L'Oreal EverPure Moisture Shampoo

3.3

Aqua/Water/Eau, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfoacetate, Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Glycol Distearate, Glycereth 26, Decyl Glucoside, Parfum/Fragrance, PPG 5 Ceteth 20, Divinyldimethicone/Dimethicone Copolymer, Amodimethicone, Polyquaternium 7, Polyquaternium 10, Methylparaben, PEG 55 Propylene Glycol Oceate, Propylene Glycol, Carbomer, C11 15 Pareth 7, Benzophenone 3, Benzyl Salicylate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Glycerin, Trideceth 12, Laureth 9, Linalool, Tocopherol, Limonene, C12 13 Pareth 23, C12 13 Pareth 3, Benzyl Alcohol, Juniperus Communis Fruit Oil, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Rosmarinus Officinalis Oil (Rosemary), Methylisothiazolinone, Sodium Hydroxide, Citric Acid 7/18/09

on 10/1/2010 11:20:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I was happy to find a sulfate-free shampoo and conditioning line that is available drugstores (and thus MUCH cheaper than the ones I used to have to buy in the salon).

I have a Brazilian keratin treatment and to maintain it, I have to use sulfate-free shampoo and conditioner (sulfates strip the treatment out of your hair and it won't last then).

For those of you stating that it does not lather much, that's because that is how sulfate-free shampoo is...sulfates, surfactants, and salts are what makes shampoo lather.

I always thought that sulfate-free products were solely meant to compliment and/or support treatments like the keratin treatments, certain coloring jobs, etc. So they work great in conjunction with them (your hair is not frizzy and does not have flyaways then because of the treatment, your color stays brighter longer, etc).

I suspect some people who are not appreciating this product actually don't have a real need for it...That is to say that if I did NOT have a keratin treatment or a complicated dye job I would likely NOT use sulfate-free shampoo. It's a different product than a traditional shampoo and it provides a different cleaning experience - very "light" feeling and doesn't produce as super-squeaky clean feel that a traditional shampoo does.

on 9/24/2010 10:24:00 PM

I usually don't use drugstore shampoos, but there was so much hype about this one that I decided to see if sulfate-free is all it is cracked up to be. Unfortunately, it left my hair "fuzzy" looking and only slightly moisturized. I had to really load up on the shine spray and finishing creme to tame my layers that came out looking rather dry. Other hydrating shampoos I have used tame the frizzies more effectively, but this one didn't have any exceptional hydrating effects. It's not terrible and I'll probably still use it once in awhile, but for a shampoo that advertises itself as moisturizing, it is a disappointment.

on 8/19/2010 6:34:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

This is one of the very few shampoos that I have tried and I truly disliked. After shampooing my hair it felt very rough; I would understand that if it were a clarifying shampoo, but its a moisturing shampoo. I had to return it. I'll stick to Loreal's Vive line.

I just used the product & it was a bit hard to lather in but then I used a bit more & it lathered greatly. I actually used a less amount than of my regular
shampoo. The smell wasn't over bearing at all it smelt very nice. My hair is till wet but it feels soft & I have highlights and it made them significantly brighter & I love that. But, I bough it and left it in the bag with the whole collection(shampoo,conditioner,masque,and leave in conditioner)& the next day I opened the bag & the shampoo teared open I think maybe the edge of the conditioner might have ripped it but I dealt with it & taped it. But yeah I love the product but hate the packaging. Maybe bottles would be better packaging for it also when it's finishing it could be hard to squeeze out.

on 8/5/2010 3:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I fell for the idea of no sulfites, etc. This shampoo made my hair limp AND flyaway at the same time. Not too crazy about the smell. The companion conditioner smells even worse.

on 8/5/2010 12:08:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

this line is great however i did not use the matching conditioner. i used the voluminizing shampoo and the moisture conditioner to mix it up with loreal a bit. the results were great. especially since my hair feels light and clean. even better because i have color treated hair. both are great. its infused with juniper and rosemary very good!

on 8/4/2010 11:28:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

A resounding NO to purchasing this product again!! It made my scalp itchy and my hair breaks like crazy with each shampoo and conditioner, the only reason I'm trying to use it up is because I spent a lot of money on it.

on 8/4/2010 10:15:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I got this product and the matching conditioner as a sample in the mail. I wasn't expecting a whole lot, but I was suprised by how much I liked it. It made my fine hair very soft and didn't weigh it down at all. It also smelled amazeing. I'm planning on buying it eventually.

on 8/2/2010 8:51:00 PM

Let me start out by saying that I have always been a loyal high-end hair product user, so when it came to trying this shampoo and conditioner, I was reluctant and pretty skeptical. However, I was interested in trying something sulfate-free, and the only other one I had seen at that point was S Factor, which was slightly pricier than I could justify. So, I figured I would give this one a shot. Turns out, I absolutely love this shampoo and conditioner! In fact, it may be my favorite ever. The shampoo lathers well, and my hair feels moisturized after rinsing - some shampoos leave my hair a knotted mess after I've rinsed. The conditioner is light and rinses out easily, but still seems to work very effectively. Despite its lightness, I can comb through my hair very quickly and easily after my shower. I've used much heavier, creamier conditioners where I've had a much harder time getting the comb through my hair. It leaves my hair with just the right amount of moisture, making it very easy to style. I think it protects my color well, too. I've received compliments on my color when I'm actually due to have it colored! While I still occasionally indulge in salon products, this is definitely a mainstay in my collection.

on 7/18/2010 4:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Absolutely awful. In the shower it made my hair feel rough and didn't clean my scalp. Once my hair was dry, it looked and felt coarser. Hard to believe this has nearly the same ingredients as EverPure Smoothing Shampoo which my hair loves.