April 17, 2014 | 1584 users online

Liquid - Guerlain - Parure Extreme

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2010 1:43:00 PM More reviews by drunkie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

i am one of those people who can't access the department store easily so i shop online including makeup. i recently ran out of foundation except some bottles i am not happy about. i have been on a foundation hunting so i got eight all at the same time LoL..sometimes i am crazy like that, i am just so insecure...so i brought 4 of the Guerlain foundation i could find,extreme/white/gold/aqua. i haven't used them on my face yet but i love the way they feel on my hand. light weight and easy to blend with no exception. i also had a tough time finding the shade, considering i cant match the shade with my face in person. for reference, i am NC 15 to NC20, closer to 20. i would consider myself as fairly light but i am not pale. i got the shade 01 beige pale. i checked out the Sephora website but the lightest shade they carry is beige clair02. for Guerlain foundation, beige pale01 is lighter than beige clair02 while 02 tends to appear more orange throughout the time so it will look oxidized on. beige pale is quite neutral, not too pink not too yellow, nice shade for NC15 to NC20 or even NW15ish i believe. however, if you are lighter than that, say,NC10..then you will have to look for #31 which is the palest shade available. if you are more yellow than neutral, #32 will do for light skin. except for these shade, others are all quite rosy and tend to run darker. so if you are fair, definitely look for beige pale(neutral and light) beige clair (medium already!) and #31(the lightest) and #32. i got 01 basically because i had terrible experience with a powder foundation i got in 02. it made me face look orange and muddy. i purchase chanel pro lumiere in 20 clair. 01 in guerlain is very similar to it, as a reference.
i will do updates after i experiment with them more.
edit:i just owe this fabulous foundation an update. HG status!definitely. i heve been using this for one two months on and off as it is quite expensive. then i ran out to buy a backup!i have notice several amazing qualities of this foundation i have to anounce its HG status.

1, its texture is not thick at all, kinda of liquidy,heavenly made for dry skin, or any skin with blotches and dry spots, or flaky skin. it does not cling to any of those!
2 blends like a dream, really!it is liquidy so it can go really far,but somehow the pigements are very dense that it provides medium to full coverage!
3, after removing the makeup, my face look radiant! like it has been through a facial treatment or sth amazing.this foundation is def very nourishing! funny enough that one time i had a a big pimple coming out on my chin,i put this foundation on, for 10 hours, when i removed it, the pimple was gone!no kidding.
.4 this foundation is very very long wearing.maybe not as solid as revlon color stay but RCS is very harsh for my thin skin. it can hold up as much as 12 hours without looking settled or flaky.absolutely the best finish from the moment i put it on till the moment i take it off.after 8hours, it gives my skin a very desirable luminous glow. love it.i wore it to KTV at 9pm and i came back home in the morning 7am, my face is fresh and put-together!how incredible is that?
i would recommend it for all skin types, it is just idiot proof. it is blendable and liquidy works really nice for my dry flaky skin, and the medium to full coverage makes it worth the money(why would i spend 60 dollars on a tinted product?)and the staying power would work for oiler skin too. love it love it~this is the only foundation i wear when my face is getting sensitive. it just calms my skin down. dont know what they put in guerlain foundations, but i notice the calming and nourishing quality in all their foundations, including powders!

15 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2010 3:32:00 AM More reviews by lala08

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

My HG foundation!!! This is it for me so far. I have combination skin and this works wonders! no caking at all and it gives you that fresh look for hours. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE! I'm on my 3rd bottle! I hope they don't discontinue this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2010 4:34:00 AM More reviews by alicilera

