April 17, 2014 | 1790 users online

Blush - E.L.F. - Contouring Blush & Bronzing Powder

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 6/14/2013 2:51:00 AM More reviews by shengqix

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

It is such a steal! $3 for both blush and bronzer! it is definitely an awesome beginner makeup item.

The blush fades away halfway through the day :/ and the gold sparkle in both the blush and the bronzer is just not flattering... also the colors aren't very nice. the st. lucia color made me look like i had a sun burn and the bronzer made me look dark, not the sun-kissed golden tan effect...

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2013 12:19:00 AM More reviews by Triscuits

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Pro's:
*Packaging. This little duo ranks among the best packaging I've seen from any drugstore makeup. Nice large mirror, easy to open and securely close, sleek and compact, doesn't feel cheap or flimsy. A real pleasure.
*Price. Very good deal given the nice packaging and amount of product. Very low $$$ risk to try out this product for yourself.
*The blush color is beautiful pink/peach, just wish it were more of a matte finish rather than being full of gold glittery/shimmer. The texture is fairly nice, though, and very easy to work with. I would only wear this blush for evening, though, the glitter/shimmer makes it too glammy for daytime wear for my taste but it's a very flattering color on my skin.
*The bronzer appears to have some shimmer in the pan but applies to the skin more like a matte/satin.

Con's:
*The bronzer and blush are neither water or sweat-resistant. A single tear or ball of sweat running down my face will leave a distinct trail anywhere it came in contact with the product.
*I don't notice oxidation but I do notice both the blush and bronzer get patchy, cakey, and start separating after a few hours or so (contingent on levels of humidity and oil production).
*The bronzer looks a little dirty on my fair-light neutral leaning warm tone skin, and it doesn't apply or blend out very easily. I find the bronzer too difficult to work with to get a smooth application and natural result, so I don't even bother with the bronzer anymore.

I'd still recommend this, it's so cheap and practically a steal if you nab one during one of E.L.F.'s sales, it's definitely worth a try. If the product doesn't work for you, at least you'll get a pretty good quality sleek compact with a nice mirror out of it.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2013 8:34:00 PM More reviews by sheila12344321

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this. I read that this is a dupe for Nars (kind of). Well, this looks just fine. The bronzer required a light hand, however. It really went on dark. The blush was great, though. The packaging is really nice...feels sturdier than other department store brands. I will buy this again and again.

UPDATE: Nothing else I have compares. All my other bronzers look orange on me. This one is just right, and the blush is perfect. While my HG is Benefit's Dallas, this is what I wear on casual days.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2013 12:08:00 AM More reviews by thegirlwiththeredpurse

This is my perfect go-to blush. It goes beautifully with any kind of makeup I wear. The blush is my favorite. It's a nice peachy color with golden shimmer. It looks beautiful on it's own or paired with the bronzer. The bronzer is a medium brown with golden shimmer. It's a bit dark so I have to use it sparingly. Both are very long lasting on me. To me, this duo is an A+. Nice colors, long lasting, great sturdy packaging all for a mere $3!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/10/2013 6:43:00 PM More reviews by Jenhaas504

I bought this cause I read so many good reviews on it, but it really didn't work out for me. The blush was to sparkly for me (felt like a 6 year old in it) and the bronzer was very orangey on my skin. Being only $5 it really didn't hurt to try and was worth the shot.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/10/2013 1:25:00 PM More reviews by magnifiquee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This bronzer and blush duo is a great value and amazing for people starting to build their makeup kits. A lot of people compare this duo to the NARS laguna and orgasm duo which I can see but it's not really the same at all IMO. The blush is a nice pink colour with a slight shimmer to it. The bronzer is a medium colour with lots of shimmer in it (a little too much for my liking). They are very easy to apply and very wearable and easy to blend into the skin so they're great for beginners. The packaging for this is very beautiful and sleek, just like the NARS packaging. The price for this is AMAZING, it is only $3 and E.L.F always has sales on so you will probably get it for even less than that! The only thing I don't really like about this formulation is that it is VERY powdery and has some fall out, but this can be prevented by tapping your brush against something to get excess off. I would recommend this to anyone who wants to try out bronzers and blushes without the big price tag.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2013 1:18:00 PM More reviews by juelzmain22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

First let me say that if you are not aware then you really need to get with the program. ELF CAME OUT WITH NEW SHADES FOR THIS. I repurchased the original duo as well as the 2 new shades (and another backup for those two) So in total I have six of these so I should be set for a very long time. I love each and every one of these duo's sooo sooo much. I can use the bronzer in each one at different times of the year and I am around an NW45, mufe mat velvet #75. I actually use the antigua duo the most, practically everyday and my boyfriend loves when I wear this. He's always like your cheeks are so rosy and sexy ^_^. HA!! All of these duo's have a shimmer with antigua being the duo with the most noticeable of shimmer. Ilike it personally because when i'm out in the sun it looks amazing. I use a stipple brush to apply the blush and an angled blush brush for the bronzer. I have noticed the blush wears off long before the bronzer does and it can sometimes be a bit powdery and for that I took off a lippie. I love contoured cheek bones but I still want my blush to balance out the look. St.lucia (the original color) is a peachy blush and a golden tan bronzer, antigua is a hot pink blush (very blendable though) and a mocha darker bronzer, turks and caicos is a mauvy rose blush (LOVE IT!!) with a chocolate red undertoned bronzer (the darkest of the 3). Each one is unique and how i like to use them is st lucia in the summer for a glow, turks and caicos in the fall and sometimes the winter nad antigua in the spring. The packaging is really sturdy also, i find that opening it constantly does loosen up the compact and it can just flip open easily after sometime but it still snaps hsut and is great for travel. The mirror is huge and great for in the car. Its just na overall nice product for only $3. You can't go wrong!!!

8 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2013 1:52:00 AM More reviews by jencypark

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This blush/bronzer duo is the perfect product with an amazing price tag. I absolutely love the bronzer which is great for all over color/slight contouring. I have always wanted to try Nars Laguna bronzer but it seems that this one is very very similar. The color of the blush in this duo is gorgeous as well...though the ELF blushes are not as long wearing as high end blushes in my oily skin. This compact is great for traveling because I can use these colors everyday for most looks and because the packaging is pretty sturdy and nice for the price; they didn't skimp out on the packaging.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2013 2:07:00 AM More reviews by gazelma

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I own Nars Orgasm and imho, it's not THAT great of a dupe but this is comparable and great on its own. At first I was frightened because when I applied it, it looked so strong on my face! So you need a light hand with this and a little goes a long way. Perhaps a stippling brush? I dab some on my hand before applying on my cheeks. I always get compliments on my makeup wearing this! I have a fat round face and I get the appearance that I have cheekbones. For $3, this is a great product, and I hope they never stop making it. Compared to years ago ELF has been stepping up their game with their products.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2013 12:05:00 AM More reviews by jwong32

This is often touted as a dupe for the NARS orgasm and Laguna duo, but since I've never used NARS products, I can't speak to that. However, I would say that this product is really nice. I mainly use the blush, and even though it looks shimmery in the package it comes out a very nice color on the cheeks. I usually have trouble with blushes (the color never shows up!) and this is one that I can depend on daily. It's looks natural and understated so it works well for school and work. In addition, it's really inexpensive and not tested on animals; definitely worth a try!