E.L.F. Waterproof Eyeliner Pen

3.0

Price: $

Price: $

Aqua(water), Styrene/Acrylates/Ammonium Methacrylate Copolymer, SD Alcohol 40 (Alcohol Denat), Butylene Glycol, Sodium Laureth-12 Sulfate, Benzyl Alcohol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone. May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Maganese Violet (CI 77742), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI 77289), Yellow No. 5 Lake (CI 19140), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Blue No.1 Lake (CI 42090)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This product actually works pretty good for me. It does dry out pretty fast but for $2... well, what do you expect? It stays for a good while and that's good enough for me. Would repurchase.

on 3/9/2013 9:36:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I read mixed reviews of this eyeliner, but still bought it anyways because it is so cheap so if it did not work I lose $1. I think the reviewers are right, ELF make-up does seem to come in batches. I think I got lucky and got a good batch. For $1, these eyeliners are really good. They truely are waterproof as they stay on my eyes all day and they are easy to apply with no tugging. I have had them for around a month now and do notice that the ink is starting to fade so sometimes I do have to go over the line again to get the pigmentation I want. I did read about some tips to extend the life of this liner, which I used and it seems to be working:

(1) ensure that the cap is closed tightly, make sure it clicks shut
(2) store the liner upside down

on 2/28/2013 5:22:00 PM

I had two of them. Color is nice and it's pretty easy to apply. But it gets dry so quickly. Compared with Lumene and Loreal eyeliner this is just so so. I don't think I will buy it any more.

on 2/26/2013 9:58:00 AM

After one swipe it dries up, I can't even make one full line on my upper lid. And I always store it upside down, it doesn't help. This is completely useless. I bought this in black and ash and I have the same problem for both. Everyone is saying "oh its only a buck just get it" well what's the point, its literally USELESS.

AMAZING! SO inexpensive! Truly waterproof, won't smear or rub off! Allows you to create a very fine line. I apply a very thin line across the lash line over my blended pencil eyeliner so that my eyeliner lasts throughout the day.
It does dry out easily, and needs to be replaced at least every month, but is no problem because it is so affordable (I paid 1.00 for it at Walmart)!

The only bad thing about it is that it is SO hard to find. The Walmart I purchased it from ran out and hasn't restocked it in several weeks. I looked everywhere and couldn't find it sold anywhere else.

on 2/2/2013 9:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Not really waterproof, does not make a sharp line, tip starts to wear out after about a month. Not the worst eyeliner in the world, but certainly not the worst.

This is the best waterproof eyeliner I have ever used. I love the packaging, the intensity, and the staying power. Oh yeah, and the fact that it's $1 at Target. This makes the perfect cat eye. Love it

on 1/30/2013 6:54:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I was really disappointed that it dried up so fast after only a few weeks. Won't be buying this product again.

on 1/28/2013 2:54:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I bought this as my first eyeliner..at first,it worked well..
Very easy to use and very good for people who still learned makeup..
But i hate the fact that it dried up so fast..Less than a month the brush is dried up.. But in other word its cheap, soo what can i say more ?

on 1/28/2013 12:31:00 AM

When I first opened this, I was disappointed to find out that it was dried out. I tried everything to bring it back to life, but nothing worked. Then, I found out how to make it work, in a slightly messy process. I opened the bottom with my teeth, then shook out the felt rod inside. (Be careful, the ink might get on your hands at this point). Then, I pushed the tip from the outside in until it popped out through the bottom. You'll notice that there are two points. I flipped it to the other point, then pushed it in until it was back to normal, and then put a few drops of water in through the bottom, saturating the tip with water from the bottom. I then put the felt rod back in (also wetting it a little) and put the bottom back on, and voila! It works! On to the review. Once I did this, it had great pigmentation. It was a dark, dark brown, but not black. If you let it dry, it takes a bit of effort to wash it off, but it's not waterproof as it claims to be. It does last all day, though, without running. Overall, except for the fact that it was dried out, this is a great product. I think it was worth the effort, because it's actually pretty good! :)
EDIT: For the time that it worked, I liked it, but it dried up way too quickly. Also, nearing the end of its life, I would be able to draw on one side, but when I went to the other, it would already be dried up. Now it's all dried up and useless. I wish it didn't dry up so quickly, but c'est la vie!