April 21, 2014 | 1973 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Lash Stiletto

rated 4 of 5 on 12/5/2012 12:20:00 AM More reviews by babbbydivine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Moving on from my beloved Clinique's doubling mascara last year as I am a college student trying to save as much as I can without losing quality on my make up. I wear it for daily purposes much of 2012, which this is perfect as it lengthens and actually makes my lashes thicker than Clinique's when followed with multiple coats. I believe the brush adds a bit of magic to this, as it is prickly and can easily get in between my thin lashes. The cons are the the formula can be a bit hard to control, a bit "wet" so it can make lashes stick when you're trying to separate them, but an easy fix is to just use your nail,tweezer, etc. and carefully separate the two. This does not mean it is clumpy though, as I associate that with formulas that are dense and do not allow flexibility to separate the lashes. Another con that usually makes me abandon the mascara is flaking, which I do experience with this from time to time, which I believe the culprit is when I curl my lashes after application.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2012 10:24:00 AM More reviews by beautyglitter

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This used to be my HG mascara before I found They're Real. I didn't know what I was missing. This mascara only gives glossy length, no volume, but one thing I really like about this mascara is that it doesn't smudge on me. It doesn't clump at all, ever. So if you want natural looking darker lashes, this is the mascara for you.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/30/2012 7:03:00 PM More reviews by gillybean604

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my first lengthening mascara I've bought. I'm a die-hard volume mascara fan but was looking for something to lengthen my short lashes.

Pros: It lengthens, doesn't clump, separates my lashes well, minimal smudging by the end of the day, the formula is a bit tacky so I find it holds my curled lashes decently.
Cons: It has a strong perfume-y smell that's noticeable throughout the day. I don't consider myself to have sensitive eyes but I find the mascara does sting a bit. Enough for me to notice, but not bad enough that I keep using this mascara. Something to consider for those with sensitive eyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2012 12:28:00 AM More reviews by harmony888

$2 on sale at Ralph's I stocked up and bought 4 o them!
I like to layer applications and brush through- and voila! Looks just like falsies! LOVE!!!!! this mascara! Dries super fast and lasts all night till dawn!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2012 12:27:00 PM More reviews by junelove

There looks to be a lot of mixed reviews on this mascara. Some seem to think it does lengthen, while others don't. In my opinion, this is a really great mascara, especially when you use it together with other mascaras. My daily 'mascara' routine consists of 1. curling my lashes (btw, for those of you who cannot get your lashes to stay curled, a really great method is to take a blow drier to your lash curler for a couple seconds and then use it to curl your lashes, but be careful because depending on the lash curler it can get pretty hot)...2. First mascara I use is lash stiletto as i find that it seperates my lashes nicely and sets the stage for long, seperated lashes...and 3. To add thickness to my lashes I then use either Rimmel London Max Bold Curves or Maybelline Falsies Mascara. This routine seems to work for me!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2012 9:23:00 PM More reviews by tsh82

i like the brush of this, and it doesnt clump. tho it doesnt legthen at all :s might not buy this again coz i know theres something much better than this

rated 3 of 5 on 11/6/2012 12:07:00 PM More reviews by Dessayjoyce

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Pros:

-Does lengthen
-Doesn't clump as long as you don't layer it

Cons:

-Smells AWFUL
-Difficult to apply if you have thick or blonde eyelashes
-Must be layered to get good effect
-Does not separate lashes at all, in fact it makes all your lashes stick together

Overall, it's ok. It does lengthen the lashes, but must be layered to really get affect. If you have thin, already black or dark brown eyelashes this could be good for you. If your eyelashes are thick or blonde I'd suggest trying something else, or prepare to have to work with it to get it to work for you.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2012 5:22:00 AM More reviews by PetaDeLa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this mascara, I love the whispy look achieved using this product.

I was upset to see it had been taken off the shelf at local stores. Then i found it in the clearance section of a few discount stores. Score! Managed to grab a few before they discontinue the product, which i assume is what they are doing here in Australia :( i also use the brush when i have run out for eyebrows and to use with other mascaras.

My eyelashes look so long using this and the colour is a really good deep black, lasts all day too!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2012 11:16:00 PM More reviews by samanthurrrrr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I HATE THIS MASCARA. That being said, you are probably wondering why I gave it 5 stars. Well here's the thing. I recommend that if you are curious in buying this mascara, you should buy it and try it out. I did that a few years back and ending up hating it. It clumped, it was terrible for volume. HOWEVER** The brush that it comes with is phenomenal! I have not seen another brush work wonders like this little, red plastic one. I use it as an eyebrow come before and after I apply eyebrow powder, and the powder STAYS in place. I have ONLY ever experienced that with this brush. I also use it as an eye lash brush before and AFTER mascara. I first curl my lashes and then use my HG mascara L'oreal telescopic. Once it dries, I use this Stiletto brush which gives my eye lashes phenomenal definition as well as even more length? (somehow I don't know) So if you are curious about this mascara, please buy it. If you hate it, throw it out, clean the brush, and keep it . It can be used over and over again with make-up remover :)

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/16/2012 9:25:00 PM More reviews by sarikeen

I really like this mascara. Its buildable, very black and easy to apply even a month after purchase. Sure, its not the best of the bunch; but for drugstore I think its a pretty good value.