Rimmel Sexy Curves

3.3

on 7/2/2012 3:49:00 PM

This mascara is good for length, but you need to be careful because it can clump easily if you aren't paying attention. I prefer to curl my lashes before applying since I get better results. The formula is wet, so be warned if you don't like that. I will not be repurchasing since I love trying out new mascaras and rarely repurchase the same one.

on 6/8/2012 10:51:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is a good mascara, not my favorite, but a decent one nonetheless. Iíve used it off and on for the last few years. I like the Ďbubblyí (for lack of better description) shape of the brush, and the short, rubber bristles. The brush does a good job of grabbing every lash and separating/defining my lashes. This mascara also lengthens and lifts my lashes. The formula is thin, somewhat wet, and buildable for darker color and length. It does not volumize, despite my applying 2-3 wet coats. It leaves my lashes somewhat stiff. Clumping and flaking is minimal, and it lasts through heat, humidity, and workouts with minimal smudging. Itís a bit stubborn to remove. Bottom line, this is good if your looking for lift, length and definition; not so good for softness and volume. Itís a good summertime mascara for me, but it doesnít hold a candle to my HG LíOreal Bare Naturale. I would repurchase, should I have the need.

on 5/26/2012 6:04:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I quite like this mascara. First off i'd like to say after trying Rimmel's Scandal eyes I was very un-impressed and very sceptical to try any other rimmel mascaras but I decided to bite the bullet and try this one. I was pleasantly surprised by this mascara. The consistency of the actual mascara is perfect for me it's thick but not too gloopy. I really love the brush it's very unique and the brush is a good dupe for the fairy drops mascara. Due to the 3 plumps on the brush its very easy to get in to the inner corners of my lashes which is a plus because it gives me a more full look. I love the shape of the packaging it looks very differnt to the typical drugstore mascaras; and the shiny purple packaging caught my eye instantly. The mascara holds a curl very well, gives a bit of length but not much for volume. The price was decent, I paid £8.19 for mine at superdrug. It's now one of my favourites but not at my HG status.

on 5/7/2012 2:09:00 PM

I am extremely disappointed with this product. I just purchased it today, tried it out once I got home, and hate it so much that I had to come write this review. First of all, the picture of the brush on the package is VERY deceiving as the actual brush is nothing like it. This mascara does absolutely nothing for your lashes except for giving clumps and spider looking lashes. Hopefully I'm able to return it.

on 4/23/2012 8:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I would give this a 5 but it lacks just a tiny bit of my HG expectations. The first reason I love this mascara is because it makes my lashes really long, longer than any other mascara has ever made them (and I've tried dozens!). It really holds a curl beautifully. I def would not recommend applying more than 2 coats because it will get clumpy. With 2 coats I get really long and curled doll like eyelashes! The only thing which is slightly lacking is the volume aspect of it. This gives me about 85% of the volume I want. With maybe that 15% more volume this would be HG status for me! I will def repurchase and I already go around telling everyone to get rimmel sexy curves bc they always compliment me when I use this mascara!

This was my first mascara and it was alright. The best part about it was it is very black! but i hate that it flakes i feel like when i wear it i constantly have to go to a mirror and remove the flakes with can be really inconvient. This is a great mascara for beginners though because the brush is very easy to handle and it isn't that dramatic but it can be it you want it to be. I wouldn't buy it again because i know there's better out there but it is a fairly decent product.

on 4/11/2012 9:35:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I really love this mascara because it actually does what it says, it did make my lashes curl without having to use an eyelash curler, but despite that it lacks other components that I'm looking for like length,volume etc....... this mascara did lengthen my lashes well but it's not as good as my falsies and the wand just didnt volumize my lashes but it kinda gave that spidery effect, and also the formula is too dry I have to apply like 5 coats to get anything , but I think it's just the wand because it's plastic not those original bristles that pack more product. Other than that this mascara would be perfect .

For reference: I have short, thick, light blonde eyelashes that can hold a curl

Pros-
-Dark black color
-slightly curls eyelashes
-my eyelashes looked thick and long
-cheap ($10 US)
-cute purple packaging
-Lasts a long time
-easy to remove

Cons-
-Flakes after 5-6 hours
-smudges with the tiniest amount of water
-slightly clumpy
-hard to find in Australia

Overall this is a pretty good mascara but for me the cons outweigh the pros and I would not repurchase.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Sexy Curves is undoubtedly an excellent mascara, but I've decided to keep searching for my HG mascara. I tend to lean toward lengthening mascaras, since my eyelashes are on the long side for an Asian, yet they aren't the full, thick, long and lush fan of lashes I would like. I don't need any curling properties, I don't curl my eyelashes. Curlingness is just a bonus.
Sexy Curves gives a fair bit of volume, and some curl. Not that much length, meaning that the search is still on.
For those looking for a mascara tha will give a little volume and curl, try Sexy Curves. For gals like me, who care for length, keep searching!
Note: Love the brush- it is so cool! Kind of like the fairydrops one...

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Rimmel London Sexy Curves Mascara in Extreme Black 003 is one of my favorites ever! Believe it or not, Iíll actually use this more than I do some of my high-end ones. I tried this last week before going out with a friend & immediately loved it. I bought my own tube after & have been wearing it basically anytime I wear mascara since then. The curl & volume my lashes get are gorgeous. That formula is a little think and it can be easy to over-apply. Itís a little messy because itís semi-wet & is a little messy if Iím not careful, but my eyes pop when I apply it nicely.

The wand took me a little while to get used toóitís long, thin, & has three balls on the end. Itís called a triple plump brush & thatís what gives the amazing curl. I initially felt like product wasnít being put on evenly or all at once because the balls are a lot closer than the dips, but it works & Iím not complaining. $7 for this sleek metallic purple mascara is great & I love it so much that I have two tubes!

Popular Mascaras