July 30, 2014 | 1495 users online

Mascara - BeneFit Cosmetics - BADgal Plum

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2010 10:08:00 PM More reviews by maddsox

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I usually like BeneFit products. However, this mascara was a big disappointment. I have tried the regular BADgal in black and was disappointed with that mascara in terms of brush size (too big) and formula (a bit flakey). However, I was willing to overlook those flaws and give this gorgeous color a whirl. I have brown eyes and thought the plum color would play up nicely.

On my bare lashes, this color DID NOT SHOW UP at all. For reference, I have dark brown lashes and black hair. Two coats left behind the slightest hint of color that faded to nothing within 2 hours.

Using Lancome CilsBooster XL, the plum color showed up more and lasted a bit longer, but tended to clump a bit. And it still wanted to flake away as the day wore on. Clumping with my CilsBooster is a problem I have with all of the BADgal mascaras regardless of color. :(

Using MUFE Lash Fibers, I had the best results. This offered me the most vibrant color payoff and didn't clump, which is weird b/c I find that most of my mascaras clump more with the MUFE than with the Lancome. However, the BADgal wanted to flake away faster using the MUFE primer.

I got this as a freebie at Sephora and am so glad I did not pay the full prices for it. With a primer, the color was nice. However, the flaking was a big issue for me. I'll stick with less expensive mascaras that don't clump as easily with or without my 2 favorite primers.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2009 2:07:00 AM More reviews by Kdoll222

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I loved the color as soon as I saw it and I thought it might play nicely with my brown eyes. When the MUA put this on me my eyelashes were standing twice as tall as usual and the color was subtle yet vibrant. I really enjoy this mascara I know a lot of people have gripes about it being dry, mediocre or terrible but I like it. I probably would purchase again, but I try different mascaras all the time so I will probably move on after its done.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/9/2009 6:37:00 PM More reviews by HRC

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is fine, but not really that great of a mascara. The color is fun, nice for when you want something a little quirky and cuter than the basic. But really over all, meh.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2009 8:51:00 PM More reviews by blog_antagonist

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Ick. This was my first experience with BadGal mascara. I had bought an inexpensive garnet colored Cover Girl mascara on impulse and absolutely loved it. With my red hair, black mascara looks too harsh and brown is just dull. Garnet is the perfect choice for my coloring and makes my green eyes really pop. But the color in the Cover Girl is pretty subtle. While that's perfect for everyday, I was looking for something with a bit more color for a more glam effect when I want to vamp it up a bit. I had the Bourjeois plum mascara in my basket when I ran across the BadGal plum. I've used many BeneFit products and unlike many people, am generally pleased with their quality. Since I had no experience with Bourjeois, I decided to go with the known brand. It turned out to be an ill-advised choice for many reasons.

First, it was ridiculously expensive, although you do get a very large tube of product. Second, the brush was very large and awkward. I found it nearly impossible to get my lower lashes and the smaller lashes at the corners without getting more product on already coated lashes above or adjacent. Third, something about the formula caused my lashes to stick straight out, despite having curled them. I tried curling before and after application, but the results were the same. Fourth, I found that it did not ever seem to dry thoroughly, which made my lashes feel gummy and heavy and just altogether unpleasant. Fifth, and probably most disappointing, the color was not nearly as vivid on my lashes as it had been on my hand. It was no more noticeably plum than the Cover Girl version I had already tried and liked. And the Cover Girl product thickened and lengthened much better, without the clumping and gooeyness that I found with the BeneFit brand.

I've heard so much about BadGal mascara, but in my experience, it did not live up to the hype at all. $20 for a mediocre mascara or $7 for a pretty decent one? That's a no brainer. Save yourself some money and try the Cover Girl Exact Eyelights mascara in Black Ruby.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2009 12:49:00 AM More reviews by chocolatetresses

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this masacar!!! I was at the benefit counter at macy's and I noticed that this brand does not cater to WOC, so the mua suggested the Bad Gal Blue for the summer and it was way to dramatic for me, so she suggested the Plum and I was instantly in love. I use it almost everyday, it makes my puuney lashes full and dramatic w/o the use of falsies. Will purchase again. Beautiful on my brown skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/11/2009 12:46:00 AM More reviews by marildu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I've never seen my lashes this long. I wish there was a little more volume. I had no problems with clumping. I did feel like this made the whites of my eyes brighter and my green eyes warmer, but nothing drastic.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2009 2:26:00 PM More reviews by reneek74

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I quite love this mascara- I have hazel (more on the green side) eyes, and WOW does this mascara make them pop! I have gotten lots of compliments on my eyes recently: I've been told by multiple people they "sparkle"! Can't beat that complement. I do curl my lashes, and use a neutral eyeshadow (usually a shimmery champagne/beige) when I use this particular mascara. Really brings out my eyes. Took off a lippy because I notice the formula is a little bit drying and it's not cheap, but I would definitely repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/4/2009 4:52:00 PM More reviews by Sadbh123

This is a really harsh formula or something it hurt my eyes so much :(
&& it was barely noticable.
A waste of money !

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2009 1:52:00 PM More reviews by tuffins

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This mascara gets 2 lippies for the brush alone. Everything else sucks about it though. The plum shade makes me look tired and I find that it smudges making my dark circles more purple. It did a good job lenghtening and I have decided I am going to wash the brush and use it with another mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2009 8:32:00 AM More reviews by teveille

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great daytime mascara when you want to look like you're lashes are huge, but not too dramatic - if that makes sense hehe. I need it on my eyes everyday.
It holds my curl better than any other mascara , and doesn't flake. Washes off easily so I'm not left with panda eyes the next day like I get with normal black mascaras.
The subtle plum colour really brings out my eyes and I love it against golds, browns, neutrals - anything!
Pair it with UD 24/7 pencil in 1999 - gooorgous as the colours match :)