July 31, 2014 | 1429 users online

Liquid - Maybelline - Dream Liquid Mousse

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2013 11:13:00 PM More reviews by thooper5

Great coverage. Lasts ALL DAY. Not oily. Amazing. I will be purchasing forever. As far as color. Go a little lighter than you think you might be. If you're more golden-yellow I recommend the beige ones because there's no pink undertone.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2013 12:05:00 AM More reviews by tamedDOLL

This foundation is quite disappointing mainly because of the staying power (and Maybelline is my favorite DS brand). Zero! I love the initial results as it looks very smooth on my skin and leaves a natural satin finish with light-medium coverage. Unfortunately this foundation only lasts about 3 hours on me, with the use of primer and setting powder before it looks bad. During the first 2 hours however, it does photograph well, so it might work if your only going to use it for a very short period of time I guess. The fading of this product is very unpleasant. I find it very blotchy, and it makes my face look a bit ashy. I also find this foundation to transfer on to clothing and anything else very easily. I was happy with the shade selection though, and the packaging is hygienic as well. Definitely regret purchasing.
Edit: Personally, the foundation did not really oxidize on me.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 11/6/2013 8:43:00 PM More reviews by reinabeina

Staying power: NON-EXISTENT. This is the only foundation I've ever used where my face resembles an oily fry pan within an hour of application. Awful. If you have oily skin, NOT for you. If you have dry skin, maybe this will help because this is most definitely not drying. And bring oily, the makeup pretty much disappeard down my neck and onto my collared shirts. Gross gross gross. Even if the coverage is good in the beginning, it really doesn't last.

Oxidation: It oxides A LOT. I got the colour recommended by the sales person in the drugstore who helped match my colour but neither of us were aware of how much this oxides. If you want to get this, get this maybe a shade or 2 lighter than what matches upon immediate application.

Application: I think this is the only good thing about this product. Application is smooth and blends well onto the skin.

Packaging: I like that it has a twist pump that you can lock. Think this makes it a bit air tight. However, I despise the bottle being glass. It makes it heavy and easily breakable, especially since the bottle has a smooth surface and is not shaped to be held ergonomically in the hand.

If you have dry, scarred skin and you don't like using much product, this may just be for you.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/3/2013 5:22:00 PM More reviews by koridixon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've bought this foundation 2 or 3 times in the past few years.
I recently found it on sale super cheap and figured I'd give it another try... Now I remember why I stopped buying it.

Let's start with the good:
The coverage and consistency is nice. It's not too heavy or too thin, covers nicely, and truly gives a flawless airbrushed finish (for about 15 minutes). Great for covering large pores. The clear glass bottle and pump are always a plus, and the product seems to last a while. I really like the way my face looks the first 20 minutes after I apply, but it oxidizes way too quickly and ends up looking like a greasy mess.

And the bad:
My face gets oily in less than an hour...and I mean REALLY oily. I know I have oily skin, but seriously, I don't know where all of it comes from when I use this foundation! I've tried everything to make it work - countless different primers, powders, setting sprays and blotting papers. No matter what, my face ends up looking like I slathered on baby oil.
It smudges and transfers easier than any foundation I've ever used. It settles into fine lines after a few hours and wasn't pretty on the occasional dry spot/imperfection. The color selection isn't the best. I have golden olive skin and the colors are always too yellow or too pink.

Overall: I hate to say that this is a terrible foundation, especially when I keep buying it for some reason... Anyway, it's a very average drugstore foundation. I might say it's worth a try if you DON'T have OILY SKIN or find it super cheap.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2013 1:39:00 AM More reviews by LisaVe

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a good basic foundation: gentle on skin, provides coverage, and matches skin tone.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2013 1:15:00 AM More reviews by StephKatz1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to like this foundation.

It did make my skin look good and it covered my small pores very nicely. Unfortunately, the lightest shade was too dark for my fair skin. I'm giving this product a three because I do believe that it is a good foundation. I just wish Maybelline would make a foundation light enough for m skin. I will not repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/2/2013 6:24:00 PM More reviews by dobra97

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Deep Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

When I bought this product I wasn't very experienced with drugstore makeup just because I found it so hard to find my colour since I have dark skin. I was excited when I bought it because it said oil-free and I tend to get very oily especially in the summer. This product only made me oiler. Its too thick and the coverage isn't even that great. It also doesn't mach very well as it was too yellow and a bit light for my skin tone. I would not purchase this product again.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/22/2013 12:51:00 AM More reviews by BeautyBrunette16

Returned this a while after I got it. It was great for a while and looked great, but felt heavy. It lasted about 5-6 hours tops.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2013 9:10:00 AM More reviews by AmberMardina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I was having problems with my foundation just kind of sitting on top of my skin, not really blending, and foundations have always left me kind of pasty looking. But with my scars, I really can't skip it. I found this searching MA for a foundation for my yellow skin tone, and I am so happy with it. "Nude" matches perfectly, even though I tend to wear very pale colors and I was worried it would be too dark. The second I put it on I was so glad I tried it. The texture is nice and smooth, it comes in a pump which is always preferred, it covers my scarred chin, and works well with my combination skin. I apply this with a beauty blender and it goes on flawless. It has a natural finish, not matte, not overly dewy. I don't have any of the oxidation problems mentioned, and it may be because I use a setting spray. A lot of the colors in this product line seem to run yellow, peach and pink, so if you have difficulties finding warm-toned foundation, it's worth a try.

EDIT- I use my fingers to apply this now. The beauty blender was making it sit weirdly on my skin, but it melts into my skin when I use my fingers. A little less skin-friendly, but I haven't had any issues. I've been using this one bottle for months now and am only half way through.

EDIT DOS- I pump one pump of product onto the back of my hand and apply it from here with a foundation brush. I don't work the product in, I just pat it on the areas I need coverage and then I buff it all out with a large fluffy brush. It looks airbrushed. Just goes to show, you may have to experiment with application to get a product to really work for you. I'm also still on the same bottle, using one pump a day, and have had it for what has to be close to a year. Still 1/4 left.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2013 3:08:00 PM More reviews by Anita09

Honestly this is the BEST foundation I have ever used!.. high end and drugstore. This foundation is a medium coverage but can easily be buildable. The texture is really unique it is almost a gel texture, because of this it feesl really light on your skin. The lasting power is excellent I wore this to Disney a week ago, it stayed on for a good 10 hours and I only had to blot once! The finish is a satin finish... basically it looks just like your skin but more flawless. The first time I tried it I looked in the mirror and was shocked by how blurred my pores and fine lines looked. I have never loved a foundation this much! (FYI If you are yellow toned or a NC20-NC30 the shade nude would match you the best)