November 27, 2014 | 1194 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - Body Butter Shea

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2011 11:15:00 PM More reviews by debbrumb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Love the Body Shop creams!! The shea has a very nice warm smell. Is not oily or too drying. I got 3 of them but gave the others as gifts. Their lip balms are great too! Wish there was a Body Shop closer!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2011 10:59:00 PM More reviews by ArizonaAngel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Definitely a heavier scent and product for warmer months, but I love this in the winter - it feels so cozy and warm and the extra moisture is comforting. The scent is warm and creamy. Sinks in well but it is heavy - great for knees and elbows and feet right before bed time. I keep a tub of this on my night stand and grab it whenever my hands feel dry or I need some extra moisture. I will buy this again!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2011 3:43:00 AM More reviews by MaryEllen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've been revisiting TBS's body butters lately after a long vacation from them. I got a great buy-five-pay-for-three deal, so I selected several scents. This is the third I've tried (after Mango and Satsuma) and agree that it is the most hard-core of the butters. This stuff gets down and does some serious moisturizing, which I need here in the desert. However, as other reviewers have noted, it has a scent. And it is awful. Strong and flowery. It smells like cheap bathroom air freshener. I started sneezing immediately after applying it. And it lingers. And lingers. I purchased a small tub of this and will use it up on my legs, but not on my upper body due to the, um, "scent." I would repurchase this if it did not reek because it performs so well, but I can't get past the odor. Back to Mango for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2011 8:54:00 AM More reviews by AxlsRose

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

The Shea range is my favourite from TBS. I love the clean kind of soapy smell it has. This is very moisturising. Lovely product for anyone who loves a clean fresh smell and has dry skin

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2011 6:40:00 PM More reviews by FakeLashes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this body butter, it is a richer butter but sinks in the skin easily, I don't find this sticky or anything. This makes my skin really soft, I tend to have the habit to lean on my elbow when I'm sitting at my desk and the skin there gets dry and hard, nothing really helped to make it soft again but this butter did! It's also great as a foot cream, just use it on your feet every night and they will be softer then soft. The scent is light floral/powdery, and smells clean like creamed skin if that makes sense. The scent will last quite long to so I would suggest you try it first to see if you like it. I bought this a couple times already and will continue to rebuy this.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2011 1:58:00 AM More reviews by Elfinoz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This isn't a product that I use all year round as it's too heavy in summer, but in winter it's great. I use it a lot on my hands, feet and legs. It's a very rich body moisturiser and I love the scent.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2011 9:53:00 AM More reviews by tadukhipa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

Gotta say that the first few minutes after applying it the smell was not as pleasant as I had expected. However 10-15 minutes later the smell was good, the skin was pretty moisturized.
I must admit that I did have higher expectations after reading a few reviews but over all it's good and I'll probably buy it again although it's kinda expensive.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2011 8:09:00 AM More reviews by liea

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This helped my dry legs so much that i want to kiss my tub every time i see it. will definitely buy

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2011 1:46:00 AM More reviews by Bsheth86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I had a groupon for the body shop and since i never buy their products, i thought it would be a good way to try their body butters. I bought this one in the largest size . I am surprised I like the smell of this..correction: love the smell. It's much better than the cocoa butter. This sinks right into my skin (compared to my Eucerin--which i love also) and doesn't feel greasy at all. Since it sinked right in, I wasn't sure if the moisture would last long but it did in fact i could tell the lotion was still there when i took a shower the next day. It is a pricey product but i am guessing it will last me some time ..i am going to review the aloe vera one next because i also bought that one.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2011 4:46:00 AM More reviews by GothicGal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I found this too heavy & thick. It didn't absorb into the skin well. And the scent wasnt delicious - which I didn't like either.

I hardly used this & it's wasting away in the cupboard.