Maybelline Define-A-Line Eyeliner in Ebony Black

2.3

on 7/29/2011 12:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

I had happily been using this product for several years in both the black and brown/black colors. The product was packaged in a solid color pencil stick - all black for the black pencil and all brown for the brown pencil. About a year ago Maybelline changed the packaging to a green pencil with either a back or brown cap. At that time they also appear to have changed the formula. The black now smears within am hour of application and I wind up looking like a racoon. The brown is barely adequate. Unfortunately I bought several on a 2 for 1 sale and now have unusable pencils clogging my makeup drawer.

on 7/6/2011 11:27:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I don't know why other people don't like this eyeliner. I personally love it. It's the best eyeliner I have tried from the drugstore. I use this on the lower lashline and tightline. It's super pigmented. Doesn't irratate my eye (i wear contacts). It does smuge but I've noticed that it doesn't start to smuge until after 5 hours and if i set it with black eyeshadow, it stays on all day. The price is great for this eyeliner. Will buy again!

on 7/4/2011 12:57:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

uck. waste of money!!! it runs, the pigmentation is bad, it has zero staying power. it will not stay on the water liner or upper lash liner. this is the worst eyeliner i hav ever come in contact with!

on 6/15/2011 5:08:00 PM

i just bought this eyeliner because it was the darkest one i could find in CVS. i put it on an hour ago and i just looked in the mirror, because i saw all the bad reviews of this eyeliner and it smudges so much! i cant believe it! this is outrageous. NEVER BUYING THINS AGAIN.

on 6/12/2011 1:40:00 AM

Goes on smooth and comes out dark which i do love, problem is it smeares and does not stay on i have to keep putting it on basically every hour and clean the smudged eyeliner away. I have bough this more than once just becuase i couldnt find any dark eyeliners.

on 5/19/2011 10:30:00 PM

I absolutely hate this! It goes on smoothly but smudges immediately! Glad to know I'm not the only one who hates it. It barely lasts five minutes. This was a waste of my money.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This eyeliner SMUDGES so badly D:.I applied this on morning and before i headed out the door,i looked in the mirror and i saw that the eyeliner had ran down my eyes and smeared and smudged all on my cheek and under eyes.Raccoon much?I had to take off all the eyeliner and all of my makeup that it had smudged on and apply a different eyeliner,it was a real hassle.Overall its bad and im never repurchasing it again.

on 5/15/2011 8:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

this sucks. it glides on really smoothly and is very black but it smudges as soon as i blink, not kidding. and the smudger is quite terrible, and it's WHITE. it just doesn't look good...yeah, don't buy this

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

The worst eyeliner... it goes on very smooth but was all over my face soon after. Even using it with eyeshadow primer, it was a disaster. I tried using it a second time and it had the same results so I definitely would not recommend this product unless you're a fan of raccoon eyes!

on 5/6/2011 7:20:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

ugh! This goes on really smoothly. I like the smudger. I only put it on my top lashline and within 2 hours I had 1/4" raccoon eyes on my lower lashline. This was with Urban Decay Primer Potion on the my lids. Won't be buying this again.