August 1, 2014 | 1965 users online

Mascara - Make Up For Ever - Smoky Lash Extra Black Mascara

rated 1 of 5 on 1/17/2012 6:07:00 PM More reviews by summrgirl720

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

HATED THIS! This may be the worst mascara I've tried... particularly because I can excuse cheaper formulas, but this is not DS... yet performs worse than it! Flakes like crazy... smudges like crazy... doesn't stick to my lashes. And to be honest, isn't ALL THAT BLACK. So glad I only had a deluxe sample size... jeez. L'oreal Voluminous Carbon Black is MUCH darker and CoverGirl Lash blast separates and holds a curl MUCH better... these are 1/2 the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2012 9:01:00 AM More reviews by menacexofxvanity

This stuff is wonderful! Worth the price. Lasts all day and doesn't clump. I liked the volume and length L'Oreal's Voluminous gave me, but at the same time it ran and never lasted and clumped like crazy. Make Up For Ever still gave me the intensity as well as the lasting and not clumping. It also comes off easily. I have the waterproof and use the Almay wipes for waterproof makeup and it comes off easily. Definitely repurchasing!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/6/2012 3:03:00 AM More reviews by Strawberryblonde3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

For the price this really wasn't worth it. I know some drug store mascaras that do better. This took a lot of work and layering to put on, the formula was really dry, and i noticed flakes. I think it made my fairly long lashes look kind of short and stubby something I've never had a problem with.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2012 5:25:00 PM More reviews by queenofchlorine29

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am always looking for the best mascara. I finally took the plunge and bought this mascara after reading a lot of reviews. Its totally worth it and I will definitely keep on purchasing this mascara. I think im going to purchase the waterproof version next time because my eyes tend to water while I am laughing and it runs down my face

rated 2 of 5 on 1/1/2012 11:27:00 AM More reviews by cmannequin

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This came in the mufe cool and chic set I bought a while back which is a limited edition set. Very disappointed in this mascara, really wanted to love it though after hearing all the rave reviews on yt. I have thin medium length asian lashes. After using a lash serum, they have doubled in quantity, but they are still thin. This mascara is a wet formula, and clumped my lashes sooo badly! Would not hold the curl (and my lashes naturally have a curl to them, not pin straight) and I had to recurl them later in the day because they had drooped down! Too heavy and thick for my poor skinny lashes. Also flaked and smudge a bit when I cried. At first it was okay and really separated my lashes, so I brought this along with covergirl lash blast volume with me to taiwan for vacation. However as the days past the formula just got goopier and its performance steadily went down hill. Note to self, never use this mascara in hot humid tropical weather (i.e. Taiwan in the summer) I ended up throwing it away and just using the lashblast. Im not the type of person who hates high end mascara and only uses drugstore. I believe that if a mascara is really that good, then price is not a problem. However this time, drugstore mascara really wins. Actually so far drugstore mascara has been winning. Ive tried laura mercier, guerlain, and now this and I still prefer my drugstore mascaras!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2011 10:28:00 AM More reviews by beautyadvices

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have long, flat and lots of lashes...it was very hard for me to find the perfect mascara.
Now I've found...and I can't explain how wonderful it is!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2011 8:51:00 PM More reviews by shazzar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Got this in sample size in a MUFE sample bag from Sephora. Glad I didn't pay full price, it's lousy. What is it with high end mascaras? They are clumpy beyond belief, no matter how much you wipe off the brush. This is no different. I gave this mascara several chances over the course of a few months and each and every time it looked crap. I had to comb through my lashes afterwards to separate them but it still looked awful. Sticking with drugstore mascaras, they just work better for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/10/2011 5:52:00 PM More reviews by FrancyE

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Pros:
Extremely black
Lengthening
Leaves lashes soft

Cons:
Price. There's a lot of competition out there, you can get a very similar product for a different price.
It's true it flakes towards the end of it's life.

I said i wouldn't re-purchase because i've a˛ready purchased it a few times when i was a teenager and i've never gone back.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/9/2011 4:22:00 PM More reviews by bchung

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm kind of on the fence about this mascara. On one hand I really like the drier formula just because I have very short and sparse lashes. It builds volume pretty well and lengthens decently. However, although it seems to hold a curl well, my lashes still droop after about 10 minutes after applying. Also, this mascara tends to flake a lot on me so that isn't good. Overall: a decent mascara on the pricier side.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2011 12:11:00 AM More reviews by Princesseren

I like this mascara for a dramatic look. It is dry but blend-able. The only issue I have with this is that it is not good to work on other people. I tried this on my self and I have full control over my blinking.... but trying to get a client to wear this is a pain because the mascara dries out quickly.
This mascara is not ideal either for below zero weather... it becomes flaky.