September 22, 2014 | 1949 users online

Makeup Brushes - The Body Shop - Mineral Foundation Brush

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2010 7:00:00 AM More reviews by Hamstershell

ABSOLUTE LOVE.... so soft, dense, no fallout, and it applies the powder all over evenly for me. I love love love this brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2010 5:54:00 PM More reviews by rileannas

This is a fantastic kabuki brush - perfect in every way except for the price (which still isn't too bad compared to MAC, etc). It's soft, sturdy, long-lasting, non-shedding, and makes my mineral makeup look infinitely better.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2010 9:17:00 PM More reviews by champagnestars

I was looking around for a kabuki brush & this the body shop does it again! i love this brush! its soft, so very gentle on your skin the bristles are quite dense which really helps in 'picking up' product. It's really easy to wash & clean too.
The only downside is that you have to get used to the stubby handle, unlike most brushes which has a long handle this doesn't & some people just don't like the fact that the handle is so stubby.

Wasn't the best packaging i've seen but the little pouch to keep your brush is really cute. Price wise it wasn't really cheap neither was it like high end (MAC) kind of price, i felt it was rather reasonable!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/20/2010 8:17:00 PM More reviews by sweettmaidenn

I am not happy with this brush at all. In the store it felt so soft and lovely I bought it, but I stopped using it because it cakes up my powder and looks horrible! Even though I use only a little mineral foundation, it cakes up. I even tried with different brands of powder, all does the same thing! I do not recommend, it is too dense for even application.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2010 2:53:00 AM More reviews by gingerrama

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

Fabulous short stubby brush, with very fine soft dense non-animal "hair." Great for a quick dusting of pressed or loose powder, or - as intended - for mineral foundation. Can also be used for blusher. There is also a blusher brush in the same "Nature's Minerals" series, that's a bit smaller and slightly cheaper. As others have reported, no shedding. Washes and dries like a dream, too.

Great as it's multi-purpose; also as it's so soft and fine on the skin - can actually "buff on" makeup comfortably. This is a big deal on very sensitive skin, the sort that goes red, irritated, and has even been known to tear at the slightest provocation.

I've had at least one off and on for a while: it has a habit of getting lost or being borrowed. Yet always repurchased.

Costs CAD 26.00 + tax. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2010 6:15:00 PM More reviews by Mairah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i've been wanting to get a kabuki brush for a while and when i saw this brush come as a set with the body shop mineral foundation at good price, i immediately bought it and had no regrets. the brush is really soft and gentle on the skin and though it sheds a little at the beginning, its normal i guess. definitely the best kabuki brush i have felt! the little black pouch it comes with is also handy for storing the brush during travelling and doesnt take up as much space as some pouches other kabuki brushes come with.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2009 5:12:00 PM More reviews by minax

I had to have this brush the minute I felt it in the shop. This is the best synthetic foundation "kabuki" style brush I have found and the first synthetic kabuki I have bought. It is a huge improvement in quality from other Body Shop brushes. This brush is almost as soft as my usual squirrel and goat hair kabukis but is much denser so it is easier to buff in mineral makeup with this. I have sensitive skin prone to redness so I usually avoid synthetic brushes which I find are not soft enough but I highly recommend this one. It was pricey at 18 but being synthetic it should be easier to maintain than natural hair brushes. It has a synthetic smell straight out of the packaging but it should fade away. I liked it enough to buy two, one for mineral makeup and one for powder foundation. The plastic holder looks cheap and also smells chemical-y straight out of the packaging, but should do the job of stopping powder from rubbing off to other things in my make up bag.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2009 10:09:00 AM More reviews by kalokairi

This is my first serious makeup brush and I'm so glad it is. I was browsing around TBS and when I touched this I. Fell. In. LOVE. I know I really want something when I don't forget it and, well, I didn't forget this one! So I bought it the next time I came upon another TBS branch.

This brush is so dense & soft it's practically ridiculous. Sometimes I run it on my face just because! The density allows for very easy control of this brush. I use this for my mineral foundation (TBS or Estee Lauder), my all-in-one face base, AND my Warm Sunset Trio blush. I bring it with me nearly all the time; it's that awesome. It's just awfully hard to clean, but because of this brush I started taking care of my makeup brushes seriously :) I love this forever and if I had the money I'd buy backups and the blusher kabuki too. I know I'm practically gushing but that's just how great this brush is. The case isn't much but it does its job and is relatively easy to clean as well. It is a bit pricey but totally worth every cent.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2009 3:01:00 PM More reviews by bawangbieji

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this brush 1 year ago and it hasn't shed even one strand. It's very soft and smooth. I wash it twice a week, dries very quickly and never loses its shape. Applies mineral foundation smoothly and gives very nice coverage.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2009 6:44:00 PM More reviews by grace123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I absolutely ADORE this brush. It's so lovely and soft, and it picks up just the most perfect amount of product. It's perfectly dense, and it buffs my mineral foundation beautifully. It doesn't shed, and it comes with a little convenient pouch too. It's not that expensive either ($38 NZD) so it is pretty much the most perfect kabuki out there. Love it.