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This is by far, my HG LF! Finally I have found it! I want something that i can wear in SG's hot humid weather. Something more natural.. glowy. This will not hide major imperfections, but really smoothens out complexion! Imparts a glow when used with the Guerlain loose powder les voilettes in 001 translucent. NC20, using shade 032~
Soo natural, does not make me look too white/yellow/oxidize. I carry Guerlain travel touch during the day to touch up around the afternoon. LOVE GUERLAIN <3 Very classy packaging, though heavy for travel-sake

rated 3 of 5 on 9/13/2010 1:59:00 AM More reviews by xmifaz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This foundation is quite good on hot summer days and for high humidity climates but it's not suitable for year round wear unless you have really oily skin. My skin is normal in summer and get get quite dry in winter and this foundation works well when it's hot as it is mattifying and offers medium to full coverage but overall I would not repurchase as it is too drying on my skin and settles into fine lines and looks too heavy as I personally perfer sheerer to medium coverage, it's worth a try though as long as your skin is not dry. I have sensitive skin and this product did not irritate, however Parure Gold did irritate my skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2010 3:27:00 AM More reviews by aznbebebabe

Since I am always on a quest for a great foundation, I stumbled across this. I got the #4, which people were saying the coor range for Extreme runs a little darker than the Parure Aqua, which is good as it is summer and I am tan right now.

This is as close to perfection as it comes in foundation for me. It covers really well and lasts all day for me. This blends seamlessly into my skin and just makes it look great. The #4 color was perfect for my summer skin tone. The texture is a little runnier than I expected as this says it is a long wearing matte foundation I was expecting it to be thicker.

But regardless of the texture, once buffed into my skin, this looks great. I look like I have nice skin, not full of makeup. I love it. This is close to HG for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/14/2010 7:19:00 PM More reviews by foundationlover

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm one of the exceptions for this foundation. I didn't like it at all. First of all, the lady put me in a shade that turned pink and said it looked perfect so I bought it. That was my first mistake because at 58 and having sold high-end cosmetics, I know what looks good on me. I get it home, use my Lauder Day Wear moisturizer (which I love), apply the foundation and go to work. All day my face felt sticky and looked too pink. Ugh! I thought maybe the Day Wear was too much moisture but I still didn't like the shade so I exchanged it for another shade, bought a lighter moisturizer and tried it again. It still felt sticky and the staying power was not there. I was so disappointed and I will take this one back, too. This stuff doesn't even come close to YSL's Teint Resist (which is what I should have bought in the first place).

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2010 3:11:00 PM More reviews by sunday1966

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

About a year ago I've purchased parure extreme by Guerlain color 24. Weird stuff as far as I'm concerned. The texture is really watery which gave me the tendancy to apply more than necessary. Once applied it dried up to a matte finish. Unfortanetely it didn't give me the greatest coverage in the world and my skin got oily and shiny after a few hours. Another disadvantage is that ít's very expensive indeed (at least to my standards) and the color was slightly too fair for my dark complexion. Maybe I will give it another try during the winter. The packaging is nice though, it comes in a nice gold colored bottle with a handy pump. But hey, I'm not really interested in the beauty of the bottle, it's what's inside the bottle that matters to me.
EDIT: I've tried this foundation again and applied it with a foundation brush. I must say that it was much better this time. Good coverage, not cakey, felt light on the skin, not too matte. I've definitely changed my mind. A foundation brush can make a lot of foundations work!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2010 4:01:00 AM More reviews by BellaLena

I have combinaton to normal skin with the occasional breakout and I prefer good coverage on my face, but such is rarely achievable with a foundation which does not break me out. I fell in love with this one while trying out a few recommended (among which Revlon's Color Stay and Estee Lauder's Double Wear). I have yellowish undertones and I like my foundations to be pinky/peachy, so that I can neutralize that, so I took the 01 Beige Pale version. I like it, because:
- it is very long-lasting and water-proof and is excellent for the hot summer days when even norma skin tends to sweat (esp on the forehead)
- it has medium-to-full coverage, depending entirely on the application, because it is buildable, so you can wear it in daytime, but also when you need stronger make-up
- it gives the skin a natural glow, which I like very much and usually need less shimmer when I use this foundation - it is matte, but not the dull matte of other mattes if that makes sense to you :)
- it has a very good sunscreen of both types and has no parabenes
- I absolutely love the smell - I know it's not that important, compared to other qualities a foundation should have, but I am usually used to odourless face products because of my sensitive skin and sometimes their natural smell is so ugly, that this one was an amazing diversion. It is like an expensive perfume and you can feel it on your face long after you have applied it, which makes me feel better for a longer time.
- the packaging is awesome (only a bit heavy when you have to travel, but I can live with that) - I mean, I know it isn't such a big deal again, but if you compare Guerlain packaging with other high end brands - they know how to make their pricy producs look really posh (compare for example the sterile-pharmacy-looking bottles of Clinique, which I also like as a brand).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2010 2:25:00 PM More reviews by pmnixa

