Too Faced Chocolate Soleil

4.5

on 10/9/2014 7:41:00 PM

Smells great and lasts all day.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

Until I finally purchased the Chocolate Soleil, I had pretty much given up on bronzers; I have medium skin (light medium in the winter, medium-tan in the summer) with neutral-to-warm undertones, and I found that bronzers tended to look orange, muddy, and fake on me. This bronzer is a beautiful color - not at all orange - and the formula doesn't irritate my sensitive skin. The packaging is sturdy and attractive with a large mirror. And...it smells exactly like chocolate. =) As far as bronzers go, this product is a bit on the pricier side, but a little goes a long way - I've been using mine every day for four months and I haven't even made a dent in it. Another excellent product from a company that I'm genuinely happy to support!

on 9/24/2014 9:19:00 AM

ADORE this bronzer! It's matte so perfect for contouring as well as all over colour, smells like chocolate and is so smooth to apply!!

on 9/12/2014 3:04:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

1. Smells like chocolate!!!!
2. Great for a natural contour, absolutely amazing with a good brush.
3. Worth the price!

on 9/10/2014 9:09:00 PM

Okay. I'm not a big bronzer girl. I've tried about every bronzer I could think of and none looked quite right on me. Then, I tried this when sephora had it as a 100 point perk. And I haven't put it down since. Hands down the best bronzer in my world. I will continue to repurchase this, only bronzer I will ever use.

on 9/3/2014 6:19:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Very natural looking matt bronzer, my boyfriend loves the smell of chocolate on my cheeks when he kissed me.

I would definitely buy again as it is quite hard to find a matt one among the sea of shimmery bronzers.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This bronzer is my favorite. Smells amazing and has a nice matte finish. I'll buy this forever.

on 8/16/2014 5:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I just can't give this a good review. I was so excited to try this out after all the great reviews. After much debate on whether to get the chocolate or milk chocolate, I settled on chocolate because I would rather be able to build it up lightly then have to use a lot to get colour, and a lot of reviews from fair skinned users have said that this works well for them by doing just that. That, I guess, was the mistake I made, because it definitely didn't work for me. I am about a NC15-20 for reference. Flawless packaging, just gorgeous! And the chocolate smell... amazing! And it lingers and you can smell it and just yum yum yum. BUT this was so, SO muddy on me. No matter how light of a hand I tried, it comes out looking orange and oompa loompa and I just can't seem to blend it out so it looks smooth. Contouring is out with it, because it is so orange. I honestly wish I could love this, and I might persevere because it was a lot of money to spend on just a bronzer (NZ$41) but I wish I had re-purchased my NARS Laguna for a bit extra. I will probably have to go back to using my ELF cool bronze palette, it is dark, but it blends, and is not orange :( I've decided to on sell this bronzer and purchase the milk chocolate, so will see how that one fares when it arrives!

on 8/12/2014 4:33:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

HG bronzer. I'm N15-N18 and many cool or neutral-toned products come off warm on me, but Chocolate Soleil doesn't! I use it with a fluffy brush and light hand and it looks perfectly natural and sculpted without much effort on my part. It is soft, pigmented and of course there's the amazing scent! All in all a perfect, delightful product. I will probably get Milk Chocolate next time.

on 8/8/2014 12:43:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Do I need to add a review among the 300+?

This stuff is so sweet. (Pun intended)
I traded my Benefit Hoola bronzer for this - I'm so happy I did.

I have oily acne prone skin, I have tried many bronzers, either they made me look muddy or they were too orange for my tastes.

This stuff is perfect, I'm a very picky person when it comes to colors, I swatched Hoola and this one, I did not see any trances of orange undertones. It was just the right around of warmth too.

So I returned my Hoola (it was difficult to blend for me) and got this.
It's so much more easier to blend, it looks so beautiful. The smell is so wonderful too.
It's not the sickly in-your-face chocolate smell but just like natural cocoa powder.
For $30 I think it is well worth it.

Very pigmented so you don't need a whole mess of it!

Iove the packaging and the fact that TooFaced is cruelty-free.

Popular Bronzers

HOOLA
HOOLA
Chocolate Soleil
Chocolate Soleil
Laguna
Laguna

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzing Powder- Review and Comparison to NARS Laguna by Lindsey Rose