Revlon Super Lustrous Matte - Really Red

4.7

Isononyl Isononanoate, Trioctyldodecyl citrte, Ozokerite, Silica, Bis-diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Paraffin, Microcrystalline wax, C10-30 Cholesterol/Lanosterol esters, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Pentaerythityl tetrethylhexanoate, Aloe Barbadensis leaf extract, Synthetic wax, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol. May contain: [ /-: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, (CI 77891) Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140) Red 7 Lake (CI 15851), Red 6 Lake (CI 15850), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499) Red 27 Lake (CI 17200) Red 33 (CI 17200), Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15895)] 21919

on 12/15/2012 1:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is the first red lipstick I've ever bought, and I think I was lucky, because it's a pretty good one. It's a very true, bright red. If you've never worn red lipstick before, it'll take you a while to get used to it, but just keep looking at yourself in the mirror and you'll like it eventually. It has a pretty good staying power--I'd say two hours. The only negative thing I have to say about it is that it tends to dry in the cracks of your lips. You might try wearing it on top of a moisturizer.

on 12/14/2012 12:44:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I received lotsa of compliment when i wore this to a wedding ceremony! They said, "WOW your lips are SO RED!" It just brightens my whole face. The shade is just right for Asian women. Colour totally stays even after food and drinks. No feathering or smudging. I'll usually put first layer over Revlon's lipliner, pat using tissue and apply another thin layer.
Worth the money, i guess works better than other pricey brands :) LOVE THIS!!

on 12/11/2012 8:18:00 AM

I was on the hunt for the perfect matte red lipstick and I've certainly found it. It is so amazingly velvety without being drying. A true classic red that would flatter a number of different skin tones.
I highly recommend this lipstick!

on 12/3/2012 12:45:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I'm lemming for MAC Ruby Woo, I just go around and look for a cheaper alternative and this is it. Matte deep red. Love it. Classic look that never go out of style.

on 11/19/2012 4:27:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm

I LOVE this red. I never thought I could pull off a red like this and turns out that I can! It looks great applied straight out of the tube and evened out with your finger. I happen to be wearing this colour the day/moment I got engaged so maybe I'm a little biased but it's a beautiful shade of red and so many wonderful memories will always be attached to this lipstick. (And of course I will be wearing another beautiful shade of Revlon on my wedding day).

on 11/12/2012 4:22:00 PM

Okay, well, I have never written a review for a makeup product before, but decided today after revisiting Revlon Really Red that I should do so. I am a somewhat harsh grader, but don't let that fool you into thinking this isn't a worthwhile product. Since moving to Montreal I have been on a lipstick binge of sorts. I just want to wear it all the time.
I bought Revlon Really Red off of Amazon before leaving the States, as a "starter red," upon reading that it is a dupe for Ruby Woo, a favorite among many.
I liked it, enough to continue on to try on Mac's Ruby Woo and eventually purchase Mac's Russian Red (I have naturally VERY dry and flakey lips).
Let me just say this, upon wearing this today for the first time since buying Russian Red and Kiss Me Quick Liner: this is MUCH more comfortable on the lips. This, of course, is not moisturizing, but it does not cake into the lips as much as Ruby Woo or Russian Red does for me, and I BARELY feel as if I have anything on. I put it on over Kiss Me Quick, and the bright effect is just enough to look as if I might be wearing Ruby Woo comfortably (which I never will).
I don't mean for this to put down Mac products. It doesn't. If I were planning on going out drinking and eating and possibly a messy night, I would wear Russian Red for it's staying power (not transferring onto cups or men, etc). However, since I was only going to the library today, this is perfect. I blotted it so that it looks more like a stain, and I can say that Revlon has a repeat customer for this product (not that I'll probably ever use a full tube). I love Revlon products, and this is a great, GREAT product. I am going to start wearing this more often again.
NYX Hot Red (I believe is what it is called), is a good liner to pair with this, but I think that maybe investing in a better lipliner for us dry-lipped ladies would be better. I want my lipstick to stay put, so lining and filling my lips before applying out of the bullet (dabbing mostly), is a must.
If you have not bought this lipstick, and you want a reliable, teeth-whiter, not too dark, not TOO TOO bright lip, this is a great option for you. My lips look velvet-y soft right now and they feel that way too. I find that topping lipsticks with glosses is disastrous for me, and I prefer matte finishes anyways. Good starter pin-up dramatic red. I don't think this is exactly "formal," but it is so fun and it grabs attention for sure, depending on how you apply it (sharp lines or blotted).

on 11/9/2012 8:28:00 PM

YES!!!!!!!! Finally a red that looks fabulous on me! I am cool toned, fair skinned (NW25) blonde and this red is so awesome, I can even wear it in the daytime without looking like a hooker. When it wears off, it leaves a really pretty stain.

on 11/8/2012 8:09:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I have purchased from Revlon's Matte lipstick line before, and decided to purchase Really Red. One of the first things I noticed was how pigmented it is and it's staying power. I have a warm skin tone and was first worried that it wouldn't suit me, but I'm glad I made the choice of this lipstick. This is going to be my staple red color, I could see myself putting it into my everyday basic look. I would definitely repurchase.

on 11/1/2012 7:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Just to add some more love here...this is a great red. I have a really hard time with red lipsticks...they tend to turn pink on me really easily. The undertones of this work wonderfully to create a true red. It's bright and bold, and I feel prettier with it on. Teeth look super white. Cheap. No drying effects. Get a good lip liner though, just to prevent any feathering. Love!!

on 10/25/2012 1:06:00 PM

I bought this lipstick a while ago for a costume. I wanted a matte, retro red that wasn't going to break my budget. I looked on MUA and this shade popped up, and I snagged it at a drugstore with a $1 off coupon.

I own more than a few red lipsticks/stains/glosses, but Revlon's Really Red is by far the best and my go-to lipstick for a dramatic lip. It's creamy, full-coverage, and completely matte; perfect for retro/pinup looks. The red is bright and clear, not red-orange or dark red-burgundy (both orange-tinted lipsticks and deep red/burgundy lipsticks look terrible on my super pale skin).

I would suggest buying a matching red lip liner to preserve the color for an all-night event and make the edges precise (I have revlon's colorstay lipliner in red, but I wouldn't give that as high a rating as the lipstick because mine keeps breaking off in chunks). Also, make sure to set your lipstick with some translucent powder or a setting spray. And DON'T USE ANY GLOSS OR BALM! It will make your lipstick slide off, smear, and/or get on your teeth. So make sure to moisturize and exfoliate your lips really well *before* applying because if you want the color to stay all night, you won't want to use any kind of sticky product.

As a consequence, the Revlon lipstick can be a bit drying, but if you take proper effort to exfoliate and moisturize beforehand and reapply/touch up your lips when you start to feel the dryness/flakies, it isn't much of a problem.

In sum, I love love love this lipstick. Absolutely stunning color on my pale skin, full coverage, and a classic matte finish. What more could you want?

Popular Lipsticks