This is a favorite foundation of mine. I, like most women, have tried many foundations. I prefer a full coverage foundation that lasts and that won't cause breakouts on my breakout prone skin. This one fits the bill on all of those requirements. Plus, it has a "dewey" finish which is really a bonus. I like Lancome Maquicomplete also but the finish is less natural/dewey. The shade range is not great though - the lightest shade in US markets is too dark for my winter skin. I do like how this lightest shade (002) is a nice neutral, not too warm not too cool. I like how it smells nice and has SPF25.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2010 10:39:00 AM More reviews by zoomusicgrrrl

I'm devoted to my trusty EL Doublewear, but sometimes get a bit fed up of the elbow grease needed to achieve perfect application. PE has a much lighter, runnier consistency than DW, so it's easier to apply - and you don't have to blend like crazy before it sets. I was worried when applying PE for the first time that this thinner texture would mean zero coverage. One of the luxuries of using DW is that I don't have to use primer, concealer, highlighter or powder because I find it covers everything (and my skin conveniently produces enough oil itself to ensure I avoid the dreaded masked effect). Well, the Parure gave reasonable coverage - I'd say medium, compared with DW's full; satin/semi-matte compared with DW's total matte look. It evened out redness around my nose and gave me a sheeny, luminous finish. I would say a separate concealer is needed if you have any blemishes to cover - I tried the trick of using a dot of the foundation over one, but it made the area look darker. So, unlike DW or any other thick-textured longlasting foundation e.g. Revlon Colorstay, it's not really a multi-purpose product. That said, the finish is more attractive (in a your-skin-but-better way) - provided you are light-handed with your application. (The instruction leaflet says to apply 2-3 drops to the face and neck and blend in with fingertips. I've only tried applying it with a foundation brush, but I'll have to experiment.) In terms of texture, it reminded me a little of Diorskin Forever, only I'd say the Parure has the edge in terms of its luminosity.
I bought the lightest shade I could find, 'Beige Pale' (01), and this is slightly darker than my natural skintone. I understand that there is an even lighter shade - 'Ambre Pale' (31) - but even 01 is difficult to get hold of in the UK. For reference, I have fairly neutral toned skin. 'Beige Pale' seems to have yellow undertones, so would probably be best suited to someone on the warmer side of neutral. That said, I've had many compliments when wearing this makeup - comments about looking fresh-faced, glowy, healthy, radiant etc (when I've felt anything but!)
Finally, about the longwearing claim (8 hours) - I find it gets, er, dewier as the day progresses. As my skin is combination (normal cheeks, oily T), I find this to be the case with all foundations. (Nothing that blotting papers - or, in an emergency, a single-ply sheet of toilet paper! - can't handle.) It was quite a hot one today and I wore PE for nearly 13 hours. At the end of this time my skin was certainly shiny - but the makeup had not disappeared, or become streaky or cakey.
Overall, I think this foundation will be a good summer option for me when my skin is a little darker. It's lightweight, comfortable and doesn't look hideous at the end of a hot day. It has SPF 25, too, which is a real plus. The price seems high, but applied sparingly (the advised 2-3 drops), it should last and last.
UPDATE: I've knocked off one lippie because, although it looks amazing at first, I find it greases up really fast on me. I also find my skin has become more spot prone and unpredictable since using PE.
UPDATE #2: I'm conflicted about this one. I've started using it again and it's been looking really glowy and pretty - despite the fact that the weather's been hotting up. I don't like the fact that I need to blot it often, but I haven't discovered a foundation that gives such a luminous base.

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No