October 26, 2014 | 929 users online

Mascara - Rimmel - Sexy Curves

rated 1 of 5 on 5/7/2012 2:09:00 PM More reviews by xxAlessia

I am extremely disappointed with this product. I just purchased it today, tried it out once I got home, and hate it so much that I had to come write this review. First of all, the picture of the brush on the package is VERY deceiving as the actual brush is nothing like it. This mascara does absolutely nothing for your lashes except for giving clumps and spider looking lashes. Hopefully I'm able to return it.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2012 8:58:00 PM More reviews by nabila714

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I would give this a 5 but it lacks just a tiny bit of my HG expectations. The first reason I love this mascara is because it makes my lashes really long, longer than any other mascara has ever made them (and I've tried dozens!). It really holds a curl beautifully. I def would not recommend applying more than 2 coats because it will get clumpy. With 2 coats I get really long and curled doll like eyelashes! The only thing which is slightly lacking is the volume aspect of it. This gives me about 85% of the volume I want. With maybe that 15% more volume this would be HG status for me! I will def repurchase and I already go around telling everyone to get rimmel sexy curves bc they always compliment me when I use this mascara!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/15/2012 7:43:00 PM More reviews by LittleMakeupLover

This was my first mascara and it was alright. The best part about it was it is very black! but i hate that it flakes i feel like when i wear it i constantly have to go to a mirror and remove the flakes with can be really inconvient. This is a great mascara for beginners though because the brush is very easy to handle and it isn't that dramatic but it can be it you want it to be. I wouldn't buy it again because i know there's better out there but it is a fairly decent product.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2012 9:35:00 AM More reviews by Nanciiieeee

I really love this mascara because it actually does what it says, it did make my lashes curl without having to use an eyelash curler, but despite that it lacks other components that I'm looking for like length,volume etc....... this mascara did lengthen my lashes well but it's not as good as my falsies and the wand just didnt volumize my lashes but it kinda gave that spidery effect, and also the formula is too dry I have to apply like 5 coats to get anything , but I think it's just the wand because it's plastic not those original bristles that pack more product. Other than that this mascara would be perfect .

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2012 10:58:00 PM More reviews by suddenlysunny

For reference: I have short, thick, light blonde eyelashes that can hold a curl

Pros-
-Dark black color
-slightly curls eyelashes
-my eyelashes looked thick and long
-cheap ($10 US)
-cute purple packaging
-Lasts a long time
-easy to remove

Cons-
-Flakes after 5-6 hours
-smudges with the tiniest amount of water
-slightly clumpy
-hard to find in Australia

Overall this is a pretty good mascara but for me the cons outweigh the pros and I would not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2012 8:40:00 AM More reviews by glossipgirl7

Sexy Curves is undoubtedly an excellent mascara, but I've decided to keep searching for my HG mascara. I tend to lean toward lengthening mascaras, since my eyelashes are on the long side for an Asian, yet they aren't the full, thick, long and lush fan of lashes I would like. I don't need any curling properties, I don't curl my eyelashes. Curlingness is just a bonus.
Sexy Curves gives a fair bit of volume, and some curl. Not that much length, meaning that the search is still on.
For those looking for a mascara tha will give a little volume and curl, try Sexy Curves. For gals like me, who care for length, keep searching!
Note: Love the brush- it is so cool! Kind of like the fairydrops one...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2012 1:36:00 PM More reviews by larosedechanel

Sexy Curves is definitely one of my HG mascaras… I love it. I tried it last week before going out with a friend & immediately decided it was going to be one of my favorite drugstore mascaras. It is definitely one of my favorite drugstore mascaras. The curl & volume this gives is amazing; I'll actually use this before some of my higher-end ones. However, it is really easy to over-apply & it does get clumpy & "spidery" if you put too much on. If you apply it nicely, your eyelashes will POP.

The want is weird—it's long & thin with three balls are the end, which give the curl. I was a little hard for me to get used to because I felt like the makeup wasn't being distributed on my lashes at one time or evenly because the balls are a lot closer than the dips. The price is basically the same as most other drugstore mascaras (around $7), but I almost always see it on sale at Walgreens which is where I purchased both of my tubes. The packaging is nice; its sleek, metallic purple tube is attention-getting & really pretty.

This is the perfect mascara for big, dramatic, "sexy, curvy" eyelashes.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/27/2012 2:57:00 PM More reviews by Luscious1104

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Pretty good mascara for it being a drustore brand. Doesn't flake as much as the others do.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/29/2012 3:45:00 PM More reviews by Cyriatan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I guess I should start saying that my lashes, actually, don't need much of a great mascara, let me explain: medium to high volume, dark haired, long lashes. A swirl of curler and they pop. I do not have the greatest lashes ever, but at the same time I don't have many problems with them. So this is when I find Rimmel's "Sexy Curves" and stopped using my HG, Dior's "Diorshow Extase". I don't get the same results with both, don't get me wrong, Rimmel's one is much more clumpier and leaves a less "clean" result, it dries harder...but, the price difference, for me, was huge and the results I get with "Sexy Curves" are actually quite good: it makes my lashes longer, darker, and very curvy, actually, it holds the curl all day giving my lashes a very femenine and delicate look as I tend to apply mascara and curl my lashes to the outsides, giving them a slight curvature which accentuates my almond-shape eye. This mascara is perfect for that, as it gives that more thick lashes on the roots and long, thinner tips look, but...here's the downside: not that much volume here. This makes lashes very long, but nearly just very long, leaving them quite separate. I like this for my everyday look, but I use some other thing, or I combine it with other product when I want full, big lashes (but keep in mind that this, on me, does not look natural or anything similar, actually it looks very fake; with "Sexy Curves" I get noticeable lashes, just not as an obvious "I sport mascara straight in your face!" look). I'd say this won't work as well with sparse, flat lashes, but at least with long lashes that get enough curl with an eyelash curler, the results are actually good. You have to work the brush through the lashes and be careful as in my experience, it may accumulate and stick some lashes together, but this is easy avoidable. So, if you are okay with not that much volume but long, dark and curvy and a little more than natural lashes, want something cheap and your lashes have somewhat of curl, this is pretty good in comparison with other mascaras in the same range.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/29/2012 3:00:00 PM More reviews by sarasophia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

One of the best mascaras I have tried recently. Whenever I apply this my lashes look literally 'fake' but in a good way, without having to much product on. Gives me amazing length. I can't really say much about the curves its suppose to hold as I have very curled lashes anyway.