September 19, 2014 | 1590 users online

Fragrances - Estee Lauder - Youth Dew

rated 3 of 5 on 12/22/2009 4:39:00 PM More reviews by ymantra

Tried this at the mall after reading the other reviews. This is very strong and should be used sparingly or it will give you a headache. This reminds me a lot of Chanel No.5, I admire it but can't wear it. It's a grown up scent.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/20/2009 2:44:00 AM More reviews by melbell1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

When ladies wanted me to spray this for them at the counter I would hold my breath! It is so strong and stinks really bad.I noticed a more mature women like this fragrance.Its the first EL fragrance bit definitely the worst.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2009 4:59:00 PM More reviews by Hothead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I was given this as a gift when i turned 30... eek!

All these years later, and I still love this fragrance. I do admit that sometimes when I find it too strong (something which many claim as the reason they hate it), I will spritz it on and take my shower afterwards.. the fragrance just looms and lingers on me and all over me.

My husband loves it and I am so used to the scent that I would not feel ME without it. I am not saying that I have not strayed and used other fragrances.. I do and will continue to do so. Fragrance is one of the many pleasures of life.
But this one is my favorite feminine scent and I will continue to buy it.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2009 12:03:00 AM More reviews by britneenick

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I used to work at an Estee Lauder counter and every time a woman (usually over the age of 60) would come test or buy Youth Dew, I would cringe. On its own, and on people who had the wrong body chemistry, it can smell pretty bad.

One day, I went out of town for a Lauder product school. Another BA had to apply Youth Dew body creme and parfum on me to show how to demonstrate to customers. When I heard Youth Dew, I was terrified. Once it was on my skin, however, it settled amazingly. I smelled sexy, gorgeous, confident, and classy.

Later that evening, I went out to a club and was still wearing the Youth Dew. I had SIX! different men approach me and tell me I smelled wonderful! My friends agreed. No one could believe it was Youth Dew.

Ever since, whenever I wear it I am always complimented by both men and women and everyone is shocked when hearing it is Youth Dew. Use it sparingly, as it is strong. I like to layer the scent and use minimal parfum. It doesn't smell good on everyone, and if you just test it from the bottle in the store, you will definitely not love it.

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2009 5:29:00 PM More reviews by novelist

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

First, a little history of my years with this perfume. About 15 years ago, when I was so young, 39! -- I was at a school function and got a whiff of a delightful and warm fragrance. I asked the woman the name of her perfume; she said, "Youth Dew." I'd never heard of it. This gal was about 10 years younger than me so I thought it was a new fragrance for younger women; that type of marketing was just beginning. back then in the mid-1990's. I asked my hairdresser about it and she said it was her favorite perfume. My hairdresser was my age. So I went to the dept. store and tried it, and fell in love. It looked like root beer in an adorable bottle with the gold bow, so sweet!

At that time, I wore (and still wear) Ombre Rose and Old Spice (got the biggest reaction from men from this classic scent whose ruination I am still grieving). So I added Youth Dew to my small perfume collection. Then my hormones began their circus act when I hit my mid-40's and perfumes did not smell the same on me, for me, to me. I took a seven year break, and when I returned to some semblance of body chemistry sanity, I took a whiff of Youth Dew and fell in love all over again.

This fragrance is not for younger women, and by younger I mean anyone under thirty. It is a scent for a female who has lived life more than a little, and is treasuring the memories of her youth, although she may still be very youthful. Frangrance is ALL about memories; you are either recalling them, evoking them, or making them. Youth Dew is evocative, and it takes some time on this earth to evoke things worthwhile.

The scent to me is warm, sweet, spicy, with a touch of leather and a lushness all its own which I find somewhat embracing. My husband loves it. One saleswoman in the perfume section of a high-end department store adored it on me, was certain it was Chanel, and was amazed it was humble Estee Lauder Youth Dew. She said on me it was very very nice. I tend toward spicy powdery ambery scents and I think that my chemistry just naturally agrees with a perfume like Youth Dew.

Do not bathe yourself in it because a little is all you need. There is a bit of moss to tone down the spicy floral scent, and I find the total experience of wearing it throughout the day and into the night (it will last till the next morning) a very sensual feeling but not in a harsh way. It soothes me but also stimulates me.

Perfume is such an individual matter that I recommend it only with certain caveats: not for girls, not for grumpy gals, not for women who are too busy to sit back and savour the dew of youth. I was raised among old ladies, and among old women who were not ladies, and I never inhaled anything this lovely in their presence.

I am almost through my latest bottle, and plan to repurchase eau de parfum in the spring.

28 out of 28 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2009 11:41:00 AM More reviews by fcirone1

I am soooo loving this right now. Perfect Fall/winter fragrance. I feel so special when i wear this. It actually puts me in a better mood i find. Sort of perks me up when im feeling down. I spray it on a few time thru the day.......and actually it goes quite soft. I find it actually doesn't last too long on the skin but more so if you spray it on your hair or clothes. I want to try the body powder, oil, and lotion. Wonderful fragrance, very distinctive. I highly recommend!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/26/2009 6:18:00 PM More reviews by marticica888

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Pretty much everything about this perfume makes me laugh... just look at the name, smell it, look at the color of perfume in the bottle. Its all very ironic. Just go smell it and you'll know what im talking about.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/15/2009 11:24:00 PM More reviews by Jenblossom32

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'd like to buy a bottle of this the bath oil and ONLY put 1 or 2 drops in the bath on a cold day. Only then, I imagine I might appreciate this stings-the-nostrils-1950's perfume
**Update Nov.2012** I really like this now. I wear the bath oil. Although my mother said that it smells like "band-aids", I don't care I like it..

rated 2 of 5 on 8/6/2009 2:59:00 PM More reviews by JenJenofAz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Youth Dew.........Or as I like to call it, Youth Pew. This stuff really does reek to high Hell. Seriously, this smells like something's decaying! Why it's called "Youth Dew" is something I cannot fathom...........NO ONE smells youthful when they wear this! My mother has tried it, my sister has tried it, and even I wore it and we ALL stank like the corpses from the Living Dead! Now, I really don't get "old lady" with this; what I get is a death like stench! See my other review on Knowing and you'll "know" just what I mean! This smells moldy, old, musty, like something left rotting! MOTHBALLS come close. Maybe even rotting meat. I've never smelled this "Dew" stuff on anyone and thought it smelled great. And most "old ladies" that I knew were wearing Chanel #5 and they smelled great(and looked great!) compared to some of the other stinkies we have out there!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/5/2009 6:45:00 PM More reviews by clarestella

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Although I am an older lady this fragrance is way too strong for me. I am active on some perfume forums and Youth Dew is rated quite highly by most of the members but I find it totally unwearable. It is so strong it gives me a headache. If you do like the scent, you certainly get your money's worth because a couple of squirts will last for at least a day.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No