October 1, 2014 | 1177 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Oil-Free Acne Wash Pink Grapefruit Facial Cleanser

rated 1 of 5 on 7/15/2013 3:09:00 AM More reviews by byankitty

Why do most Neutrogena actually break you out instead of prevent it? Maybe it's just me.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/14/2013 12:31:00 PM More reviews by Shake15

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Black

This goes out for everyone, regardless of what skin type you are - Do NOT buy this product. I have acne-prone skin, sensitive and I just needed a gel cleanser because soap was doing no good to me at all! So i decided to buy this product since I heard so much about it.
This dried my skin up to the point where I couldn't even smile without cracking my skin and permanently damaging it! The upper layer of my skin looked burnt. Then it started becoming scaly, and peeling off and I couldn't even leave my house it was so embarassing. So So embarrassing! This product stripped my skin of all its natural oil, I had redness all over my cheek and It just wouldn't no matter how much moisturiser I slathered on. My face always felt like it was on fire when I used to product yet I continued with it because I didn't want to give up on a product too quickly.
It took a long time for the scaly patches to disappear and not to mention, this did nothing for my spots, did not shrink it or anything, there was zero changes to my spots, they were still there and looked exactly the same even after 2 weeks of using it. Not happy.
Seriously, I dont ever think some skin stripping face wash like this could ever be good for anyones skin in the long term. It would end up permanently damaging the upper layer of your skin, make it really sensitive and cause redness and flakiness in the long term even if you have normal skin! I dont not recommend this product to anyone.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/12/2013 10:06:00 PM More reviews by mbecca

Smelled good, but didnt work for me at all!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/12/2013 9:47:00 PM More reviews by madicat97

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I did not like this product. I felt like it was just drying out my skin and not actually deep cleaning it. I did like the smell tho.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/12/2013 8:41:00 AM More reviews by Maggiepup

This products overall sucks, the smell was okay to begin with but after awhile it got annoying to smell I don't even know what it about it. The performance of the product wasn't as great as the neutrogena orange acne face wash. This was definitely a waste of money.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/10/2013 9:47:00 AM More reviews by TaylorReneeM

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I purchased this a while back and I was in desperate need of a new face wash, probably explains why i bought it, I regret buying it! The first 2 days i used it, it was good on my skin but after that my skin got really red, itchy and it stung, really horrible experience. I even had a break from it for quiet a while but when i used it again the exact same thing happened. Would never suggest this to a friend.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/8/2013 1:25:00 PM More reviews by Piano34

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I absoluteley love this product! I have really oily skin and this face wash really helps the oil. It could dry out the face a little, so if you have dry skin i dont recommend this one. But overall amazing! Cant live without it!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/5/2013 1:54:00 PM More reviews by Summersmiles

I used this as an everyday facial cleanser and it smelled AMAZING. I loved it because of that. Then I started Breaking out more and more because of this product. I looked like a pizza face. I am so not going to buy it again.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/4/2013 6:19:00 PM More reviews by elifisiklar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I don't use Neutrogena products as they contain some infamous chemicals like parabens. (I strongly advice you to pay attention on the ingredients of your cosmetic products) Before I cared about the ingredients though, I was a big fan of their hand cream, also liked the Liquid Neutrogena cleanser and their lip balm. I got this as a gift from a friend and used it for 2 weeks (3 days in total) when I ran out of my own facial wash.

I personally didn't like the smell at all, and it actually stays with you for at least an hour, both on your face and hands. I'm not really an allergic person, yet, right after I used this product I had a burning feeling all over my face and palms that lasted for about 15 minutes. Might be just coincidence but after the first day there was a big zit on my chin and I barely ever get zits. (And no, my period wasn't close so the zit wasn't menstrual-related.)

If you decide to use this despite its infamous ingredients, be aware that this is NOT for daily usage. It contains salicylic acid to get rid of acnes, and just like any other product with s-acid, it dries the skin. Plus, look at the ingredients. The ingredients aren't as smooth as a daily wash should be. My advice would be use such strong cleansers like this one just once a week or less, and get a more natural product to use daily.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2013 2:52:00 PM More reviews by randomlol99

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A couple years ago i started to get acne. I came home and saw zits and i panicked. I rarely got zits and when i did they lasted for a day. The next day i woke up and the acne was still there i panicked and called one of my best friends. She revealed i had been stressing out a lot so the acne was from stress. I then saw a add for Neutrogena and it pulled me in . I went to the store and bought some.Then after i took off my make up i tried it out. After two hours my face felt burning hot like it was almost on fire. I ran to my sink putting water all over my face then put on moisturizer to calm down and get rid of the burn. I did this for the next week only after i applied it i put on a moisturizer to make sure i never felt that pain again . After a week of using it i noticed my acne going away and eventually gone.This Product Rocks! The only negative thing i can say is the packaging is not that good. I went to the beach and took it with me and it spilled in my travel bag. I cleaned up the travel bag and used the rest that stayed in the bottle. This product + your favorite moisturizer is the ultimate weapon against ace!