November 28, 2014 | 1093 users online

Lipstick - Cover Girl - Outlast Lipstain #415 Teasing Blush

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 6/18/2009 4:54:00 PM More reviews by starablaze

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It really looks as though I had been sucking on a watermelon blow pop.
You have to have very smooth, healthy, unchapped lips for this to be all one color.
My lips peel; when I put this on, the parts of my lips that were thinner (from being peeled) sucked in all the pigment...while the rest of my lips were a lighter shade because of the extra layer of skin...if that makes sense...lol
It didn't stay on very long either (maybe 2 hrs).

rated 2 of 5 on 6/14/2009 2:56:00 PM More reviews by Tarheeloutwest

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My only beef is with the color. The name of this color should be RASPBERRY. It shows up on my lips as a very bright dark pink. Teasing blush? No human face ever blushed this color. Kool-Aid comes in this color. Candy comes in this color. It can't be red dye #2, so maybe it's red dye #3...

I bought this out of nostalgia for the Mary Quant lip stain I used in my youth (ah, the seventies!) and tried to find the most subdued color they had. As my son would say "epic fail."

That said, I put it on again this morning before reviewing it, still couldn't stand it and covered it over with L'Oreal Colour Riche in Organza. Perfect! Still plenty of color but I don't look like I've been eating Popsicles. This works. Now about the fruity scent...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2009 6:26:00 PM More reviews by departureofskies

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like this a lot. I used to use Benefit Benetint as a lipstain all the time but the application was awkward. Lipstain in a marker form is genius! It's sooo much easier to apply (and cheaper!) than other lipstains I've tried. The color is true to the packaging and it looks great. It lasts for a few hours before I have to reapply. I just wished it lasted all day. And also, Cover Girl needs to come up with shade names that are not cringe-inducing.

NOTE: Use a moisturizing lip balm after this to make your lips shiny and moisturized. I use Rosebud Salve.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2009 10:59:00 AM More reviews by NicoleAM

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm not a lipstick, lip gloss, lip color kind of girl. Any lip product with sheen, shine, and glitters or highly pigmented colors has always been a no-no for me. Generally, I only wear lip balm, and I always ensure that it looks completely unnoticeable. Honestly, I'm a little obnoxious about it sometimes, but my lips are already pretty pigmented, and I find that lip products make them look downright awkward. So when I spotted a coupon in my Sunday paper for $2 off of a Cover Girl lip product, I planned on giving it to a friend or just throwing it out. These lipstains, though, sort of sparked my interest. They promised a boost of long-lasting color that was light and comfortable, and they're the only stain available at my local drugstores. At only $5 with my handy little coupon, I couldn't resist.
Teasing Blush seemed to be the most workable, tame color of the bunch. When I got home I gazed at the little marker in my hand (it really looks like one of those jumbo markers from preschool). The cap is designed to ensure that the product won't dry out, and while the color on the packaging isn't exactly true to the actual color, it is close enough for me. There is a pointed tip for precise application and longer sides for filling in. Overall, the product is very easy to apply.
While many will opt for full coverage, I prefer to 'draw' a bit of stain in the center of my lips and pat it out to achieve a perfectly natural, bitten sort of look. The color is a subtle rosy raspberry blush color, true to the name.
The product smells very sweet and slightly fruity, but has a bitter taste. Topped off with a light lip balm, that taste disappears. A lip balm also seems to lock-in the color, which lasts for at least 4 hours without budging or rubbing off.
I'm not sure I'll purchase any other colors in the line, but I do really like this specific product, and will definitely repurchase this color! This is great if you're looking for a subtle, natural splash of color on your lips.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2009 3:13:00 AM More reviews by goldensyrup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really like these and was surprised at how non-drying they are, a word of caution though, if you have dry lips, I strongly recommend that you top these off with lip balm or it will accentuate any dry, flaky bits on your lips.
Teasing blush is my favourite so far, it's definitely a mlbb shade on me, only a lot deeper and I would classify it as a warm rosy blush shade.
These can be worn alone or topped off with balm or lip gloss, the actual applicator pen is fat with a pointy end for precision application, I was able to line my lips with the pointy bit and then fill them in with the wide flat side.
I found the scent to be very sweet and appealing and I hope the rest of the colours in the range are as nice.
My one and only gripe is that I wish the staying power were a little better, I have used Stila lipstains before and found them to be slightly longer lasting though they did tend to dry my lips out more than these did.
Great job Covergirl!! continued >>

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2009 10:17:00 PM More reviews by reenerneener

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

These were icky & gunky. Do not use if you have dry lips....not even in the slightest form because these will amplify that times a zillion. Used alone, I don't like these...sour taste, awkward smell & out of all the colours, none of them looked good on me. However, I tried one of them as a base for a lipstick & it worked well, as long as I blotted before my lipstick application. Not worth the hype, IMO.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/19/2009 9:59:00 PM More reviews by dabadckgrl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Colors are nothing like the tube! If you are over 40 do not step near these lip stains! Colors are very unnatural. The one thing they have going for them is they do feel like you don't have anything on your lips. Got them buy one get one free. I hope the store will take them both back!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2009 2:40:00 PM More reviews by MonicaRockvilleMD

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I found my perfect SHEER RED

I knew "going in" that the color on the tube would look nothing like it would on my skin. But I have been looking for a sheer red in drugstore colors for a while now with little success. I tried the "Wild Berry Wink" and although I thought the color was simply stunning, it was too pigmented and not for daytime. This is a very light neutral red that is perfect for summer daywear.

I gave the packaging quality only a three because I thought the tip was a bit rough for my lips. So far the only issue I have is that it seems to stick to the bottom lip more than my top lip.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2009 1:31:00 PM More reviews by katherinealiceb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I actually really liked this product... though it was by no means flawless. It's fairly cheap as lip stains go, so I thought I'd give it a try. (under $10CAD). The colour is beautiful... not too bright, but just enough. Under gloss it looks great! It lasts a few hours- though not as long as other stains I've tried. Although, even if it doesn't completely last through a meal or a night out... it tends to fade nicely- you're not left with a ring around your mouth. I'm really not a fan of artificial scents and flavoring, so I found those unnecessary.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/26/2009 9:10:00 PM More reviews by castell

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Well, I knew this wouldn't be my lip stain HG. But not a BAD product.
I wanted the nuder shades, but they were all out, so I got #415, Teasing Blush and I have to say the color was just right and as it wore off (it lasted about 3 hrs?), it did not leave the tell-tale inner lip ring. I think that's because it closely matched my lips and the inside of mouth.
Pull down your lower lip: I read somewhere that for a natural lip look, match it to the skin there.
And this stuff was NOT drying.