July 30, 2014 | 1873 users online

Hair - Moroccanoil - Moroccan Oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2013 7:41:00 AM More reviews by ultravee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

First of all I will say that even though this is no miracle product I still gave it a 5 because it is the best one I've tried so far and whatever other similar product I occasionaly give a try I always return to Moroccanoil treatment.
Second, what I believe makes this 'oil' so good is that they somehow found a ratio of oil and silicone and whatever else is in there that really works.
My view on hair care is this: hair, once damaged, cannot be healed. Whoever tells you it can, lies. What can be done is, it can be made to look better by coating it in oil and silicone. This also makes it easier to comb preventing further damage. Also, it makes it dry faster so less heat will be used and again - less damage to the hair.
My routine is: I wash my hair with silicone free shampoo (currently using one from Vichy), use a silicone free conditioner (also from Vichy) - all this to avoid 'oversiliconizing' my hair which would make it very oily too soon - gently comb my hair with a wide tooth comb with the conditioner still on, wash it all off, dry it with a towel without rubbing it, use two pumps of Maroccanoil original treatment all over but avoiding roots, comb it again and then, if I can, let it air dry.
When treated like this my hair is a lot more shiny, feels softer to the touch, falls better, it is easier to straighten and overall looks more healthy. And when I leave Moroccanoil out of this equation I never get the same result. It does speed up the drying process, it does not make my hair more oily (but then again I never use it near my roots) and does not weight it down. The silicone in this never changed the color of my highlights in any way.
Ever since I've been using this routine my hair, previously very damaged with highlighting and heat has gotten its life back.
I have used both the original and the light formula and would always recommend the original because the only difference I see is that the light one is less dense and less saturated. So if you want less of the effect just use the original one in smaller amount and save money. For me, two pumps of the original produce the same effect as four pumps of the light one.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2013 10:38:00 PM More reviews by cb0001

I have been using this product for 5 years. A bottle goes a long way so even though it's pricey, it will last more than a year. I don't consider this product to be a miracle worker but I like that it makes my hair smooth, frizz-free, and protects it from heat from styling tools. The dark bottle is essential for oils to be stored in.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/7/2013 10:28:00 PM More reviews by BrunetteHairGoddess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am a professional hairstylist and for the price this is a VERY over hyped item. Most things I am able to purchase on professional discount though my stylist supplier such as Cosmopro ectra, I went out on a whim and paid full price for this and I think its rather rubish for the amount of money they want. I mean lets be honest here aside from the romantic feeling people get when envisioning the picture that M-oil has painted though there marketing its really nothing out of the ordinary.. In fact in my opinion its a rather less then average product with an excellent marketing team behind them. I mean hey I cant deny the marketing after all they drew me in for full price lol. Aside from the perfomance issues the packaging is beautiful and makes it look more expensive and special then it actually is. It is my favorite packaging on a serum.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2013 10:28:00 AM More reviews by chouinardamber

I absolutely love this product! I feel like it keeps my hair looking healthy, and feeling healthy! I hardly notice any split ends, and it's so soft! Not to mention it smells amazing! I totally recommend this product if you're looking for something to maintain healthy hair, it's a little pricey for even just a small bottle, however a little bit goes a long way and even the small bottle lasts a really long time. Definitely worth it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2013 10:05:00 AM More reviews by gc2011

LOVE.

I have fine but thick hair with whole-head color and highlights (I'm naturally a brunette but like to have a little salon oomph added, lol). I've religiously used Bumble and Bumble's Styling Lotion and I love it, but noticed that my normally smooth hair was getting tangles, dry ends, flyaways, and just didn't look its best. And when you spend money on color, you want it to look great!

I read and reviewed as much as possible about this product, and decided to try it - I apply to damp, towel-dried hair, from middle to ends, and it works absolute wonders. All the tangles, flyaways, etc were gone on the FIRST use. My layers hang nicely, and the shine is blinding. It makes my hair smooth and doesn't get oily or weigh it down. That said, I don't use more than a pea-sized amount on my hair, and I have a lot of hair, so I think too much product probably wouldn't be a good thing.

I purchased the small bottle for around $16 - which seemed like a load but I can tell I will barely make a dent in it, even with daily use.

Highly recommended.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/26/2013 7:30:00 PM More reviews by Sassafraz

Originally started using this product about 2 years ago. The first 6 months or so it did WONDERS! I was constantly getting compliments on my hair, and it definitely left my hair feeling softer and shinier. However, as time goes on I'm finding it isn't having the same effect (maybe I'm just used to it?) I'm also finding it leaves my hair a little greasier than normal at times. Haven't noticed any effect in so far as hair growth. Overall, the compliments I received when I first used this product is reason enough to recommend it

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2013 11:52:00 PM More reviews by JaneWhit99

Moroccan Oil has done wonders for my hair! I have thick, dry damaged hair from coloring and using heat appliances. After using this oil consistently for 2 weeks my hair feels completely renewed and nourished. It smells amazing and the packaging is very pretty :) The only drawback about this product is that it can only be purchased at a specialty beauty store such as Sephora, Nordstroms, Macys, or online of course.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2013 2:58:00 PM More reviews by ChrissiRose

This is by far my favorite hair care product. I have been using it for years. It gives your hair a shine and makes it smooth and frizz free. It smells amazing. I couldn't live without this.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2013 7:42:00 PM More reviews by iSeptember

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this product, but I'm starting to suspect it gives my blond hair a yellowish tone... Does anyone have the same problem? I mean I walked out of the salon with a beautiful blonde (closer to platinum) tone and three days later, after I washed my hair and applied Moroccan Oil for blonde hair, I had this yellowish bottle blonde happening!
Anyone?

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2013 9:44:00 PM More reviews by Reyestrojan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Over the past few years I have realized that I need to use some type of hair serum to moisturize, protect, and add shine to my hair. My hair was constantly dry, getting in knots, and would look completely fried at the end of the day. On a whim I decided to try Moroccan oil and I couldn't be happier. It has given life to my hair and it is so much more manageable now. I have yet to find another product that has given me the same results. Although it is a bit expensive, it is totally worth it to protect and rejuvenate your hair. I pour a small amount in the palm of my hand and rub on the ends of my damp hair. It instantly feels silkier and smells absolutely wonderful!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No