November 27, 2014 | 1402 users online

Lipstick - Lipstick Queen - Medieval

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2010 12:20:00 PM More reviews by Pipmelad

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My lips are quite red naturally, and I have spent years trying to find a colour that looks natural, and this is fantastic. During the day it is quite sheer but it can be made to be more of a statement if you want. The blurb on the back says that it will give you that just bitten lip look and that is really what it looks like on me. I have some other lipsticks by Poppy but this is my absolute must have and I really want to buy another so I can have one on my dressing room table and one in my bag

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2010 4:17:00 PM More reviews by Lonz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

Every time I wear this, my husband wants to kiss it off. He says its the only non-intimidating thing I wear (besides lip balm) and it makes my mouth look 'delicious'. Enough said. :)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2010 7:36:00 PM More reviews by miki08

My first lipstick queen product (I got it in the discovery kit along with two other lipstick that I also love). It's a subtle red that looks so pretty on me (NC20) but I think it'll look good on any skin tone. I've always wanted to wear red lipstick, but never got round to it. You can build the color if you want a more intense red. The lipstick is so moisturizing and lightweight, not sticky at all. It bathes my lips with luxurious moisture that feels so good! I love medieval and will continue to purchase it as long as the company makes this!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2010 11:41:00 PM More reviews by Tovah

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is what I've always wanted for everyday wear, but was never able to find: a sheer red lip color that looks natural, is comfortable, and lasts a long time. Until now I haven't found a lip color that has met each of those characteristics in one product. I've tried BeneTint, Tarte, LipTini, Bare Escentuals, and the list goes on. The closest I'd come is Fresh Sugar Rose (spf 15), and I've been using it for over a year. I love it, but to be utterly perfect I wanted something with more concentrated pigment. With Fresh, the moisture lasts for hours, but the color doesn't last as long. Medieval is everything I wanted and more. The color is absolutey gorgeous. It can look like "my lips but better", or it can look more dramatic, depending upon how many layers I choose to add. It's extremely moisturizing, (right up there with Fresh), but it is unscented and tasteless. It's so natural-looking, that even up close it's hard to to tell that I have any enhancement on my lips. It's like a very light, soft balm that leaves a soft wash of stain that's visible 6-7 hours after application. It plumps my lips, fills in dryness, and makes my lips look smooth and flawless. Best of all, it doesn't creep off my lips like many other lip colors. I don't need any sort of liner or topper for it. I'd buy this if it came in a brown bag, but, serendipitously, it comes in a beautiful, rich crimson lipstick case that looks classy, yet interesting. The tarot-looking card (it's not a Tarot card) that comes with the lipstick is a fun stimulus for my inner eccentric. The descriptions of the symbolism on Lipstick Queen's website paint a pretty grim picture, but I suppose they're meant to convey the popular philosophies of certain people-groups during Medieval times. The whole idea reminds me of the concepts behind the Black Phoenix Alchemy Labs perfume oils, and I just LOVE it. I'm a complete sucker for artistic quirkiness, so the little cards that come with Lipstick Queen lipstick make me enjoy it even more! It's been said hundreds of times, but I'll say it again: Medieval is an amazing product. It's truly top-notch, and one-of-a-kind. I sincerely believe Poppy King when she says she "listens" so she knows what customers want from their lip products. So many of us have been wearing glosses for years because we were afraid of looking at our reflections in the mirror and seeing our Nanas (sans the blonde wig and drawn-on eyebrows, hopefully). Lipstick Queen lipsticks give me an entirely new and positive view of lipstick, and I'm having a ball learning how many colors I actually can wear!

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2010 12:22:00 PM More reviews by lele118

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I want a natural lip stained color with no shimmer or texture. I read about this product in a “top 10 must have’s” Beauty column. I ordered this from the Beauty Queens web-site and had it within 7 days. I am very pleasantly surprised. It does exactly what was advertised. It glides on easy, leaves no shimmer or texture, just a hint of color with the slightest sheen. On my lips, the red color is brighter rather than deep. Not a deep red like the stick color would have you think. I find it moisturizing and apply one layer, blot and another layer and blot. My lips look natural.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2010 10:47:00 PM More reviews by rediska

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I liked the wash of sheer colour that it gave, but I had issues with the texture. It's deceivingly smooth and creamy, but all that creaminess does not translate into hydration for the lips - so underneath that sheer smooth layer, my lips were left dry.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/27/2010 5:44:00 PM More reviews by litgirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have pigmented lips and this lipstick doesn't work for me - it turns an unflatering purple/berry color, which looks very unnatural, nothing close to the so called "bitten look". Even swiped lightly the color is quite vivid. The texture is nice. For a really nice red lip look I use armani's lipwax #4, patted gently with a finger and topped with korres Wild Rose lip balm - perfection!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2010 1:32:00 PM More reviews by valeriellen

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I saw this lipstick on QVC and I couldn't stop watching- I had to have a sheer red that WORKS. I've been on the hunt for a sheer my-lips-but-better color to have in my purse at all times, and Medieval is my SAVIOR. It is smooth and creamy, and delivers just the right amount of color. If I could only own one lipstick (horrors!), this would be the one. One coat gives you a bit of color, two gives your lips some shine and color, three coats and POP! Your lips are cherry red and your whole face brightens! I can already tell you I will need another of these, one to keep with my makeup and one for the purse. Me LOVEY!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2010 7:10:00 PM More reviews by karmabum

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Great sheer red and is buildable too. I am afraid of red lipsticks since I am pale with dark hair. They tend to make me look too clowny or too vampire. This one is sheer and 1 coat looks like a natural but rosier lip or several coats can look more intense. It wears well and is moisturizing. Like the reviewer below, most reddish tints or stains tend to go pink or me or wear unevenly but this wears nicely and can work for every day. The price is a bit high but the quality is great. The only comparable color and moisturizing wear I have found is Korres Wild Rose lip butter but you have to get your fingers dirty with that one since it is in a pot. I like the lipstick packaging of this tint since it is easier to carry and more sanitary. Great color for us pale girls who are chicken sh*t when it comes to a red lippie:)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2010 9:03:00 AM More reviews by Avellaneda

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Would I buy this again? Hell yes! This is exactly what I've been looking for in terms of color. I use it over Chanel Aqua Rouge Crayon in Rouge for perfect red lips. Unfortunately, it doesn't last as long as I'd like, but as it wears off, the stain left behind is beautiful - quite pleased overall. Now to find the sinner/saint version. (I can tell you right now, it isn't Red Sinner - hello clowny mcclown mouth.)

For reference, Med Asian skin (really med, that will turn blue/reds fuscia and make brown/reds look dead) black hair, brwn eyes.