April 21, 2014 | 908 users online

Lip Treatments - The Body Shop - Born Lippy Lip Balm

rated 4 of 5 on 6/16/2010 4:13:00 AM More reviews by alixnaiq

I used up 2 pots of the raspberry one, partly because I liked the smell & taste. I haven't tried a whole lot of lip balms, so FWIW, this is sufficiently moisturising and stays on the lips for quite some time, which I liked when I had to survive New York winters. Once I started using my MAC Tinted Lip Conditioner in Plum Perfect, I stopped using this in the daytime so I can't tell how (in)convenient it is, but it made a good lip treatment for night. I didn't quite like the tint though - a bit too fuchsia for my fairly sallow East Asian complexion. One caution - by the time I hit pan on my second pot, I noticed that it started stinging my lips a little bit (something which hasn't happened before), so I tossed it out. Not sure if it's because the pot is around 3 years old - it smells fine (not rancid), but perhaps my lips started to react to some active ingredient in it? I plan to try other lip balms, but would repurchase if I couldn't find one that I liked better.

Updated 2014: I've discovered Vaseline Lip Therapy for really effective moisturisation and, for colour, tinted lip balms from Burt's Bees (see my other reviews). The Vaseline is much cheaper than this lip balm, the Burt's Bees shades I use are more flattering, and all of these have more hygienic packaging. So I've changed my mind - I definitely won't be repurchasing this.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2010 5:48:00 AM More reviews by ohpoodlesticks

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this product. I got the raspberry and watermelon one. It was on sale so i got 2 for $10.90 which is a bargain because for one its $8.90 so i saved alot of bucks :D haha
They smell REALLY good and glides on your lips really nice. it also gives a nice gloss and tint of colour if you got the one with colour like for example the raspberry. I also love the cute little pots they come it.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/22/2010 5:14:00 AM More reviews by MyUsername156

I bought the passionberry lip balm, which smells great and gave my lips a tinge of a nice pinky/purple colour. The product feels really smooth on, and its quite soothing too. This was all well and good until about 24 hours after I first put it on, when my lips slowly but surely puffed up until I looked like a demented fish. I suspect it was the ingredient lanolin which did this. This was unfortunate because it isnt exactly cheap for a little pot and it was a great lip balm in every other respect. But to those with a suspected allergy to lanolin, beware!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2010 8:17:00 AM More reviews by MaxFun

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

great smell and i love that it looks like gloss on the lips...the consistency is very smooth...
it does a decent job in lipcare...not great, but better than most lipbalms...it also adds a bit of extra colour
the only thing i dislike about it is that one has to apply it with the finger and when on the go it stays there and is quite sticky

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2010 11:38:00 AM More reviews by Beckaboom

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

the packaging for this is super cute, but I dislike how its in a pot, I have the watermelon one which is link and smells so good, but doesn't add much colour or shine to your lips, I don't feel that it moisturies that well as I felt it left them dryer. for these reasons I won't rebuy.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2010 10:12:00 AM More reviews by VanityInsanity

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm in love with these lip balms! I have to say I don't like how they come in jars (complete germ freak) but I can get over that. They smell AH-mazing! And really condition lips too!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/13/2010 10:10:00 AM More reviews by izzit

These are pretty average lip balms if I'm totally honest. The only reason I bought some was because of the 2 for 5 deals and because they smelt so delicious! I have had strawberry, watermelon, and passionberry. By far the best is passionberry, since the other two smelt really artificial and slightly sickening after a while. They don't give much colour, but do provide shine a bit like a lip gloss. By themselves, they aren't very moisturising for the lips, so chapped lips stay away! I really wouldn't recommend them, they just look really cute, but they take forever to finish, when all I want to do is finish it and chuck it away..

rated 2 of 5 on 2/8/2010 6:04:00 PM More reviews by cookielips

it's overall good, dislike a little but okay
what's good:
- it smells nice but weak
- little of shimmer, not to much which i like

what's bad:
- it's like lipgloss, sticky, heavy gloss on your lips
- not the best lips treatment ever
- in winter, it freeze and i have to touch it with my hand so it would have this glossy feeling again
- when you apply it with your finger, it has this sticky feeling and i have to go each time to the bathroom to apply the lip balm because i wouldn't want the sticky feeling on my finger to stay and i have to wash all the time.

overall:
i already bought 2 because it was on sale and i never tried it before. but i wouldn't buy it again because it's not convenient to apply it any place because the lipbalm will stay on your finger and you have wipe it off with something.
buy it if you want something that smells good, it does but doesn't taste like it

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2009 5:58:00 AM More reviews by kumintang

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I don't think I'll repurchase this product once it's finish, doesn't help with moisturizing lips, no spf, just added a bit shine, but it does smell really good, though, so I give one lippie for this. And like other lipbalms, this product lasts a long time, so add another lippie for that, and another for the cute packaging.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/12/2009 11:07:00 PM More reviews by choihung

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this from an auction seller and costs cheaper than buying in a shop. But still, I don't think this worths the money. Mine is strawberry flavour. It has a nice smell but doesn't really moisturize my lips and they are still dry. I think there's a better choice for such price.