April 21, 2014 | 877 users online

Liquid - MAC - Studio Sculpt SPF 15 Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2013 7:27:00 PM More reviews by LilyAlice93

This is the foundation that I use every single day. I use it because I have active acne and scarring and this foundation really does well covering them up. I used to wear Studio fix fluid for about two years and in that time period, I tried out Studio sculpt. I found that it made me look fake and washed out (this was when I didn't suffer from acne) I continued wearing studio fix fluid untill a few months ago I decided to give this foundation another go. I love the foundation but I do find that after a few hours is starts to seperate and really clings to my dry patches (I have very dry skin) I apply this foundation with either my fingers or my 191 MAC foundation brush which helps to not have a cakey and layered feeling on my skin. I highly recommend this to people with acne related skin problems as I feel a lot more confident wearing this. I have just orderd Estee Lauder maximum coverage foundation online, so hopefully it matches up to this one....

rated 4 of 5 on 10/5/2013 6:02:00 PM More reviews by SMaj

Love this!! I wear this in NW35 and I love the file it gives my skin. However I do find it slips and by the end of the day my face has slipped onto my neck!! To avoid this I use a No7 primer, then a really light base of Estée Lauder double wear in 3N1 then use Mac on top!(sounds like a lot but I literally use a pea-size amount of Estée as a light base) the Mac studio sculpt gives me a lovely light glowy finish making my skin look healthy and fresh, the Estée beneath it stops any slipping! I use the real techniques stippling brush to apply and this gives it a lovely, even finish 😊

rated 2 of 5 on 10/5/2013 8:44:00 AM More reviews by MakeupMyDay2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I went to a MAC counter for a new foundation. I told her I have oily skin, but don't like matte finishes. She recommended me this, the first foundation of MAC I've tried and I don't really like it.

What I dislike most about it, is that it doesn't blend into the skin. It gives me a mask sort of feeling. It's a heavy foundation and has a little bit of a mousse-like consistency. To apply, I switch between real techniques buffer brush and real techniques stippling brush, and I like the buffer brush slightly better for application. The staying power is not great, cause it lies on the skin more than blend in, but with a good primer and finishing spray it's okay.

After I powdered my face, my blush still applies somewhat streaky. I don't know what it is, but my full face makeup cant seem to turn out flawlessly.

It comes in a tube, what I do like about the packaging. You can squeeze the tube until you have the desired amount, which is harder with foundations in a pump packaging.
After you think you finished it, you can cut the tube in half, cause there's still a generous amount of foundation left in the tube.

I will never buy this foundation again, it's not for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/4/2013 5:39:00 AM More reviews by EmmaPorter13

This was my first mac foundation and was desperate to find something that would cover my hyper pigmentation , acne scarring and redness. I also have quite dry skin so the woman recommended this foundation as it is meant to give a full coverage plus moisturise. I went home and tried it and it just wasn't working for me at all. I tried the real techniques stippling brush, foundation brush, sponge it didn't work. That's when I purchased the real techniques expert face brush. The foundation was then able to cover up all my scarring and redness leaving a lovely dewy finish to my dry skin. I love this foundation now and definitely am glad I bought it!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2013 9:33:00 PM More reviews by MiniAndBoss

I absolutely LOVE this foundation! At first, I was super weary of purchasing the foundation due to all the horror stories I had heard about MAC foundations. However, after trying a sample and not experiencing any breakouts, I decided to buy it. The foundation is 40 mLs or 1.3 oz. and comes in a squeeze tube. It is $31 as of September 2013.

I have normal/combo skin, with an oily nose and dry cheeks and chin. This foundation makes my skin look like.. well, better skin! It has a very natural, satin finish and it provides a medium coverage that can be built up. I apply the foundation using a flat top buffer brush, and a little goes a long way. I do not have acne aside from the monthly 1 or 2 pimples but I do have redness and uneven skintone on my cheeks and chin. I usually find that one coat does the trick for me, and I am incredibly happy with how my face looks with this foundation on.

