October 25, 2014 | 1628 users online

Powders - Clinique - Clinique Redness Solutions Instant Relief Mineral Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2010 4:48:00 PM More reviews by jess213

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was intimidated by the bright yellow color, but it blends into my fair skin very easily. I use a powder brush to apply in the mornings and keep the one it came with in my purse, as you can keep an application of the powder in the brush. This controls my redness very well.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/28/2009 8:13:00 PM More reviews by sopchan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Whilst this powder is not that effective on redness, its main problem is that it is not finely milled enough even to act as a regular setting powder, and for this reason I found it very disappointing.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/17/2009 4:44:00 PM More reviews by marym126

I got a sample of this from the Clinique counter at Macy's. The sales lady gave me a very generous sample, so I have been using it for about a week now and still have not run out even though I use a lot. I have quite a bit of redness on my nose, cheeks, chin, and forehead. Might be mild rosacea but I'm not sure. My neck and the rest of my body has yellow undertones so I am constantly trying to make my face and the rest of my body match.
Honestly, I think this does make a difference, but it's not a drastic difference. I would say it covers red about 30% more than other powders, both loose and pressed. I like that it is yellow, however it does not make you look yellow. I've used it to set my Estee Lauder DW foundation in Sand and my concealer as well. I have not tried it underneath my foundation because you are obviously not supposed to use a powder underneath a liquid. I have not tried it on it's own either because I need more coverage. It is great for setting under eye concealer as well and does not crease.
I have not decided yet if it is worth the purchase, I will edit this when I know for sure.
If you are looking for something to drastically reduce or totally cover your redness, I think you will be disappointed by this. This product works amazing for people with mild redness. I do like it since it helps but it's no miracle product.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/12/2009 6:26:00 PM More reviews by smudgiegirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have mild rosacea which is under control and my skin lwill usually appear even toned unless I have a glass of wine or take a really hot shower (which I take every morning). After this, my cheeks turn a little pink. This product does assist in camouflaging my pink cheeks and reducing the red appearance of any mild broken capillaries.

I do agree with the freelance makeup artist, it is much more effective pressed onto the face than buffed on as a powder. While the powder is yellow in color, my skin does not appear yellow after applying this product.

All this being said, I know that people who suffer from rosacea can have their ups and downs with red skin as well as serious outbreaks. While I have not had an outbreak in a long time, I can still remember my experiences with them. For thoes of you who struggles with this skin issue, during an outbreak or even aftewards, this product will not do be of any assistance to you. This Redness Solutions Instant Mineral Powder is average in its ability to mildly reduce the appearance of slightly reddened skin.

I will say that I have not experienced any adverse skin reactions to using this product and my skin tends to be sensitive.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2009 6:41:00 AM More reviews by Halloqueen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I tested this at the Clinique counter, and that was more then enough for me. This stuff is awful. I couldn't keep it on my face long enough to find out if it really worked or not! I have very pink cheeks (mild rosecea) and am always looking for products to help reduce and hide the redness...so I asked to try this. The SA blotted/stippled it on with a large brush....imagine my surprise when I looked in the mirror-it looked like someone had ground in yellow cake flour all over my face. No amount of blending helped. I cannot imagine anyone getting makeup to look natural over this. Maybe it does work...I'll never know. This was the scary experience and I am SOOOO glad I didn't fall for it.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/16/2009 6:28:00 AM More reviews by Legs11

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am a freelance make-up artist and i kept reading reviews of this powder. I wanted something that would take away the redness from my clients skin and this seemed to tick all the boxes.
It does take away redness but i find it far more effective if the powder is pressed on rather then brushed. I also like to apply it on top of foundation too.
The pot is huge and as only a small ammount is needed i cant see me needing to stock up on it for a long time.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/21/2009 12:36:00 PM More reviews by Purpledaisy2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This stuff is awful. I got a sample of it to try because my chin is always red and irritated. It is the only part of my face that needs foundation. This did nothing to cover up or reduce the redness!! You might as well spend way less than the overprices $32 and buy a Cover Girl powder if that is the route you want to take, this stuff does nothing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2009 10:24:00 PM More reviews by Donnz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I really like this powder. While it doesn't entirely get rid of all the redness in my cheeks it tones it down about 75% with nothing but lotion and sunscreen underneath. Worn on its on its own or under a mattifying primer it is really nice - although won't do anything for fixing bad tone - I have bad pigmintation problems after two pregnancys and the dreaded mask of pregnancy times two! I put it under foundation as well and then over the top instead of powder - over the top of revlon's colourstay it gives a lovely finish and tones down any breakthough redness. Huge pot, expensive but will last forever and I can make the kabuki brush it comes with work although a bigger brush is better. You also don't get a white face in falsh photography like you tend to with green based tints to get rid of redness.

I will definately keep buying this - although won;t go anywhere near the rest of their redness range and it stings the bejesus out of my skin - even their "soothing" cleanser!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/30/2009 2:18:00 PM More reviews by BecsWR

I was really excited to try this product out. I have redness in my cheeks and was hoping that this would be amazing. It's not. It works okay, I guess. It works pretty well as a powder but I don't know how much it actually does for the redness. It definitely has a yellow-ish tinge to it but I didn't find that it made my face look yellow or anything crazy. I've used some of the other redness solutions products by Clinique and liked them quite a bit but this one just didn't do it for me. I still use it and probably will until I find something better but I doubt that I would ever repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2009 10:29:00 AM More reviews by footballqueen07

Interesting product... it is perfect to reduce redness, but if you have oily skin it will not stay on. And if you have large pores it will definitely enhance them. It does not look yellow though !! I have fair skin so I was easy to match. The brush is rough and blends terribly. Great intention, but it failed to perform.