July 28, 2014 | 2045 users online

Lipstick - Lipstick Queen - Medieval

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2010 12:22:00 PM More reviews by lele118

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I want a natural lip stained color with no shimmer or texture. I read about this product in a “top 10 must have’s” Beauty column. I ordered this from the Beauty Queens web-site and had it within 7 days. I am very pleasantly surprised. It does exactly what was advertised. It glides on easy, leaves no shimmer or texture, just a hint of color with the slightest sheen. On my lips, the red color is brighter rather than deep. Not a deep red like the stick color would have you think. I find it moisturizing and apply one layer, blot and another layer and blot. My lips look natural.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2010 10:47:00 PM More reviews by rediska

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I liked the wash of sheer colour that it gave, but I had issues with the texture. It's deceivingly smooth and creamy, but all that creaminess does not translate into hydration for the lips - so underneath that sheer smooth layer, my lips were left dry.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/27/2010 5:44:00 PM More reviews by litgirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have pigmented lips and this lipstick doesn't work for me - it turns an unflatering purple/berry color, which looks very unnatural, nothing close to the so called "bitten look". Even swiped lightly the color is quite vivid. The texture is nice. For a really nice red lip look I use armani's lipwax #4, patted gently with a finger and topped with korres Wild Rose lip balm - perfection!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2010 1:32:00 PM More reviews by valeriellen

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I saw this lipstick on QVC and I couldn't stop watching- I had to have a sheer red that WORKS. I've been on the hunt for a sheer my-lips-but-better color to have in my purse at all times, and Medieval is my SAVIOR. It is smooth and creamy, and delivers just the right amount of color. If I could only own one lipstick (horrors!), this would be the one. One coat gives you a bit of color, two gives your lips some shine and color, three coats and POP! Your lips are cherry red and your whole face brightens! I can already tell you I will need another of these, one to keep with my makeup and one for the purse. Me LOVEY!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2010 7:10:00 PM More reviews by karmabum

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Great sheer red and is buildable too. I am afraid of red lipsticks since I am pale with dark hair. They tend to make me look too clowny or too vampire. This one is sheer and 1 coat looks like a natural but rosier lip or several coats can look more intense. It wears well and is moisturizing. Like the reviewer below, most reddish tints or stains tend to go pink or me or wear unevenly but this wears nicely and can work for every day. The price is a bit high but the quality is great. The only comparable color and moisturizing wear I have found is Korres Wild Rose lip butter but you have to get your fingers dirty with that one since it is in a pot. I like the lipstick packaging of this tint since it is easier to carry and more sanitary. Great color for us pale girls who are chicken sh*t when it comes to a red lippie:)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2010 9:03:00 AM More reviews by Avellaneda

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Would I buy this again? Hell yes! This is exactly what I've been looking for in terms of color. I use it over Chanel Aqua Rouge Crayon in Rouge for perfect red lips. Unfortunately, it doesn't last as long as I'd like, but as it wears off, the stain left behind is beautiful - quite pleased overall. Now to find the sinner/saint version. (I can tell you right now, it isn't Red Sinner - hello clowny mcclown mouth.)

For reference, Med Asian skin (really med, that will turn blue/reds fuscia and make brown/reds look dead) black hair, brwn eyes.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2010 6:55:00 PM More reviews by watsonsmummy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was excited to try this so I'm really disappointed that Medieval didn't work for me. It went kind of orangey and didn't look bitten or flushed at all. It seemed moisturizing but had a greasy feel I didn't like. I'm still giving it three lippies because it seems like a quality product that was just wrong for me.

IMO, $25 (with shipping) is way too much for anything less than a HG . I'll stick with my $1.00 N.Y.C. Sheer Red.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2010 10:17:00 AM More reviews by joeyemma

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Alert! Alert! I am going to declare something my first ever HG lip product! This stuff is awesome! For reference I am a neutral leaning NC20 with dark brown hair.

Pros
Awesomely moisturising, doesn't dry lips out at all. I think this is the only lipstick I have used that isn't drying.
Gorgeous glossy finish.
The colour is awesome- it looks a frightening blood red in the tube, but goes on a sheer wash of berry beautiful red.
Colour and finish combined make this much more than just a tinted lip balm.

Cons
Hmmm... Struggling to think of any. Its quite expensive- £19.50 from Space NK, however UK based Ebay seller Maptasy is selling them for £14.99 including P&P. They have a make me an offer bit and I managed to get mine delivered for £11 (a bid of £10.50 was rejected).

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2010 11:20:00 AM More reviews by littlemisswrite

Generally I don't like wearing lipstick or gloss during the day so I was delighted to find a tinted lip moisturiser. Medieval is super-moisturising - perfect for these cold winter days when my lips dry out so easily - and tinted a gorgeous red. I have brown/black hair, green eyes and very fair skin and Medieval looks amazing on me. There's nowhere near as much pigment as in lipstick but there's enough colour to get me noticed and make me feel lovely. I feel super-confident wearing this during the day and have no idea how I lived without it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2010 1:37:00 PM More reviews by RainWitch

I don't know why so many people are saying this is just a coloured lipbalm! It is fairly sheer, but it has far more pigment than any lip balm I've ever seen and isn't really as moisturising as one.

Price and packaging: I bought this for £19.50 from SpaceNK (I live in England but the product is the same.) This is very expensive for a lipstick, but I truly think it's the best out there that I've found. The packaging is very nice too, plastic holding it onto a card with the Biblical scene of Eve and the apple tree printed on it, but upside down. This symbolizes how upside down our world has become. Each element of the picture symbolizes something, which you can see on http://www.lipstickqueen.com/product_frame.htm It adds a bit of unusualness to the lipstick! As to the casing of the actual product, it is a shiny metal casing that is very durable and feels satisfyingly heavy to hold. It certainly won't get broken or scratched in your makeup bag. Lipstick Queen in gold letters is on the lid, and on the bottom is a little sticker that gives the name, the weight, the brand and an identifying number stamped on.

Scent and appearance:

Amazingly, this has no scent whatsoever. Amazing! If you like a scent in a lipstick, that's fine, but scent is a very personal thing and what one person likes,another will hate. Lipstick Queen has done the sensible thing here I think. As to appearance, it's a standard bullet shape.

How to use and my opinion:

I always pop on a little balm (Lush Lip Service) before any lipstick, but the one time I tried it without it went on perfectly. This is how I do all my lipstick:

1) Apply balm.

2) Apply layer of lipstick. Blot with cotton pad.

3) Apply another layer. Blot with cotton pad.

4) Apply coating of Lipcote (keeps lipstick on)

And done! This stays on all day as far as I've noticed. If it does wear off, it does so all over, and doesn't leave a ring around my lips.This is definitely my go-to l/s of a morning. It adds colour to my pale skin, and I usually wear it with a dusting of blusher and powder and a neutral brown eye. Great for work or school.If it ever runs out, I will buy again immediately. An HG I think!