September 30, 2014 | 1702 users online

Bronzers - BeneFit Cosmetics - HOOLA

rated 2 of 5 on 3/31/2014 2:18:00 AM More reviews by Lovepink7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This came in my Cabana Glama set. I like this a lot for a bronzer, but it's pricey. This isn't orange or anything and provides a nice contour. This shows up on my tan skin if only if I brush on it a couple times, so I believe this looks better on lighter skin tones. I detected no glitter, which I detest. It blends not that easily. You can brush it over your skin for a bronzed look or if you just want to look tan. You can find a dupe for this instead of paying about 28 bucks for the full size (cough, NYC sunny bronzer, cough). It is nice, but not worth its price.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2014 12:09:00 PM More reviews by Cosmetalogical

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love Hoola, its a great matte bronzer for my fair complexion (NC15-20). I love to use it as a contour and an all over face bronzer in summer, it blends out perfectly if you use a good brush (not the rubbish one in the box) and a light hand. I'm very happy with it - I'm nearly out of my first one and although I would buy it again, I'm going to try a cheaper option (Body shop honey bronzer shade 3, which I have heard good things about).

rated 2 of 5 on 3/24/2014 4:39:00 PM More reviews by sarahmedeiros

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Alright, so this will definitely be a downer on most of the positive reviews, but maybe it'll cheer those people up who are on the fence about buying this. I purchased this for the simple reason that it is so hyped up on youtube, it seems to have no flaw. For the price- ouch, 36 dollars for bronzer??- I was expecting perfection. I don't usually splurge on makeup when it's not foundation, and before this was perfectly happy with my NYC Mosiac bronzer, but wanted to see what all the fuss was about. I was disappointed.

First off, I dislike the packaging. It's cardboard like and the types of brushes I enjoy using for bronzer don't fit quite right into the package, leaving me twisting them and getting too much product. After shaking the brush, when I applied it, it appeared quite muddy with only one layer. I'm NC20 and can usually wear chocolate colored bronzers, but this wouldn't work. It appeared swiped straight on even with blending, and looked completely unnatural.

For the price, this is not worth it. I returned it today after a week's attempt to make it work, but no such luck. Back to my NYC powder I go, and happily so.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/24/2014 4:19:00 PM More reviews by LolaKandler

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This bronzer doesn't go very well onto my skin, it doesn't blend well, and is particularly pricey for what it is. I don't really like the shade, and was quite disappointed to say its Benefit! Would not buy this product again, it also smells strange.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2014 6:18:00 PM More reviews by Mathildish

Perfect bronzer. I'm very pale and it still works, just don't over do it. Doesn't go on orange at all! Basically an amazing product :)

rated 3 of 5 on 3/13/2014 9:35:00 PM More reviews by Griffin13

Suggested for contouring. Agreed, works fine for this. Does not last long, easily rubs off. A bit orange on me.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/12/2014 8:00:00 PM More reviews by evill_fishy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been a faithful hoola user for while now, but I think the turning point has been reached and it's time for me to move onto something else. This bronzer has some great things going for it, but it's just not what I'm looking for anymore. To be clear, I do not use bronzer to make myself look more tan (in fact I generally try to avoid this at all costs). If this is something you're looking for I think hoola would be a great option because its matte finish lends itself to a quite natural finish on the skin, unlike many of the glitter filled options on the market. What I (and a lot of other girls) use hoola for is strictly contouring, and in this capacity its matte finish has also been known to be a big plus (shadows don't sparkle). I like to use hoola after I've done all my concealing and foundation, at which point I'll swipe this along my jawline, around my forehead, under my cheekbones and down the sides of my nose. The powder is silky smooth and the brush included is actually soft and perfect for this function.

However, the qualm I have with hoola is the shade. I am a fair asian NC20 and I find that this bronzer just leans much too orange to imitate a natural shadow. In the pan it looks to be a pretty neutral brown shade, and to be honest it is a lot less orange than most bronzers out there. The problem is, on my fair skin the orange undertones seem to show through a lot more making my foundation look much darker and off coloured. I think this could work a lot better as a contour on someone NC30 and darker, but for lighter skinned individuals like me, a more neutral toned ashy shade would be a better choice. I also suspect hoola to be the culprit that clogs my pores occasionally, so sensitive skins beware. I have been experiencing a few bumps on occasion in the areas where I contour, and they seem to disappear when I give me skin a break from this. Finally, the packaging, while cute, is far from functional. The cardboard box gets really beat up, there's no way of keeping the mirror clean, and the square shape makes it pretty hard to get anything besides the included brush to make contact with the pan.

Alas, so ends my love affair with hoola. I am now off to experience new things with NYX's Taupe and MAC's Sculpting Powder in Sculpt! Any other fair girls seeking a contour, feel free to check my reviews on these two in the near future.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2014 12:51:00 PM More reviews by sunny899

Love this Bronzer. It is a bit pricey I suppose but it lasts forever and is so pigmented its fab. I use it everyday. Gives you a lovely natural (ish) bronzed,"I caught the sun" look. I'll def buy this again wen it runs out

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2014 8:50:00 PM More reviews by aliciabanwell

I LOVE this bronzer so much! It is a little too expensive for an every-day BRONZER so I use NYC smooth skin bronzing face power in shade Sunny and it works almost the same. The Benefit is more pigmented, but for the $2.99 price tag, the NYC one works amazing!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/4/2014 7:50:00 AM More reviews by gwmagic77

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

It is an okay bronzer color. I could get another color that compliments my skin tone more. For me, it turns slightly orange.