Perfect.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2012 3:33:00 AM More reviews by paslarissa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I loved the color and the texture! It's a great lipstick at a great price, very pigmented, lasts a lot and suits my skin perfectly!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2012 12:03:00 AM More reviews by sam23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I just got this in a swap and it's GORGEOUS. I'm already in love. I just have to get up the guts to wear it outside, it's such a bold color. gorgeous blood redish shade, great matte finish just as promised, not too drying, I couldn't be happier with it!