December 22, 2014 | 1653 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Double Extend Beauty Tubes Mascara in Black

rated 3 of 5 on 7/13/2010 4:05:00 AM More reviews by Es1337

I have very deep set hooded eyes and very long lashes that rest on my lid just under my brow bone. For years and years I was afraid of mascara because it would rub off on my lids and make me look like a raccoon, not even waterproof mascaras were wearable by me.

This definitely does live up the the smudge proof claim and keeps me from looking like a raccoon even after some major sweating, but it's definitely not my HG but I would repurchase just till I find something better.

It makes my lashes look really spikey, clumps them together, and is EXTREMELY hard to get off. I've lost a few lash hairs from trying to get the stuff off. The brush is too big and close to the wand to get to the hairs in the inner and outer corners I found.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2010 1:44:00 PM More reviews by elizsafox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This mascara doesn't do it for me. First of all, there isn't much total product in the tube for the same price as others with a full tube of mascara (due to the side with the conditioner or whatever). Second, it doesn't make my lashes look bold - they just look kinda feathery and light, not dramatic in the least. Finally, when I remove this mascara, it flakes off in a strange way and leaves weird mascara residue flakes everywhere. I like L'Oreal, but not this particular mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2010 5:09:00 AM More reviews by Cares50

I have been using the Double Extend mascaras for several years. I love the lengthening and volumizing one can acquire with this product. I like the option of using both the primer and mascara when I want the full effect, or just the mascara when I want a more natural look. In the past, I have used the primer with other colours of mascara - the primer seems to be the only reason the other brands succeed.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2010 7:25:00 PM More reviews by soraya69

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really like this mascara, even though I was hesitating to buy it based on the low score on MUA.
It's close to perfect. I apply the primer first, don't even let it dry, then the mascara. I actually like the bristles, they apply the mascara evenly and separate my lashes flawlessly, I don't need to run a comb through them to separate them, like I do with my other mascaras. It lengthens my lashes a great deal (well I don't know about 80%, but still...), and it lets them keep their curl. It feels like I have nothing on, and I haven't noticed any clumping or spider lashes. No fallout what so ever. They look natural, just longer.
Removal is easy, you just gently rub some warm water with 2 fingers on your lashes, and you can see the tiny fibers come off. I love that I don't have to use eye m/up remover, as it usually left me with raccoon eyes in the morning. this washes out clean, and my lashes look great, soft and healthy after.
I think of this as a good buy, and I'll probably repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2010 3:40:00 PM More reviews by SHeust

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

For insane lengthening, I haven't found a better mascara; it takes my lashes far beyond where they naturally stop. I love it for "going out" nights, because the length is so dramatic. I get comments on my "long eyelashes" whenever I wear it.

It does not go on gray, either, like some of the mascaras with white primers do. This mascara goes on nice and dark and lasts until you wash it off. Which is the only weird part of the mascara - it really does make "little tubes"! When you wash it off the first time, it looks like your lashes are falling off, but really it is just each individual lash tube washing off.

It doesn't really do a whole lot as far as volume or thickness - this is strictly a lengthening mascara. However, my lashes didn't look sparse overall or thin with it on.

I would definitely recommend it for a dramatic lash look!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2010 4:29:00 PM More reviews by mycherie04

I am on my second tube of this product and it is the best mascara I have used up to this point. I love that the tube includes a primer (white coat) along with the black mascara portion. I find that it does not clump, is long lasting, and makes my lashes look fuller and longer. I highly recommend this product to anyone looking for a cheap but effective mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2010 12:05:00 PM More reviews by annabrem

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Love love love this mascara. In general, "tubular" mascaras are a godsend for me because they are the only ones that don't leave me looking like a raccoon 2 hours after applying.

This is, in my opinion, the best of the "tubular" mascaras. (I've tried Publicity Stunt by Lorac, Blinc by Kiss Me, and Fiberwig.) This is the only one that seems to add any real volume. I barely even use the primer end because the mascara end is more than enough. But when I'm in the mood for that "fake eyelashes" look, I'll use a bit of the primer first. Add to that the fact that it's about half the price of the others, and it's unbeatable!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/6/2010 10:54:00 PM More reviews by seajay23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Do not waste your money.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2010 1:14:00 PM More reviews by SuzyBlue

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love, love, love this mascara. After many years of experimenting with various brands I threw out all of my marcaras when I found this one. It is the ONLY one I have found that leaves no racoon smudges, stays put and doesn't flake. I can wear it all day, and if I want a little extra volume for evening I add another coat of the black. I can even wear it on my lower lashes.

It comes off with a slight soaking of water, no need for eye makeup remover and it's gentle on my lashes unlike waterproof ones.I have had it withstand a little tearing-up (a good cry will leave you with a few "tubes" on your face or tissue).

Please L'Oreal do not EVER discontinue this product, or I will be grievously lost once again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2010 10:19:00 PM More reviews by mgonza30

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am only giving this a full five lippie rating because it is perfect for me when I coach (soccer, outside, humid, sweaty, lots of sunblock....). It stays put despite the weather conditions. I would not use it for my everyday mascara because it doesnt give volume and tends to clump.
Works well on the beach as well.
You will not like this if you like thick non-spidery lashes.
You will like this if you are in hot humid summer weather and want a long lasting mascara as an alternative to waterproof.