April 16, 2014 | 1513 users online

Palettes - Coastal Scents - 88 eyeshadow palette

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2011 10:37:00 PM More reviews by KristaSelene

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love having this palette in my collection! I am the type of girl that sticks to neutral eye looks but every now and again, I like a bit of color. I typically wear MAC eyeshadow but I don't want to invest a ton of money on bright or specific colors that I may only touch a few times. This is when Coastal Scents comes in handy. This palette provides most of the colors you could ever need. It's a cost effective way to experiment with colors and looks you otherwise wouldn't have bothered with. When you discover colors that work for you, you can find comparable shades that are bigger and of better quality from higher end brands. Some of the eyeshadows in this palette are better than others but with a good primer/base and a little patience, I have been successful with the majority of them. The palette is a bit fragile and some pans can come loose (I only had one that fell out)- so remember to be careful with it! I highly recommend having this in your collection! The quality is not over the top phenomenal but it's definitely nice enough! I really enjoy working with this.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2011 12:19:00 PM More reviews by morgs5555

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought one of these palettes and they are great to have in your kit. It is good to have all the pigments and pressed shadows that you love but this is a great backup. It is slim and lightweight and the colors are suprisingly highly pigmented. It is good to have just in case you need a shade that you don't have a full size of.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2011 12:07:00 PM More reviews by xrainbowbarf

I LOVE my palettes. Love. Thing is, you need to buy both the shimmer and the matte palettes because both palettes serve different purposes. They are two totally different palettes and if you buy this product, I really suggest buying both. For 88 different colors at $20/each (even cheaper if you get them on ebay) its totally worth the purchase.

The major downfall with these is that if you're looking for a matte look with absolutely NO shimmer, you will need to use a primer. Primer should be a given no matter the product, but many people do not use it and then complain about the brand's quality.

The quality is wonderful with primer. I use the shimmer shades as a base for whatever look I'm going for and they apply bright, beautifully, smooth and SUPER pigmented. I will then use the matte shades for the rest of the blending, contouring and shading. I have recieved compliments from makeup artists who are shocked when I tell them the brand - I guess amongst pros this brand has a tarnished reputation but imo, its probably by people who need beyond amazing products in order to make their makeup look good. If you are halfway decent at applying makeup, this is a great brand to use. I've also learned that this brand doesn't do too well with brushes but works very well with sponge tip applicators.

Is it MAC quality? Some shades really, truly are. Others not so much but they're still very good. Keep in mind what you're paying for this palette and place your expectations accordingly. It is not high-end quality and it cannot compete with the likes of dior, lancome or anything of that nature, but it is not so incredibly subpar as to not even consider it. For $20/palette, I find the colors and quality to be great and very well worth the purchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/20/2011 4:06:00 PM More reviews by princessglam

i bought this product because of all the hypes ive heard about these CS palettes and everyone seemed to have it so i figured it must be pretty good! When i got this in the mail, I was soooo DISAPPOINTED with the quality! Very cheap quality. Lots of fall out and the colors were not pigmented! Obviously most of the gurus on youtube got this for free and got paid to advertise this. I dnt mind spending on expensive make ups anymore coz its really worth it than buying these crap that doesnt work! Its freakinf chalky and its not even close to be compared to mac e/s!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2011 11:42:00 PM More reviews by reenerneener

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

i have no idea why people buy this from coastal scents, they charge WAY too much considering it's all over eBay for $10ish, if not less. sure, i had to wait about a week or so to receive it from hong kong, but it was way, way less than CS's prices. anyways. these palettes are okay; for the price i paid, i shouldn't whine too much. some colours are just a chalky mess, some are amazing, it's pretty hit or miss. i hate the packaging, though. it smells weird & if you drop this, chances are a couple shades could shatter. i do like that there is a nice colour range which can make blending/transitioning much easier.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2011 5:59:00 PM More reviews by MzSiStarr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm Obsessed with this Palette!!! OMG I've been using it every single day for over a year. Even when I use a different brand of eyeshadow. I always find a way to incorporate a shadow from this palette in my look. I consider myself to be pretty experienced with makeup because I started wearing it in middle school (yup tryna be grown smh) but no matter the level of expertise, everyone should own this! The color pay-off is ridiculously pigmented for $20. I'm a fan of Coastal Scents. I own 3 of their eyeshadow palettes (including the 28 neutrals which is absolutely gorgeous, a staple for work), a blush palette, a concealer palette, and several of their loose glitter powders. Very Satisfied Custy!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2011 3:03:00 AM More reviews by starlesssky386

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

I got this for Christmas last year. Sooo excited when I got it! Most of the shadows are great. A few of them are chalky, and some of the shades are so similar they are basically the same thing. But that is maybe 4 of them? Love this.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2011 7:29:00 PM More reviews by yvettelovesmakeup

LOVE this palette! The pigmentation of the eyeshadows is so good! I cant wait to buy more coastal scents palettes! Definitely recommend this to everybody!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2011 9:40:00 PM More reviews by vampira428

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use this everyday. It has good highlight colors too. I wear the shadows using milk jumbo pencil underneath.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2011 2:02:00 AM More reviews by rocynthia

This was the first eyeshadow palette I ever bought because I was a beginner and I wanted to try a bunch of colors without paying a lot of money. Since then I've tried a bunch of different higher end palettes but I find myself still using this one quite often. It has so many gorgeous colors and even though they sometimes are a bit chalky using the right primer they become long lasting, well pigmented, and easily blendable. I personally used UD Primer potion. I had always wondered about the staying power of these eyeshadows till i put them to the test. Last summer I applied my make up at about 11:30am on a really hot humid day. I went to an outdoor concert where the sun was beating down on me the whole time and I was sweating like a pig. I kept running to the bathroom to see if my eyeshadow had smudged but it never did. I didnt get home till about 3am and my makeup still looked really good considering what it had been through. I was really surprised considering these were "cheap" eyeshadows.