September 20, 2014 | 1832 users online

Fragrances - Juicy Couture - Viva La Juicy

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2013 5:21:00 AM More reviews by EmRose6

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

As much as I hate to admit it, Viva La Juicy is my guilty pleasure. It's the perfect blend of sugars, fruits and florals. It's light, sweet and happy. The only reason why I can't bring myself to love this is because IT. IS. EVERYWHERE. Generally, when I wear fragrance I like to smell nice yet unique. Unfortunately, Viva La Juicy is worn by the majority of girls I know - in middle school, high school and college. Once you get a whiff of this perfume, you don't even have to ask what they're wearing. You just know! Every time I go into Sephora, they are always running low on this. You can pretty much find this anywhere..from Sephora to department stores to Target to Marshalls/Ross/T.J. Maxx to Walmart and beyond. (Typically, Marshalls/Ross/T.J. Maxx and Walmart have the lowest prices though) The bottle is big and chunky, but that's typical of Juicy Couture. Noir Tease from Victoria's Secret is basically a dupe of this and it's also incredibly popular. Lots of fragrances I've smelt have seem to follow suit of these notes - which provide lots of alternative choices for me! Yummy stuff.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2013 8:30:00 PM More reviews by sillage

In my experience, Viva La Juicy is one of the scents that everybody loves and everybody compliments (Viva La Juicy, plus Light Blue and La Vie Est Belle). If you want to wear a crowd-pleaser, one of those three should rake in the compliments.

Viva La Juicy is fruity-floral with a caramel note, and it's Juicy Couture's best-seller in our local stores (sales associates have told me). It's pretty, but I feel like some powder has actually entered my nose and lungs, and I feel mildly choked when I'm wearing it. I don't know why that is, and that is what always puts me off wearing mine -- that powdery choking quality.

I just sprayed on the InStyle imitation Viva La Juicy at Walgreen today. It was very accurate, but I have a bottle of the real thing, so I didn't buy the InStyle imitation (InStyles are $11.99 for a 3.4oz bottle -- sometimes on sale for $7.99 with the Walgreen discount card), but the cashier went crazy -- "Oh, whatever you sprayed smells really good! -- mm, it smells really good!", she said.

Every time I ask a young 20-something perfume sales associate what *her* favorite is -- or what she's wearing -- Viva La Juicy is the reply. Crowd-pleaser, trendy, modern, everybody loves it, especially 20's girls, and I wear it occasionally for a soft inoffensive delicious scent -- but fruity is really not my favorite type. I'm more into woody vanillic gourmands, musks, or soft musky florals.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2013 4:36:00 PM More reviews by barbiesharon

My favourite scent of all time! It smells very girly and I love it. It fades quite fast though, but I don't mind to reapply

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2013 8:47:00 PM More reviews by Mollieismehehe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is one of my all time favorite perfumes!! I first tried this in the Juicy Couture store like four years ago. It was love at first smell! When it first came out it was super expensive, but the price has gone down a lot since then. This smells sophisticated, young, girly, and delicious. I LOVE THIS STUFF. Go buy it now.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/19/2013 2:10:00 PM More reviews by MalaanB

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Initially I liked the smell but it fasts very quickly and leaves a masculine smell. I'm thinking it's not fruity enough for my skin type.Now I've got a bottle left and nothing to do with it :( Guess I'll give it to a friend. Does anyone else dislike this perfume?

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2013 3:57:00 AM More reviews by missdiva25

While I was shopping in Ulta, I happened to notice this lovely little fragrance displayed in front of me. Being the impulsive-shopper I am, I bought this in a New York minute (: The packaging is super cute and it goes wonderfully with the decor of my bedroom. The scent is almost like a light flowery, fruity type. To me, it is refreshing just to spray a little on my wrist because a tiny amount could be smelled from a mile away. Usually, strong perfumes give me headaches, but not this one. Even when I got out of the shower, I could still smell it on my skin. The only thing that bothered me about this product was the inconvienient price. Other than that, I highly recommend this product if you're a fan of girly scents :)

rated 3 of 5 on 3/11/2013 1:31:00 AM More reviews by jennc91

I would rate this a 5 star if I could, but the staying power on me stinks! I feel when I spray it on I do not smell it. I ended up buying the 3.5 fl oz bottle at tjmaxx for only $49.99 (i had to return that same week) which is a very great deal because at regular places like sephora, you will be paying about $100. Maybe the perfume was watered down who knows. But when I sprayed it on at sephora, the scent still didn't last. Weird because this is known to be a strong perfume.. maybe others can smell it, but i can't on myself.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/6/2013 8:10:00 PM More reviews by masamim10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This is a really cute, girly scent that I absolutely love. Although it is pricey in department stores, you can actually get a pretty nice bundle for about $30 at target. Then again, maybe that was a limited promotional thing. But before shelling out the big bucks, you should definitely check that out because that will save you a lot of $$.

Unfortunately, although I love the scent I am allergic to this perfume. My skin gets itchy and red when I put it on, so before buying, it is probably a good idea to sample it in a store.

Additionally, it is not a scent for everyone. If you know someone well enough, it could be a good gift, but if not I'm not sure it's something you want to risk. Lots of people love it but lots of people hate it as well.

4/5 would recommend if you like the smell, aren't allergic to it, and knows how to perfume in moderation.
Would not buy for myself for obvious reasons, but will keep in mind for a cute gift.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2013 5:51:00 PM More reviews by 2010

Love this scent! I find it smells more berry like than vanilla though. It doesn't last as long as I would like. It is pretty expensive (to me) too - $75 for the large bottle. I would definitely repurchase though.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2013 3:20:00 AM More reviews by NewFoundLuv4MU

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This perfume never gets old.. I've loved it for years & will continue to love it. You can purchase a decent size of this at Target or Walmart for rougly $30. Decently priced, beautiful packaging.... a total win for Juicy!