April 19, 2014 | 1774 users online

Eyeliner - Maybelline - Define-A-Line Eyeliner in Ebony Black

rated 1 of 5 on 5/9/2011 4:14:00 PM More reviews by starburst1824

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The worst eyeliner... it goes on very smooth but was all over my face soon after. Even using it with eyeshadow primer, it was a disaster. I tried using it a second time and it had the same results so I definitely would not recommend this product unless you're a fan of raccoon eyes!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/6/2011 7:20:00 PM More reviews by bebe865

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

ugh! This goes on really smoothly. I like the smudger. I only put it on my top lashline and within 2 hours I had 1/4" raccoon eyes on my lower lashline. This was with Urban Decay Primer Potion on the my lids. Won't be buying this again.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/16/2011 7:23:00 PM More reviews by Divab16

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

This eyeliner smudges like crazy! I have normal to dry skin, and every single time I wear it, whether it's on my upper lashes or my waterline, I always end up with this liner smudged underneath my eyes. It goes on smoothly and applies easily, but it's not worth the smudging. I threw it away.

I would not buy this product again.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/13/2011 6:29:00 PM More reviews by littlepinkpony

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

When I used this, I had two big complaints: It broke off pretty easily, and it was so smudgy. :( I would make the mistake of using the smudge maker thing at the end of the eyeliner a lot, and eventually it never smudged, it rubbed old eyeliner onto my eye. -_- And of course, whenever I stepped into the shower with it on, if I had it on my waterline it wouldn't run down my face, it would just drip into my eyes. I would buy it again for occasional use though, because it gave decent color payoff and looked amazing with black eyeshadow :)
EDIT: To make this stay on and not smudge you have to set it with black eyeshadow! Or even dark gray, it works. and then it's amazing! (:

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2011 11:43:00 PM More reviews by pinkfrost52

This liner smudges terribly! I applied it to both my upper lashline and lower waterline and within 20 min saw horrible smudges on both my eyelid crease and under my eye area. It did not stay on my waterline at all! It did go on smoothly, and has a pretty creamy formula. If your looking for a smudgy liner look, this may work for you, but I prefer more defined lines so do not recommend this.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/27/2011 1:15:00 PM More reviews by chrisvelley

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I absolutely HATE this eyeliner even though this thing comes on smoothly, after 5 minutes it won't matter because it begins to run EVERYWHERE! It runs so much that i looked like I was crying and I should be for the price I payed for this mess! Let's just say that I will never buy this again.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/12/2011 6:11:00 PM More reviews by hiphopdance5

Rich dark black
Creamy
Easy to apply and doesnt tug
Why the bad rating? SMUDGE SMUDGE SMUDGE...lord, I couldnt get this stuff to stay in the same place to save my life. Within 5 minutes, it was down my eyes, in the corners, everywhere. Ive seen bad eyeliners before but those usually come from those cheap brands that you can't expect much from anyways. I was surprised how much I disliked this eyeliner since I'm usually a fan of Maybelline cosmetics. O well, definitely won't be repurchasing but that's just my opinion.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2011 6:01:00 PM More reviews by mwebba1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this! My HG liner is Givency Magic Kajal and his is just as black and smudgy as that. I use it on the days I don't want to deal with Givenchy's extra chubby pencil. I love that this is skinny and you don't have to sharpen it. This does not smudge on me but I love these types of liners. I will be purchasing this again. Truly a black color. Wonderful on my NW45 skintone.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/4/2011 9:11:00 PM More reviews by Misshelenax

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Firstly, this eyeliner is the QUEEN of smudging.. whether you did it yourself or not.
The texture of it is quite nice and creamy and glides on well, but doesnt stay very long.
It really doesnt live up to its name of 'define' a line, because the line is not defined at all! The tip is too thick for me, and the 'sharper' that it comes with is pretty useless.
It works ok on the waterline, but doesnt last too long.
If you want a eyeliner for smoking out and smudging, give this a go, but dont waste your money if your looking for a more natural defined look.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2011 5:20:00 PM More reviews by Layni1006

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I use this eyeliner just about every day. It is very creamy and glides on a rich, dark black. I only use it on my top lash line, and I layer it over a lower-quality waterproof eyeliner I own from something else, and have no serious issues with smudging or fading. Couldn't say how it performs on the waterline; I mostly use kohl if I want to line my lower lid. I have bought this four or five times and will probably keep right on buying it. I have not found any other eyeliner I like as much.