This foundation does have a weird smell, but the smell does not last once applied. The formula is thicker, almost a cream, but I find that it doesn't accentuate my dry patches like some liquid or powder foundations can do. This foundation does not oxidize on me, and I find the color NC20 is very well matched for my light-medium yellow undertoned skin. I always set my foundation with powder, but I actually prefer how my skin looks without the powder when I wear this foundation. It just gives me that nice healthy-skinned glow without appearing greasy. The wear time is great, I can get about 8 hours out of it before it starts looking kind of patchy around my mouth.

I've been wearing this foundation for 2 weeks now, and it works great for the colder weather. I do not think that this foundation would work for the months, however. It has a very moisturizing formula that I see could melt off my face when it gets hot.

Overall, I am VERY pleased with this foundation, and I can see this being a staple in the colder months.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2013 10:15:00 PM More reviews by melaniehunt

I absolutely LOVE Studio Sculpt foundation. I have combination skin that tends to get dry in Winter, but this foundation never flakes or cakes. It's coverage is buildable, and a little goes a long way. I've use Estée Lauder in the past, but this is definitely my HG in foundation!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2013 3:17:00 AM More reviews by Kirplunk0

Lol we have a hate and love relationship lol sometimes its a you know what and sometimes it makes me look glowy :) i think you def have to wash face and stuff to use it just saying lol

rated 1 of 5 on 9/22/2013 8:48:00 AM More reviews by xTillyx

First of all let me tell you that even though I don't have perfect skin, I have pretty good normal-combination skin, it very rarely gets dry & also isn't oily but I do get the occasional few spots, nothing major just a few now and again - usually around "that time of the month"! I was on the hunt for a new foundation, something to give me that flawless & airbrushed look. A few of my friends wear MAC foundations & their skin always looks good so I thought I'd give it a try! So off I went to a MAC counter & after the consultant tried some on my face, I was happy with the colour match & the way it looked, she convinced me studio sculpt would be perfect for me with it's dewy, flawless, medium-full coverage so it was sold!

Unfortunately this foundation sounds a lot better than I found it to actually be, after just two weeks of wearing it I noticed I was getting more and more spots, I thought I must of not been cleansing thoroughly enough so I stepped up my cleansing & made sure every trace of make-up was removed before bed as well as exfoliating every few days. But every day I was noticing my skin was getting worse. So I stopped wearing it & switched to BareMinerals & my skin was soon clear again :-)

I then made a huge mistake - A month later it was my brothers wedding & I wanted flawless make-up for the day! So I spotted the
tube of studio sculpt in my make-up bag & thought even though it gave me spots last time I used it, I did like the way it looked with it's dewy full coverage finish & I also knew it photographed well so thought it would work well for a one off just for this special occasion! How wrong was I - throughout the day & night of the wedding I noticed my face felt itchy & I could feel painful spots coming on, when I got home at the end of this very long day I ran straight to the bathroom & washed my make-up off, as I looked in the mirror I was horrified with how bad my skin looked - the worst I have ever seen it!! I had painful acne like spots coming up all over my chin, around my mouth & on my forehead and also a dry red rash around my chin & mouth!! I was so mad at myself for giving this foundation another chance - I had no idea it would make my skin this bad!! Once again I switched back to BareMinerals, it took two weeks for my skin to heal & to get rid of all those nasty spots & rashes!!

I'm not saying that this foundation will do this to you, it may be perfect for some skin types - just not for mine! I would say be careful of this foundation if your skin is prone to breakouts or even if you just suffer from the occasional spots like me, it is a heavy sticky conciestancy which blocks the pores!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 9/19/2013 10:27:00 PM More reviews by Law08

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I do like this it's very heavy but blends nicely because of the humidity where I live it's just too heavy but in a dryer climate I would enjoy it more :) looks great on!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2013 8:47:00 AM More reviews by EmmaElizR

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like this foundation I have this in NW20 and for the winter it definitely too orange for me but for the summer its perfect. It's really full coverage and you only need a small amount of it. It perfect if you have acne as it completely covers them and you don't need concealer so it doesn't look cakey. This lasts all day and even when it's hot and you get sweaty it still stays put. But it is of kind of pricey but to be honest I would get it again