July 28, 2014 | 958 users online

Mascara - Lancome - Oscillation Vibrating Infinite Mascara

rated 1 of 5 on 9/23/2009 6:58:00 AM More reviews by carlabeee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This mascara sucks. I bought the waterproof version so I've never tried the non-waterproof version but the waterproof version definitely sucks.
I made the mistake of shelling out the $34 before coming on here and reading the reviews. Big mistake. Its clumpy, doesn't curl, etc. It just doesn't do what it promises to do except be waterproof. And the vibrating part? It's such a total joke. I curled my lashes before using it and the vibrations actually uncurled my lashes.

Chanel's inimitable waterproof mascara is $4 cheaper and 1000x better.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2009 4:17:00 PM More reviews by jennyb

I am such an idiot. I bought this before reading the MUA reviews. Never again! Beguiled by the possibility of reducing my crack-like dependence on false eyelashes, I dimwittedly imagined sticking a battery up a mascara's wazoo might be the answer to my prayers. No way. This is the most expensive and worst-performing mascara I have ever purchased. The formula is thick and gloopy, and the bristles so widely spaced they dump a ton of product on every lash. What the battery oscillation (optional) is supposed to do I have no idea. It just tickles. However much I wipe off the brush before starting, my eyelashes still end up looking like poor bedraggled birds caught in oil slicks. Plus it smudges. I simply don't understand why Lancome would want to compromise their reputation as the Rolls Royce of mascara makers with this rubbish. 27 down the drain.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/17/2009 4:38:00 PM More reviews by candyapplegrey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

For the price (27!! ), and in fact, in relation to anything but the most cheapest drugstore mascara, this product is truly, truly, awful.

The thrill of purchasing something new, luxurious, never-been-done-before led me to buy this. What a disappointment. The product clumped straight away, and the vibrating brush did absolutely nothing to enhance the application. In fact, it only seemed to enhance the clumps. You normally get this when a mascara gets a bit old, but this was consistent, even when I removed any excess from the brush. I didn't switch the vibrations on again (well, except when I leaned on my makeup bag accidentally - what the h*** was that?! A bee?!), and I had to wipe most of the product off the brush just to get a passable application. Yes, you get a little more volume than the average mascara, but certainly not enough to justify the price tag. Next to any L'oreal or Maybelline mascara, this is a disaster.

Very generally speaking, most premium beauty mascaras retail at around 20 in the UK. So you are literally paying about 7 for a little battery! I really feel like I've been conned by Lancome with this mascara, and I'm going to write to them and tell them so!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2009 6:59:00 PM More reviews by cloroxcowgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Yeah, so this mascara is pretty crappy. I'm glad I didn't purchase it (I borrowed it from a friend one day - normally a no-no but it was a big event day I had forgotten my own). I didn't try the vibrating aspect, because it seems like a bad idea to me to have something vibrating that close to your eye. The formula is thick and gloopy, gives you spider lashes galore (I guess that's what the vibration is supposed to help with) and it flaked consistenly the whole time I wore it. The only thing that wasn't so bad is that from far away, you couldn't tell all of this, but up close in the mirror this mascara was a big FAIL. I'll stick with L'Oreal Double Extend.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/14/2009 5:07:00 PM More reviews by noinin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I could have just purchased Definicils and had almost the same results at $10 less. The battery did nothing. I tried with and without and achieved the same results. I like a good mascara and am willing to pay for it, but this is not one of those. Mine had an odd faux-rose scent, too, which my other Lancome mascaras never had! The mascara in and of itself was decent, but not as much oomph as I like, but the extra $10 for the battery power was not worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/10/2009 1:44:00 AM More reviews by sweetbabylace

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I know that there are some definite die-hard fans of this mascara... a friend of mine is one of them. I'm definitely not. Imo, this straight sucks. It is clumpy n thick, lengthens only an average amount, n is just wierd. Me no likey.

UPDATE: I learned to like this by NOT using a primer underneath. I like it now!!!!!! I would not spend $34 for it. It's a good, dramatic mascara, though.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2009 7:55:00 PM More reviews by doree_001

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Pretty good mascara: it gives volume and length, it has a nice sleek brush and it is much easier to handle it than I thought. It is so easy to pick all lashes, even the tinniest one, with it.

It makes almost perfect thick lashes, but it weigh them down a bit after a while. Nice black color, too.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2009 11:20:00 PM More reviews by tcustenborder88

I won't be repurchasing this solely due to price. However, it does make your lashes look beautifully long. Volume is okay. I prefer Diorshow for ten dollars less.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/10/2009 12:28:00 PM More reviews by lovelyhazel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Meh. That's my feeling exactly about this mascara. For $34 dollars, I felt that it should at least volumize as well as Cover Girl Lash Blast or my HG mascara, Clinique Lash Doubling, but it didn't wow me at all. It didn't lengthen as well as Lancome Definicils either, which I also love. It also clumped on me, and smeared a bit, two things that are definitely not acceptable when you pay so much for a mascara!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2009 12:47:00 PM More reviews by cindo3

Wow. I just purchased this mascara, along with Lancome's Cils Booster Mascara primer.
Tried the mascara alone, nice, decent, but not fabuloso.
Tried it with the Lancome Cils Booster, OMG, It looks like you are wearing false eyelashes !! Long, long, long, thick, and silky !!! Every lash shows ! Love it !!!
**October 18,2009 UPDATED REVIEW***
Don't think I will be buying this anymore. The first tube I bought in July quit "oscillating"after about 3 weeks. I purchased another, and that one stopped oscillating after about 4 weeks. Still plenty of mascara in both, but the type of brush with this mascara is worthless without the oscillating working properly. I used up what was left in the tube using an old non-oscillating brush from another Lancome mascara, but that's a hassle. Too expensive to have the battery die after 3-4 weeks !