August 1, 2014 | 1772 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Tangle Teezer

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2013 5:46:00 PM More reviews by 000Natalie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Ok, so - my hair is pretty long and quite fine, though I have plenty of it. I have to admit that I dye it and straighten it more than I should. My hair dresser used a TT to brush conditioner through my hair... I couldn't believe how easily it slipped through my hair to make it tangle free, so I bought one! I use mine in the shower each time I was my hair and love it! My hair dresser suggested that I use it like a regular hair brush during the day to reduce any breakage - I'm yet to really do this as I like my hair to have body and volume which you can't achieve with the TT. Overall, I definitely recommend the TT.. Especially those with long or tangley hair!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2013 8:44:00 AM More reviews by Milisenta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Other

I have a very moody hair, in fact in never looks the same two days in a row! Consequently, when I read about tangle teezer, i thought 'well, this must be another advertisement trick, it probably works well only for those who have no problems with their hair- with or without tangle teezer'. I wouldn't say i have problems with de-tangling, but because my hair is somewhat between straight and wavy, it looks like a bunch of icicles within about 10 minutes after i style it. Nonetheless, i was way too curious and encouraged by 25 percent discount i purchased my very own compact tangle teezer. What can i say? I am more than pleasantly surprised:

1) it IS perfect for combing wet and dry hair
2) it DOES easily and painlessly detangle
3) it IS incredibly easy to clean
REVIEW: I am removing one lippie because frankly it doesn NOT work miracles every time:) it still IS great for detangling but not so helpful for styling when it comes to my hair: it still flies in all directions it chooses, but i love to use tangle teezer on wet hair.

Extra benefits for me:

feels very soft on scalp
somehow adds extra volume to my hair and emphasizes my haircut!
my hair looks fuller, thicker and not so 'icikleish'

It is not a cheap buy but i highly recommend it!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2013 3:05:00 PM More reviews by sandy84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've had mine for a while now, it is a godsend!! I ended up taking off the top rounded part that you hold on to, and it is much easier to hold now. It also makes less noise when you comb. I'd still love to see a handle on this but it has replaced all my other combs!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2013 2:43:00 PM More reviews by qmsterling

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This was not the miracle-worker I had hoped for on my hair. BUT! It works amazingly well for my dog!!! A Japanese Chin, she has long-silky hair and really dreads the slicker pin brush. This alternative feels good to her and doesn't pull, so she's not uneasy when it makes an appearance. The design also makes it easy for me to handle while I'm brushing her. Who knew? :)

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 2/3/2013 11:56:00 PM More reviews by uhlizubeth

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have fine hair but a lot of it. Many people with my hair texture recommended this to me, unfortunately it was not a miracle product. Didn't remove knots easily or glide through my hair. Clumps of my hair are sitting at the bottom, meaning it does indeed pull it out. I guess I'll be using a wide tooth comb forever.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2013 11:24:00 PM More reviews by RustGospel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'll just cut to the chase: I, for one, would love it sooo much more if it had a handle. It'd be so much easier to work with.
Fellow curly girls know the drill- most of us prefer detangling in the shower with conditioner in our hair to provide extra slip for our grooming implements. Well, conditioner in this case isn't the only thing giving slip...the Tangle Teezer is a fan of slipping right out of my hand and totally going projectile in the shower when it's wet. I also want to note that because this brush fits directly in the palm of my hand, I also partially wind up finger-combing my hair and snagging my nails because my fingers hang over the edges of the brush. I have a TON of hair and it seems like adding a handle to this brush would definitely make my detangling sessions go by a bit faster as well.
All that being said, I really do love the Tangle Teezer. It is THOUSANDS of times better than my crappy wide tooth comb which did nothing but rip gobs of my hair out no matter now gentle or slow I was. However, I can't say that I really prefer my Tangle Teezer to my regular old Goody paddle brush. Why? The Goody brush has a handle of course! It's a lot more easy to use but it's certainly not as gentle on my hair as the Tangle Teezer is. The Tangle Teezer also defines my curls a lot more than the paddle brush does.
Though my 3b hair is insanely dense and typically rather knotted by the time wash day rolls around, I really don't find that I have to brush tip to root or even section my hair off when I use this. It glides right through my knots with no tugging or pain and seems to get through every layer of hair with relative ease. I also haven't noticed any damage to my hair from using this product either!
As far as similar products go, the Tangle Tamer Max is supposedly comparable to the Tangle Teezer but has a handle. That said, it's handle is flat rather than round and I've read that it's no easier to hold on to in the shower than the genuine Tangle Teezer is. Shaun P. & the gang have recently come out with a more shower friendly version of the Tangle Teezer (with non-slip coating I believe) but I don't think I'll being running to my nearest Sally's to pick one up anytime soon. It is also oddly shaped and again without a handle. :(
Over all, I do love this brush but I can't help but wish it was more easy to use.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2013 6:53:00 PM More reviews by BriddaBella

I love this hairbrush! Not only does it brush out any knots in my hair but there is no more pulling and ripping involved and on top of that you can massage your head with it and it will feel great!

The only downside may be that it doesn't have a handle but I'm not too bothered about that.

I definitely recommend this product to anyone with long and/or frizzy hair!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2013 6:27:00 AM More reviews by cherriesandpie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Oh my god! This is AMAZING! My hair was so gross, tangled up and matted! Combs hurt, literlly ripping out the hair! THIS is wonderful, it glides through my hair in like a couple of mins (before it was like a 15 min sesh!). And it makes my hair look so much nicer, it feels so much silikier and smoother and I think the brush itself is too cute ^_^! Eeee Hg ^_^! Makes for lovely silky hair! Thank you MUA girls :D!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2012 9:32:00 PM More reviews by RoseJade

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

My favorite brush! Doesn't rip your hair as you detangle and brush. Its wonderful! Honestly- every girl (young-old) should own.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2012 4:10:00 PM More reviews by Ancatje

I like the two-length slim plastic-y bristles of this brush, and it does a good job at detangling my always knotty fine hair. It does it quicker and easier than other brushes I've had in the past.
I still experience breakage though, as with any other brush, more so when I brush my hair wet (as you would expect) - which I have to do, otherwise I'd be left with dreadlocks at the back of my head.
I've bought one for my mum as well, who has thick long hair, and it works really well for her too.
That being said, I think the shape of the brush is rather odd, and the fact that it doesn't have a handle really annoys me, and also resulted in the brush slipping out of my hand on more than one occasion! Especially since the material is not slip-free, it's just plastic, rather than something like rubber than would have some sort of grip in your hand.
I have this in travel-size too, but really, it is anything but "travel" size. It is much bulkier than something I want to carry around in my handbag, especially since I prefer smaller handbags that are easier on my shoulders and back!
This is about 11 for the regular size, and I would repurchase, but I really hope they improve on the design!