Rimmel Sexy Curves

3.3

on 6/8/2012 10:51:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is a good mascara, not my favorite, but a decent one nonetheless. I’ve used it off and on for the last few years. I like the ‘bubbly’ (for lack of better description) shape of the brush, and the short, rubber bristles. The brush does a good job of grabbing every lash and separating/defining my lashes. This mascara also lengthens and lifts my lashes. The formula is thin, somewhat wet, and buildable for darker color and length. It does not volumize, despite my applying 2-3 wet coats. It leaves my lashes somewhat stiff. Clumping and flaking is minimal, and it lasts through heat, humidity, and workouts with minimal smudging. It’s a bit stubborn to remove. Bottom line, this is good if your looking for lift, length and definition; not so good for softness and volume. It’s a good summertime mascara for me, but it doesn’t hold a candle to my HG L’Oreal Bare Naturale. I would repurchase, should I have the need.

on 5/26/2012 6:04:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I quite like this mascara. First off i'd like to say after trying Rimmel's Scandal eyes I was very un-impressed and very sceptical to try any other rimmel mascaras but I decided to bite the bullet and try this one. I was pleasantly surprised by this mascara. The consistency of the actual mascara is perfect for me it's thick but not too gloopy. I really love the brush it's very unique and the brush is a good dupe for the fairy drops mascara. Due to the 3 plumps on the brush its very easy to get in to the inner corners of my lashes which is a plus because it gives me a more full look. I love the shape of the packaging it looks very differnt to the typical drugstore mascaras; and the shiny purple packaging caught my eye instantly. The mascara holds a curl very well, gives a bit of length but not much for volume. The price was decent, I paid £8.19 for mine at superdrug. It's now one of my favourites but not at my HG status.

on 5/7/2012 2:09:00 PM

I am extremely disappointed with this product. I just purchased it today, tried it out once I got home, and hate it so much that I had to come write this review. First of all, the picture of the brush on the package is VERY deceiving as the actual brush is nothing like it. This mascara does absolutely nothing for your lashes except for giving clumps and spider looking lashes. Hopefully I'm able to return it.

on 4/23/2012 8:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I would give this a 5 but it lacks just a tiny bit of my HG expectations. The first reason I love this mascara is because it makes my lashes really long, longer than any other mascara has ever made them (and I've tried dozens!). It really holds a curl beautifully. I def would not recommend applying more than 2 coats because it will get clumpy. With 2 coats I get really long and curled doll like eyelashes! The only thing which is slightly lacking is the volume aspect of it. This gives me about 85% of the volume I want. With maybe that 15% more volume this would be HG status for me! I will def repurchase and I already go around telling everyone to get rimmel sexy curves bc they always compliment me when I use this mascara!

This was my first mascara and it was alright. The best part about it was it is very black! but i hate that it flakes i feel like when i wear it i constantly have to go to a mirror and remove the flakes with can be really inconvient. This is a great mascara for beginners though because the brush is very easy to handle and it isn't that dramatic but it can be it you want it to be. I wouldn't buy it again because i know there's better out there but it is a fairly decent product.

on 4/11/2012 9:35:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I really love this mascara because it actually does what it says, it did make my lashes curl without having to use an eyelash curler, but despite that it lacks other components that I'm looking for like length,volume etc....... this mascara did lengthen my lashes well but it's not as good as my falsies and the wand just didnt volumize my lashes but it kinda gave that spidery effect, and also the formula is too dry I have to apply like 5 coats to get anything , but I think it's just the wand because it's plastic not those original bristles that pack more product. Other than that this mascara would be perfect .

For reference: I have short, thick, light blonde eyelashes that can hold a curl

Pros-
-Dark black color
-slightly curls eyelashes
-my eyelashes looked thick and long
-cheap ($10 US)
-cute purple packaging
-Lasts a long time
-easy to remove

Cons-
-Flakes after 5-6 hours
-smudges with the tiniest amount of water
-slightly clumpy
-hard to find in Australia

Overall this is a pretty good mascara but for me the cons outweigh the pros and I would not repurchase.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Sexy Curves is undoubtedly an excellent mascara, but I've decided to keep searching for my HG mascara. I tend to lean toward lengthening mascaras, since my eyelashes are on the long side for an Asian, yet they aren't the full, thick, long and lush fan of lashes I would like. I don't need any curling properties, I don't curl my eyelashes. Curlingness is just a bonus.
Sexy Curves gives a fair bit of volume, and some curl. Not that much length, meaning that the search is still on.
For those looking for a mascara tha will give a little volume and curl, try Sexy Curves. For gals like me, who care for length, keep searching!
Note: Love the brush- it is so cool! Kind of like the fairydrops one...

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Sexy Curves is definitely one of my HG mascaras… I love it. I tried it last week before going out with a friend & immediately decided it was going to be one of my favorite drugstore mascaras. It is definitely one of my favorite drugstore mascaras. The curl & volume this gives is amazing; I'll actually use this before some of my higher-end ones. However, it is really easy to over-apply & it does get clumpy & "spidery" if you put too much on. If you apply it nicely, your eyelashes will POP.

The want is weird—it's long & thin with three balls are the end, which give the curl. I was a little hard for me to get used to because I felt like the makeup wasn't being distributed on my lashes at one time or evenly because the balls are a lot closer than the dips. The price is basically the same as most other drugstore mascaras (around $7), but I almost always see it on sale at Walgreens which is where I purchased both of my tubes. The packaging is nice; its sleek, metallic purple tube is attention-getting & really pretty.

This is the perfect mascara for big, dramatic, "sexy, curvy" eyelashes.

on 3/27/2012 2:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Pretty good mascara for it being a drustore brand. Doesn't flake as much as the others do.