August 30, 2014 | 1610 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Double Extend Beauty Tubes Mascara in Black

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2010 3:40:00 PM More reviews by SHeust

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

For insane lengthening, I haven't found a better mascara; it takes my lashes far beyond where they naturally stop. I love it for "going out" nights, because the length is so dramatic. I get comments on my "long eyelashes" whenever I wear it.

It does not go on gray, either, like some of the mascaras with white primers do. This mascara goes on nice and dark and lasts until you wash it off. Which is the only weird part of the mascara - it really does make "little tubes"! When you wash it off the first time, it looks like your lashes are falling off, but really it is just each individual lash tube washing off.

It doesn't really do a whole lot as far as volume or thickness - this is strictly a lengthening mascara. However, my lashes didn't look sparse overall or thin with it on.

I would definitely recommend it for a dramatic lash look!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2010 4:29:00 PM More reviews by mycherie04

I am on my second tube of this product and it is the best mascara I have used up to this point. I love that the tube includes a primer (white coat) along with the black mascara portion. I find that it does not clump, is long lasting, and makes my lashes look fuller and longer. I highly recommend this product to anyone looking for a cheap but effective mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2010 12:05:00 PM More reviews by annabrem

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Love love love this mascara. In general, "tubular" mascaras are a godsend for me because they are the only ones that don't leave me looking like a raccoon 2 hours after applying.

This is, in my opinion, the best of the "tubular" mascaras. (I've tried Publicity Stunt by Lorac, Blinc by Kiss Me, and Fiberwig.) This is the only one that seems to add any real volume. I barely even use the primer end because the mascara end is more than enough. But when I'm in the mood for that "fake eyelashes" look, I'll use a bit of the primer first. Add to that the fact that it's about half the price of the others, and it's unbeatable!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/6/2010 10:54:00 PM More reviews by seajay23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Do not waste your money.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2010 1:14:00 PM More reviews by SuzyBlue

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love, love, love this mascara. After many years of experimenting with various brands I threw out all of my marcaras when I found this one. It is the ONLY one I have found that leaves no racoon smudges, stays put and doesn't flake. I can wear it all day, and if I want a little extra volume for evening I add another coat of the black. I can even wear it on my lower lashes.

It comes off with a slight soaking of water, no need for eye makeup remover and it's gentle on my lashes unlike waterproof ones.I have had it withstand a little tearing-up (a good cry will leave you with a few "tubes" on your face or tissue).

Please L'Oreal do not EVER discontinue this product, or I will be grievously lost once again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2010 10:19:00 PM More reviews by mgonza30

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am only giving this a full five lippie rating because it is perfect for me when I coach (soccer, outside, humid, sweaty, lots of sunblock....). It stays put despite the weather conditions. I would not use it for my everyday mascara because it doesnt give volume and tends to clump.
Works well on the beach as well.
You will not like this if you like thick non-spidery lashes.
You will like this if you are in hot humid summer weather and want a long lasting mascara as an alternative to waterproof.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2010 8:26:00 PM More reviews by animalsrbetterthanpeople

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

EDIT; I knocked this down from 5 lippies to 2. Yes, it's great that it doesn't smudge, but I think that it was causing my lashes to thin. Also, it didn't give me any fullness at all, and my lashes looked long, but way too thin, and "spiky". Have switched from this to Maybelline's "Full and Soft" in the waterproof version. Like the look better, lashes don't seem to be damaged, and I like the smaller tube...Double Extend's tube is HUGE and chunky and takes up a lot of room in a makeup bag. Sorry, L'Oreal...good concept, but not for me.

The reason that I'm giving this five lippies is that it's the ONLY mascara that truly will not smudge and you can even sleep in it without waking to the dreaded raccoon eyes. While it does not thicken my lashes, it does seems to lengthen them. I bought this quite some time ago and used it only a couple of times and then went back to my Maybelline "Volume express" and "Full and Soft". But I get sick of having to use eyemakeup remover and still having those dreaded "rings" ....my undereye circles are dark enough, thank you very much, without adding to them with smudged mascara. So, I pulled this out of my drawer and decided to give it another try and I'm glad that I did.

Because waterproof mascara is so hard on the lashes, and because this mascara isn't....I give it five lippies. I also find, and this may just be me, but it seems to "curl" my lashes without my having to use the eyelash curler. The advice of others to apply the white conditioning formula and then immediately apply the mascara is spot on.If you dod that, it keeps the mascara formula from clumping and gives a very nice and defined effect. I have always wanted to wear mascara on my bottom lashes, too, and with this formula, I can do that without worrying about it smudging. I think from now on this will be the mascara that I use as I'm so tired of smudges and difficulty removing waterproof formulas. Thanks MUA gals for all of the good advice.....I always check this site before buying anything new.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2010 2:13:00 PM More reviews by tabbyblu

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

With light blonde, almost white lashes -- it's a trick to find the right mascara, as I ALWAYS wear mascara, no matter what.

Intrigued by the technology, I read the reviews here, first, before I purchased. The advice on putting the primer on first and while it's still wet, put on the mascara -- excellent. Because sure enough if that primer dries (and it dries fast!) the mascara can't cover doodly squat without clumping every eye lash, it seems.

I don't care for waterproof or even water resistant mascara, as I don't like pulling the delicate area around the eye or yanking out my lashes daily. So I've always used normal formula mascara, with baby shampoo to wash it off (no tears!). It's been effective for almost 20 years.

When I discovered this mascara, I couldn't believe my fortune. While it doesn't give me dark, naughty, full lashes like I've enjoyed with other mascaras, it is worth 5 lippies just on the fact that this stuff NEVER rubs off, smears, or runs even during SLEEP or my poor year-round allergy-weepy eyes. Then to top it off, it comes off effortlessly with warm water!! WOW WAY COOL.

Yes, the spider-type stuff that rolls down my face and sticks to the sink (or my shower walls) is creepy, but it's not really fair to pick on a mascara that is waterproof without having to yank one's eyelashes out to finally remove it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2010 9:07:00 PM More reviews by Sasy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Amazing. Without MUA I would have never found this let alone understand tubing mascara. This is the ONLY product that doesn't smudge on me. LOVE IT!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2010 10:45:00 AM More reviews by Deanna2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this mascara. I've always had trouble with mascara smudging and this does not smudge. As far as removal goes, I found that if I washed my face first and THEN used a wet washcloth to remove it, it comes off quite easily. I think it needs to be wet for a little while to loosen the tubes. I don't use the white side, so to me that is a waste. It's a little pricey for a drugstore product but I was previously using LORAC Publicty Stunt Mascara at $19 a pop, so this is much less, plus this goes on sale occasionally.