August 2, 2014 | 1609 users online

Powder - Lancome - Dual Finish Versatile Powder Makeup

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2012 11:33:00 AM More reviews by veraszcz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have been using this for a few months and it is a really good powder and I get compliments on my skin all the time! It never gives me breaks outs and it smells good:) It has light coverage so if you're looking for the effect of liquid foundation I wouldn't recommend it, although I find that when I put more of it on my face the coverage is better.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2012 10:00:00 PM More reviews by 2knaer1a

This is a good powder foundation that covers up really nicely without anything else on my face, it hids the blood vessels on my eyelids as well as the redness around my nose, it doesn't do an amazing job at covering the redness on my cheeks but it's just a face powder so that doesn't bother me. The scent is very strong so that is one thing I don't like about it, whenever I where this I skip perfume because the scent from this product is already so strong, I know there is an unscented version but sadly it is not sold in Canada, If I were to go to the states one day I will be picking it up, but for now I probably won't be repurchasing this because it is also very pricy at $50 CAD, and also one more thing I don't about this product is the packaging, it comes with a sponge and a puff, the puff fits perfectly into the compact, but i prefer sponges over puffs, the sponge kind of fits but sometimes the compact won't close because of the sponge which is a huge concern for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2012 2:28:00 PM More reviews by hyim521

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this. I have it in Matte Pearl I. I use this instead of foundation because I have pretty good skin to begin with. I wouldn't say it gives great coverage. This just gives a nice finish that isn't powdery. After applying concealer and mist spray, I pat this on over my face and it gives a sheer finished look that still manages to be "dewy."

Sometimes when I've pulled an all-nighter and my skin is blotchy, this product covers up the redness well. So skin-like. I don't like the ingredients, but since I don't use too much of it and it doesn't break me out, this is a keeper.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2012 2:37:00 PM More reviews by esornart

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am currently using Lancome Teint Idole Ultra Foundation and I set this with the Dual Finish. It works great.

The packaging is a bit bulky to carry around..but other than that it is a great foundation!

I really like this!! Give it a try!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2012 10:15:00 AM More reviews by fendi123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great product I have this in Matte Amande and I dust this on alone or with a little concealer on pimples and I literally look pore less and Air brushed looks great in Photographs and looks like natural skin the way it should look like it doesn't give a made up look as if you put anything at all!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2012 12:33:00 AM More reviews by Angelamakeup

I used to use this foundation in college. I think it gives a pretty good finish if you blend it in properly. It also looks good in photographs. I started using MAC a few years ago and I actually am liking that and it is cheaper as well. I marked this as a repurchase based on the fact that I think it's a decent product and I had repurchased in the past but I think I probably wouldn't go back to it from MAC.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2012 6:26:00 AM More reviews by karebear87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this makeup with a Macy's giftcard, otherwise I'm sure I would have had to have had some extra cash or put it on my card. It's pretty spendy, but it's also amazing. I have it in the lightest shade, Porcelaine, which is actually nearly a perfect fit for me. It's actually a tad light, but I figure it's better to have your makeup a tad too light than too dark. All you need to make it look darker is a bit of bronzer or a darker finishing powder. I tried it dry at first, but I didn't think the coverage was good enough, so I dampened the sponge. I do love the buildable coverage. The girl at the counter advised against the sponge because they are bacteria factories, so I am going to try my hardest to wash it in boiling water and vinegar once a week or so. I won't be wearing it every day because I want to make it last a long time for what I spent for it. I'm saving it for wear on my days off of work :)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/19/2011 11:03:00 PM More reviews by happyasthesun

This is a great matte, heavy-coverage foundation. I have only tried it dry. I don't think I will ever try it wet (just because I don't need another liquid/wet foundation) but if I do I will update this review.

When used dry, the foundation gives a very matte finish with considerable coverage. It doesn't look natural, and it gives you that look of having makeup on your face, just shy of looking cakey. I, however, actually kind of dig that kind of coverage/look sometimes and so when I want it (usually during the winter) I reach for this.

I have quite oily skin and this makeup keeps me oil-free for up to 5 hours, without primer, which is incredibly, incredibly impressive and one of the reasons I will probably repurchase this once I run out of this (and other powders).

I use this to set my BB cream and give me a little more coverage. I actually use the puff/sponge that it comes with and it works fine with that, as well as with a brush.

There is a fragrance, but I don't mind it. It reminds me of my mother. :)

CONSIDER IF:
- You like full-coverage, matte finish
- You have oily skin

SKIP IF:
- Allergies to fragrance/sensitive skin
- Dry skin (tends to get patchy in my experience)
- You want a natural finish

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2011 9:47:00 PM More reviews by Savvy890

i actually really like this product. it makes my face seemingly smooth. i went to belk and got two different powders, this one and one from clinique and this one made my face alot smoother, almost having a velvet texture. i absolutely LOVE the little powder applicator pad it comes with. i'm torn between this product and my M.A.C. skinfinish powder. they are both my HG's :) i got this in matte sand III i do believe

rated 1 of 5 on 12/2/2011 5:47:00 PM More reviews by mesloan

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

For me, this was a waste of money. Dry=not enough coverage and settles in very fine lines. Wet=enough coverage but quickly dries into very fine lines--lines that I did not even know I had. Wet, dry...just terrible.