July 29, 2014 | 1891 users online

Mascara - Rimmel - Sexy Curves

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2012 10:58:00 PM More reviews by suddenlysunny

For reference: I have short, thick, light blonde eyelashes that can hold a curl

Pros-
-Dark black color
-slightly curls eyelashes
-my eyelashes looked thick and long
-cheap ($10 US)
-cute purple packaging
-Lasts a long time
-easy to remove

Cons-
-Flakes after 5-6 hours
-smudges with the tiniest amount of water
-slightly clumpy
-hard to find in Australia

Overall this is a pretty good mascara but for me the cons outweigh the pros and I would not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2012 8:40:00 AM More reviews by glossipgirl7

Sexy Curves is undoubtedly an excellent mascara, but I've decided to keep searching for my HG mascara. I tend to lean toward lengthening mascaras, since my eyelashes are on the long side for an Asian, yet they aren't the full, thick, long and lush fan of lashes I would like. I don't need any curling properties, I don't curl my eyelashes. Curlingness is just a bonus.
Sexy Curves gives a fair bit of volume, and some curl. Not that much length, meaning that the search is still on.
For those looking for a mascara tha will give a little volume and curl, try Sexy Curves. For gals like me, who care for length, keep searching!
Note: Love the brush- it is so cool! Kind of like the fairydrops one...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2012 1:36:00 PM More reviews by larosedechanel

I love this mascara; it's definitely going to become my nighttime one. I first tried it last week before I went out with a friend & I immediately loved it. It makes my eyelashes look like false, that's how long they were! The curl & volume it gives me is amazing, too. This does what it says it will do. However, it is really easy to over-apply & it does get clumpy & "spidery" if you put too much on. If you apply it nicely, your eyelashes will POP.

The price is basically the same as most other drugstore mascaras (around $7), but I almost always see it on sale at Walgreens which is where I purchased both of my tubes. The packaging is nice; its sleek, metallic purple tube is attention-getting & really pretty. The wand is a little weird. It's long & thin with three balls on the end, but those are what give the curves & it works, so I won't complain! This is the perfect mascara for big, dramatic, "sexy, curvy" eyelashes.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/27/2012 2:57:00 PM More reviews by Luscious1104

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Pretty good mascara for it being a drustore brand. Doesn't flake as much as the others do.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/29/2012 3:45:00 PM More reviews by Cyriatan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I guess I should start saying that my lashes, actually, don't need much of a great mascara, let me explain: medium to high volume, dark haired, long lashes. A swirl of curler and they pop. I do not have the greatest lashes ever, but at the same time I don't have many problems with them. So this is when I find Rimmel's "Sexy Curves" and stopped using my HG, Dior's "Diorshow Extase". I don't get the same results with both, don't get me wrong, Rimmel's one is much more clumpier and leaves a less "clean" result, it dries harder...but, the price difference, for me, was huge and the results I get with "Sexy Curves" are actually quite good: it makes my lashes longer, darker, and very curvy, actually, it holds the curl all day giving my lashes a very femenine and delicate look as I tend to apply mascara and curl my lashes to the outsides, giving them a slight curvature which accentuates my almond-shape eye. This mascara is perfect for that, as it gives that more thick lashes on the roots and long, thinner tips look, but...here's the downside: not that much volume here. This makes lashes very long, but nearly just very long, leaving them quite separate. I like this for my everyday look, but I use some other thing, or I combine it with other product when I want full, big lashes (but keep in mind that this, on me, does not look natural or anything similar, actually it looks very fake; with "Sexy Curves" I get noticeable lashes, just not as an obvious "I sport mascara straight in your face!" look). I'd say this won't work as well with sparse, flat lashes, but at least with long lashes that get enough curl with an eyelash curler, the results are actually good. You have to work the brush through the lashes and be careful as in my experience, it may accumulate and stick some lashes together, but this is easy avoidable. So, if you are okay with not that much volume but long, dark and curvy and a little more than natural lashes, want something cheap and your lashes have somewhat of curl, this is pretty good in comparison with other mascaras in the same range.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/29/2012 3:00:00 PM More reviews by sarasophia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

One of the best mascaras I have tried recently. Whenever I apply this my lashes look literally 'fake' but in a good way, without having to much product on. Gives me amazing length. I can't really say much about the curves its suppose to hold as I have very curled lashes anyway.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/26/2012 1:39:00 PM More reviews by AROMAA

no volume, abet of length, didn't do anything special.. when try to build another liar it gets really spidery.. don't like it..

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2012 7:43:00 PM More reviews by nearyroth

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

When I first got this(years ago) I loved it! That was before I discovered other mascaras. I now realize just how thin and spidery it makes you lashes look. It also weighs them down and looks like you only have a few lashes! I really dislike this mascara. A few days ago, I opened it and the stopper completely fell off. I didn't do anything abnormal just opened it. Now there is no visible brush. It is completely covered by black, thick, goopy mascara. Into the trash can this goes! Will not repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/25/2012 4:48:00 PM More reviews by xEmzyx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Bought this once..as it was on offer I thought I'd give it a try. It was crap!
It hardly even lifts and curls your lashes at all. that's why it is so cheap to buy! Definitely not for me. I like to look awake and be able to build upon the false lash effect so this did nothing for me

rated 1 of 5 on 2/13/2012 8:27:00 AM More reviews by therealiluvbmx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

ugh, doesn't hold any curls at all.