October 2, 2014 | 1049 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Tangle Teezer

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2013 12:08:00 AM More reviews by sleighb7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love , love , love ......LOVE the tangle teaser , I have fine curly tangle to the ridiculous degree hair , this is amazing , it does not break my hair and if it did it would be no more than a regular comb. This is faster, more gentle and just amazing, price is high but the product does the job. Grab it , don't like it move on. Takes about 2 min to detangle hair rather then 20 minutes.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2013 8:31:00 PM More reviews by 2010

First off, I find the price to be expensive for a hair brush - I normally buy $2 ones from the $$store for context.

This pulls out a lot of my hair - much more than my regular brush. I didn't realize until I cleaned it today and a ton of hair was caught in the brush. I have very fine hair so I really can't afford to lose any of it. It does detangle, and it does a good job of it but the amount of hair it pulls out makes this a dud for me.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2013 6:15:00 PM More reviews by Reemyn

Ouch this hurts! I bought this a month ago...
I agree with others, the 'magical' Tangle Teezer pulls out and BREAKS hair, and for what? No idea it does an average (or worse!!) job in detangling than any other cheaper plastic brush. So extremely overhyped, I'm not satisfied with the quality either.
I'll stick with natural bristle brushes.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2013 12:16:00 PM More reviews by ava902

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My hair is thick, MBL, and I am transitioning to natural hair. I needed something to thoroughly detangle my hair and I noticed that a wide tooth comb was not doing the trick. The teeth on this thing LOOK scary, but it is surprisingly gentle. The tangle teezer is amazing! It thoroughly removes shed hairs and knots with minimal breakage. I was shocked at how well it works in my thick hair and new growth. It is a bit awkward to hold, but you get used to it after a few uses. I would NOT suggest using this on dry hair. I only use this on damp hair AFTER my leave ins have been applied. The price is a bit much for something that looks and feels so cheap, but I would totally buy it again if my current one breaks.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/9/2013 10:58:00 AM More reviews by sarahlouisejones

waste of money. i have a brush already that does a much better job, doesnt hurt, doesnt scratch the scalp, and is actually easy to hold because it has - genuis! - a handle! who designed this thing? its not remotely ergonomic, and is easily dropped. this thing is absolutely no good for my very thick and long hair. dont get all the rave reviews, at all. i guess the brush i already have isnt owned by many people

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 5/6/2013 6:25:00 PM More reviews by FrazzleDazzle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

WARNING

This does what it says and gets the knots out more easily than a regular brush, but it pulls out SO much hair.

I have compared to the hair left on the tangle teezer compared to my normal brush, tangle teezer takes out close to a clump each time while my regular brush takes about 5 hairs.

Even when my hair is perfectly brushed and knot free, the tangle teezer still pulls strands out and I don't even know why. I don't even yank or do it particularly hard, I'm always sure to be gentle.

I'm too scared to use it now and only do when my regular brush can't do the job.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2013 2:12:00 AM More reviews by catseatbeavers

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love this brush! My hair is pretty thin, limp, dr and tangles pretty easily. After using this brush, none of my hair breaks, even when I am just out of the shower. It helps detangling my hair a breeze! Strong recommend this brush to everyone.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/21/2013 9:09:00 PM More reviews by erinkaulback

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I guess I'm one of the odd ones out here but this brush really didn't wow me. It worked just the same as any other brush I've ever used except that it was double the price and didn't have a handle. I used it for two months and still saw the same amount of breakage and hair coming out in the brush. It didn't even get through my tangles any easier than other brushes and I'm sad that I spent so much money on it only to be less than amazed.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2013 5:18:00 AM More reviews by joanne150406

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love love love!

I bought this because I do like combing my hair when I get out of the shower even though I know it's not the greatest for my hair. The tangle teezer is so gentle on my scalp and makes my hair so smooth!

I've recommended it to my girlfriends and they have never looked back as well. I've already repurchased so I have a backup at work :)

They come in so many colours now which is really cool as well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2013 6:04:00 PM More reviews by JulesGrey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have tail-bone length, fine but thick hair with a tendency towards waves and even curls if left to its own devices. It is not particularly tangle prone, but very sensitive to snagging and pulling.

I thought I would never find a brush I like quite as much as my Mason Pearson mixed Popular brush, which in my opinion is all but the perfect brush except for the price and the fact that it is hard to clean, but the Tangle Teezer is definitely a surprisingly good contender for the first place.

If you want a brush that gently detangles, can double up both as an ordinary styling brush and as a shower brush to distribute conditioner, then this is definitely the brush for you.

Where it falls short in comparison to my Mason Pearson is the fact that it does not impart shine/softness to my hair on its own, but then, it is plastic and not boar bristle so I can hardly fault it for that. The other "fault" if you want is the design. It does lay very comfortably in the hand, but because of the cheap, slippery plastic it has a tendency to fly out of your hand. I think making the top a texturised rubber material would be a good thing. Some people say they want a handle, but that would mean it would become bulky and hard to just pop in my bag when travelling.

Overall, if you need a brush for detangling, showering and travelling look no further than this one, just don't expect it to perform miracles of smoothing and imparting shine to your hair. For that, you do need a well used boar bristle brush.