Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer SPF 15

3.8

Active Ingredients: Zinc Oxide 4.20%, Titanium Dioxide 2.45%. Other Ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, Isododecane, Polysilicone-11, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Hexyl Laurate, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isosterate, Stearic Acid, Alumina

on 9/8/2014 7:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is my HG primer!! I have learned that with my oily skin, I must have a primer otherwise wearing foundation is absolutely pointless for me. I tried this in a sample size from Sephora after the sales rep recommended it. It is hands down the best primer I have ever tried! I used to use smash box photo finish light, I have benefit porefessional, some tarte ones and none do the job that Hourglass Veil does. It makes my skin look so smooth under my foundation, holds my make up in place beautifully and keeps my oil at bay all day. I have purchased the full size and just love it so much! It's totally worth the price. They also make a smaller size for a bit cheaper. If you are oily, get this primer today!

on 9/8/2014 6:44:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This primer is absolutely gorgeous! It applies beautifully and literally makes your makeup last all day long. I don't have particularly oily skin, but have always struggled with breakthrough oil in my T-zone after a day of wearing makeup. No more. I do not need to blot when I use this primer. It's absolutely worth every cent - and I only use one pump and it covers my whole face, so the bottle will last a long time. Love it!

Amazing texture, ingredients and effects. Goes on like silk, absorbs oil where needed and also adds moisture where needed. Works with any foundation. A bit pricey but worth every cent. Great product!

For the price a little bit goes a LONG way, I also liked the velvet-like finish it gives to your skin. However I absolutely hate the smell of it, it kind of smells like old rusty metal, I have to thoroughly wash my hands after applying it, it also broke me out. I would not repurchase this at all, I'll stay with my smashbox one.

on 8/29/2014 3:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Just finished a deluxe sample of this primer...1 month of daily use.
I really like the silky feel of the primer as you apply to skin. Fills in pores nicely. No odor. Good wear time for my liquid foundations. Did not break me out. Still find that I prefer my smashbox (or monistat anti-chaf gel). Pricey but works well.

on 8/29/2014 12:49:00 AM

I bought this from Mecca Maxima... I was really excited to try it because I have read so many positive reviews and I am on the hunt for an awesome primer!!!

OK.... Yes I must say it did make my skin look pretty flawless... BUT.... I broke out so bad from it!!! Especially around my chin!!! Like the next day I had so many bumps!!! Once I stopped using it my breaks out disappeared... Lucky I only bought the trial size as I will NEVER put it on my skin again!!

on 8/25/2014 1:37:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I can't use this stuff. First off I hate the silicone feel of this. I put it on my face and whats left on my hands bothers me so much I have to wash my hands immediately. This product also gives me pimples. I used this once, got a pimple the next day. Didn't use for at least a month and brought it out again yesterday. Today I have a pimple. Being close to 40 I no longer have acne problems so I know it's from this product. Would not purchase again.

on 8/23/2014 3:43:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Best primer I've used. Light, dries quickly, keeps my foundation on like glue ( I actually still feel it stick at night when I have to remove my makeup). Ive slept with makeup on ( not intentionally ppl!) And I was shocked that I still had a decent amount of makeup on in the morning. Little expensive, but 1 drop goes a long way. Highly recommend!

on 8/22/2014 6:15:00 PM

As someone who's been a bit of a skeptic regarding primer, I bought the travel size on a whim at a Sephora store when I was in the states.
I am a skeptic no longer!! This primer glides on so smoothly across my face, leaving no weird streaks or residue. It is lightweight, and most importantly, it WORKS. My make up is still on my face after a full day. When I wipe my make up off at night, I'm not wiping off leftover makeup but almost all that I applied in the morning.
One squeeze of the pump is all I need for my whole face.
Although quite pricey in Australia, I'll definitely be purchasing the jumbo size when this one runs out!

Made my foundation look flawless and I actually think this stuff made my foundation stay put better than any other primer I've tried. My foundation looked flawless even after I've slept with makeup on for 2-3 hours (powernap!).

BUT, it breaks me out. I got some new pimples on my cheek, around my mouth and on my forehead. There are no other things that could break me out, I know it's this primer. I'm not prone to breaking out either actually, so I'm really sad about this..... Of course I won't repurchase and I will stop use it.

Popular Primer/ Correctors