October 25, 2014 | 1797 users online

Fragrances - Christian Dior - Diorissimo

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2008 8:27:00 PM More reviews by CecileCecile

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

(EDT) Lily of The Valley has always been one of my favorites too, so it's no surprise that I like this, it really is true to life. There was a carpet of LOTV growing at the edge of the front yard of the first little house I rented, a fledgling away from home for the first time, and the scent will always remind me of the springtimes that I spent there, tending my first garden. I have nothing to add, really - except that I would most highly recommend Diorissimo to someone who is looking to add a daytime classic to their wardrobes for spring.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2008 1:14:00 PM More reviews by erika511

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I really love Diorissimo!! Lily of the Valley is one of my favorite flowers, and I have always been on the lookout for fragrances that contain lotv. Most that I have found really smell artificial and plastic-y, but not this one! It is so fresh and dewy, like you are sitting in a garden in early May with the dew rising off the lotv. A masterpiece, and a must-have fragrance for spring!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2008 9:35:00 PM More reviews by bookgirl330

I love, love, love this scent!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2007 12:34:00 PM More reviews by feifei1987

Diorissimo is the most gorgeous scent I've smelled since I've been trying on perfumes! It definitely captures a true lily of the valley scent, and on me I can smell a hint of jasmine; the scent reminds me of early spring and youth. The scent is a perfect light floral that doesn't smell overwhelming. It's definitely timeless, feminine, and a very versatile smell. I'm currently using a mini bottle, but just ordered a 3.4 oz EDT. The EDT doesn't last all day, but it lasts a good 4-5 hours on me.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2007 3:00:00 PM More reviews by samaraiv

the first time i smelled this perfume i was just a kid and since then i was like crazy about it and so you might guess this perfume is a staple in my collection of perfumes.frankly i love this fragrance so much and i never smelled till now a great perfume like it (except maybe for cerruti image)which is a phenomenal perfume too.let's all pray that this perfume won't be discontinued from the market or we will be lost.thank you dior for your great signature perfumes

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2007 6:15:00 AM More reviews by sangkae

This is my signature scent for years and the first bottle Iíve ever reached the bottom. Although Iíve never sniffed the lily of the valley blossoms, I can imagine the tiny white bells blooming in the green forest. It truly smells like springtime, sweet, fresh, delicate and joyous. It chases the blues away. I also detect jasmine. If I donít know this is classified as the lily of the valley soliflore, I may think this is the perfect jasmine scent, like pure white blossoms falling from the sky. Comparing to A La Nuit with its dark, animalic character, this is luminous and delightful like a little girl laughing. Many people describe this as old ladyish, but I think this is for the young-at-heart. This is the breath of fresh air, making me feel carefree and comforting every time I wear it. I could not believe this was made in 1950s, as it smells very young and modern unlike other classic fragrances with the aldehyde-powdery note which is so cloying. Diorissimo doesnít smell like granny at all. I really admire Edmond Roudnitska who is the nose of this master piece, and hope that Dior will continue making this in the future, as perfumes tend to be very short-lived today, except the true classic. Next time I will splurge for the pure parfum, just hope that the rose note is not too pronounced, as I canít bear any strong rosy smell. Anyway, if you are white floral girls, you should give this a try.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2007 9:35:00 AM More reviews by Meg2005

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I owe my re-introduction to this world-renowned classic entirely to the Fragrance Board. After years of trying to wear it, I had given it up for lost. Much as I loved the idea of Diorissimo, the reality of it made me feel like an unhappy soprano attempting to hit high C and ending up ruining her vocal chords; such were the metallic, piercing, screeching notes Diorissimo emitted on my skin. However, a few weeks ago a lovely MUAer posted on the board that she had had the same problem with Diorissimo as I had, but could wear it now since the new reformulated presentation was softer, more subtly interpreted than previous incarnations.
I finally decided it was time to revisit and bought it unsniffed. Good news. Shocking though it may seem, reformulation is not always a wholly bad idea. Labour of love here, evidently done with much care and infinite reverence to the original. I detect muguet, fleur de lys, jasmine, sandalwood, all enveloped in a fresh delicate white/green haze that imparts a lively, untamed feeling to an otherwise very civilized bouquet. A timelss beauty, and yet another everlasting testament to the genius of Edmond Roudnitska.

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2007 8:46:00 PM More reviews by Kin22

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've been wearing this for years, and I never tire of it. I did buy a mini of Jessica McClintock's "Jess" to see if it smelled similar and/or lasted longer, but no such luck. Diorissimo IS "the" lily of the valley fragrance. It's perfect for spring or summer, but needs to be applied frequently. Too bad the perfume isn't available, at least nowhere I have found. I love this fragrance, and will always re-purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2007 4:49:00 AM More reviews by susemb

This has for a long time been my HG of perfumes. (I've recently replaced it for everyday use as I figured that a major '0 birthday need some recognition!!!).

As a parfum variety it entered my life as a 16yr old (dad bought some on a trip to Hong Kong and my parents promised it to me as my 16th present!) and I've been hooked ever since. The lily of the valley is just so gorgeous that I can forgive the jasmine influence completely.

While staying power is a bit lacking (why oh why can I no longer get the PARFUM only the EDT?!?!?!?) layering of body wash, lotion and EDT almost make it go the day.

A long term favourite, one I still keep and use!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2007 4:22:00 PM More reviews by LavenderSword

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Read a story once about a woman who got away with murder while wearing Diorissimo. Of course she did, who would suspect a murderess would wear Diorissimo? Very feminine, floral, suitable for all occasions, no matter how nice or naughty.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No