September 30, 2014 | 1928 users online

Lip Treatments - The Body Shop - Born Lippy Lip Balm

rated 3 of 5 on 7/3/2010 7:49:00 AM More reviews by Freckleduck

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like this product, I bought the strawberry flavored one. It makes my lips look like i just ate a popsicle and has that kind of pink color to my lips. It does not really work as a balm like it claims, but it is more a gloss in a tub. This applies as a gloss and adds a glossiness to my lips not a lot of moisture. This product is okay, but not terrific, i do not love the packaging because your fingers get sticky and dirty and a pinkish tint.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/2/2010 1:23:00 PM More reviews by Clythie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Other

I have this in the purple one - passionberry.

I bought this on a whim whem i was on holiday. I liked the name and the purple colour. It is very creamy and glossy with quite a good colour payoff but for some reason i don't like the texture or the smell of it.

I would not repurchase this again as the smell makes me feel nauseous and it leaves my hands/fingers very sticky and dirty after applying it on my lips

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2010 4:36:00 AM More reviews by JessLol

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

Doesn't really moisturise the lips but does keep them smooth and smelling AWESOME!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/20/2010 1:28:00 PM More reviews by AshleyKat

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product isn't bad but it isn't exactly good either. I wanted a lip balm that moisturize my lips and those didn't really do all that much for me. As for the smell, I really liked the water melon one so that's a plus. The other thing I dislike about it is the fact that you apply it with your fingers- very gross when you have chapped lips but dirty hands.
Overall, a good product but will not repurchase simply because I am looking for something more moisturizing and easier to apply.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/16/2010 4:13:00 AM More reviews by alixnaiq

I used up 2 pots of the raspberry one, partly because I liked the smell & taste. I haven't tried a whole lot of lip balms, so FWIW, this is sufficiently moisturising and stays on the lips for quite some time, which I liked when I had to survive New York winters. Once I started using my MAC Tinted Lip Conditioner in Plum Perfect, I stopped using this in the daytime so I can't tell how (in)convenient it is, but it made a good lip treatment for night. I didn't quite like the tint though - a bit too fuchsia for my fairly sallow East Asian complexion. One caution - by the time I hit pan on my second pot, I noticed that it started stinging my lips a little bit (something which hasn't happened before), so I tossed it out. Not sure if it's because the pot is around 3 years old - it smells fine (not rancid), but perhaps my lips started to react to some active ingredient in it? I plan to try other lip balms, but would repurchase if I couldn't find one that I liked better.

Updated 2014: I've discovered Vaseline Lip Therapy for really effective moisturisation and, for colour, tinted lip balms from Burt's Bees (see my other reviews). The Vaseline is much cheaper than this lip balm, the Burt's Bees shades I use are more flattering, and all of these have more hygienic packaging. So I've changed my mind - I definitely won't be repurchasing this.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2010 5:48:00 AM More reviews by ohpoodlesticks

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this product. I got the raspberry and watermelon one. It was on sale so i got 2 for $10.90 which is a bargain because for one its $8.90 so i saved alot of bucks :D haha
They smell REALLY good and glides on your lips really nice. it also gives a nice gloss and tint of colour if you got the one with colour like for example the raspberry. I also love the cute little pots they come it.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/22/2010 5:14:00 AM More reviews by MyUsername156

I bought the passionberry lip balm, which smells great and gave my lips a tinge of a nice pinky/purple colour. The product feels really smooth on, and its quite soothing too. This was all well and good until about 24 hours after I first put it on, when my lips slowly but surely puffed up until I looked like a demented fish. I suspect it was the ingredient lanolin which did this. This was unfortunate because it isnt exactly cheap for a little pot and it was a great lip balm in every other respect. But to those with a suspected allergy to lanolin, beware!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2010 8:17:00 AM More reviews by MaxFun

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

great smell and i love that it looks like gloss on the lips...the consistency is very smooth...
it does a decent job in lipcare...not great, but better than most lipbalms...it also adds a bit of extra colour
the only thing i dislike about it is that one has to apply it with the finger and when on the go it stays there and is quite sticky

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2010 11:38:00 AM More reviews by Beckaboom

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

the packaging for this is super cute, but I dislike how its in a pot, I have the watermelon one which is link and smells so good, but doesn't add much colour or shine to your lips, I don't feel that it moisturies that well as I felt it left them dryer. for these reasons I won't rebuy.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2010 10:12:00 AM More reviews by VanityInsanity

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm in love with these lip balms! I have to say I don't like how they come in jars (complete germ freak) but I can get over that. They smell AH-mazing! And really condition lips too!