April 21, 2014 | 979 users online

Mascara - Rimmel - Sexy Curves

rated 4 of 5 on 2/29/2012 3:45:00 PM More reviews by Cyriatan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I guess I should start saying that my lashes, actually, don't need much of a great mascara, let me explain: medium to high volume, dark haired, long lashes. A swirl of curler and they pop. I do not have the greatest lashes ever, but at the same time I don't have many problems with them. So this is when I find Rimmel's "Sexy Curves" and stopped using my HG, Dior's "Diorshow Extase". I don't get the same results with both, don't get me wrong, Rimmel's one is much more clumpier and leaves a less "clean" result, it dries harder...but, the price difference, for me, was huge and the results I get with "Sexy Curves" are actually quite good: it makes my lashes longer, darker, and very curvy, actually, it holds the curl all day giving my lashes a very femenine and delicate look as I tend to apply mascara and curl my lashes to the outsides, giving them a slight curvature which accentuates my almond-shape eye. This mascara is perfect for that, as it gives that more thick lashes on the roots and long, thinner tips look, but...here's the downside: not that much volume here. This makes lashes very long, but nearly just very long, leaving them quite separate. I like this for my everyday look, but I use some other thing, or I combine it with other product when I want full, big lashes (but keep in mind that this, on me, does not look natural or anything similar, actually it looks very fake; with "Sexy Curves" I get noticeable lashes, just not as an obvious "I sport mascara straight in your face!" look). I'd say this won't work as well with sparse, flat lashes, but at least with long lashes that get enough curl with an eyelash curler, the results are actually good. You have to work the brush through the lashes and be careful as in my experience, it may accumulate and stick some lashes together, but this is easy avoidable. So, if you are okay with not that much volume but long, dark and curvy and a little more than natural lashes, want something cheap and your lashes have somewhat of curl, this is pretty good in comparison with other mascaras in the same range.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/29/2012 3:00:00 PM More reviews by sarasophia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

One of the best mascaras I have tried recently. Whenever I apply this my lashes look literally 'fake' but in a good way, without having to much product on. Gives me amazing length. I can't really say much about the curves its suppose to hold as I have very curled lashes anyway.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/26/2012 1:39:00 PM More reviews by AROMAA

no volume, abet of length, didn't do anything special.. when try to build another liar it gets really spidery.. don't like it..

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2012 7:43:00 PM More reviews by nearyroth

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

When I first got this(years ago) I loved it! That was before I discovered other mascaras. I now realize just how thin and spidery it makes you lashes look. It also weighs them down and looks like you only have a few lashes! I really dislike this mascara. A few days ago, I opened it and the stopper completely fell off. I didn't do anything abnormal just opened it. Now there is no visible brush. It is completely covered by black, thick, goopy mascara. Into the trash can this goes! Will not repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/25/2012 4:48:00 PM More reviews by xEmzyx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Bought this once..as it was on offer I thought I'd give it a try. It was crap!
It hardly even lifts and curls your lashes at all. that's why it is so cheap to buy! Definitely not for me. I like to look awake and be able to build upon the false lash effect so this did nothing for me

rated 1 of 5 on 2/13/2012 8:27:00 AM More reviews by therealiluvbmx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

ugh, doesn't hold any curls at all.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2012 9:58:00 PM More reviews by lizzea

Meh. I really expected more. But that's what you get when you buy into the marketing hype of course. I was so intrigued by the wand and my stubby straight lashes swooned over the promise of sexier curves. Sigh. It's an ok masacara. The special shaped wand doesn't do anything really, it does curl a bit but no more than my non-shapely mascaras. The formula is average, it doesn't really lengthen or volumise very quickly. It does flake a bit but not too much which is a problem I find with nearly all mascaras I've tried (I have *almost* a monolid, not quite, but just very small, oily lids). If I want to go for a very natural 'no makeup' look, this mascara is nice. But because I was promised 'sexy curves', I'm disappointed. It's ok. I got it on a BOGO deal but I wouldn't run out and buy this product by itself.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/15/2012 5:16:00 PM More reviews by ndunnachie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this mascara with high expectations as I have heard quite a lot of hype about it but I was let down miserably. I absolutely hate clumped together, spidery lashes and that was the result I got after using this mascara. In all honesty this product just didn't do anything for me. The only good thing I can say about this product is the colour and style of the packaging is gorgeous.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/15/2012 11:17:00 AM More reviews by Lobbery

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like the brush. It isn't a bad mascara upon application. I didn't notice any extra hold of curl though and it starting flaking after a few hours.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/15/2012 10:02:00 AM More reviews by Stephxx16

Sexy Curves? Not even, this mascara gave my lashes no curves at all! It left my lashes sticking just up, even when I curled them with an eyelash curler. It was a nightmare. I really don't like this product and I regret buying it. I tried layering it with other mascara's but still that "curve" wasn't there.