Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Pink Grapefruit Facial Cleanser

2.5

Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (2%) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Sodium C14 16 Olefin Sulfonate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Linoleamidopropyl, PG Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Polysorbate 20, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Fruit Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Flower Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, C12 15 Alkyl Lactate, Cocamidopropyl PG Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Polyquaternium 7, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Benzotriazoyl Butylphenol Sulfonate, PEG 120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, PEG 80 Sorbitan Laurate, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Chloride, Benzalkonium Chloride, Red 40, Violet 2, Fragrance

I absolutely love this product! the only thing I don't like about it, is that it dries out my skin, but that doesn't bother me much. I was always made fun of and treated bad because I had acne all over my face in places on my face I didn't want it. so I purchased this and after about a week or two, I would have maybe one breakout on my head or so and it would go away and another would appear, but that's better than acne being all over my face. I am on my 5th bottle and my face relies on this product. this would be 5 stars if it got rid of all my acne. definitely a must have. smells great too.

on 11/28/2013 4:30:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

This product didn't do anything. Well I take that back, it did do something: it dried out my face. Horrible.

on 11/24/2013 8:35:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have an oily skin, my skin breaks out sometimes. In contrast to other cleansers of Neutrogena it is gentler I think. Of course it is not a miracle, but it cleans well and leave the skin relieved instead of extremely drying out. I cannot say it reduced already existing acnes or blackheads but it prevented the new ones occuring. Overall it is fine if I compare this product with the other department store cleansers.

on 11/15/2013 5:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

For whatever reason, my skin has always gotten along with Neutrogena's salicylic-based cleansers, and this one wound up working pretty well. I purchased this to use as my summer cleanser back in April, since my skin tends to shift into oil-overdrive and clogged pores in the warmer weather. The main thing that attracted me to it was the price and the grapefruit scent, which I find delightful. The fragrance is intense and lingering. The cleansing power is really good to the point of stripping, which you would expect from a cleanser like this. I strongly advise using with caution if you have anything less than oily skin. I only use it once a day, as anything more will dry my skin out severely. It's also not the ideal thing for me to use with the colder weather setting in.
It has been a good preventative in terms of keeping the skin clogs from cropping up, but on the flip side, not so effective in getting rid of the acne once it has already appeared. Consistency in using it has been the key in keeping things calmer for me.
The bottle lasted me over six months (just now nearing the end of it), so the value is great. I would consider buying it again for the warmer months.

on 11/7/2013 8:20:00 AM

I love this product as a daily face wash. The smell is great, and it leaves my skin feeling clean. It does pretty well at removing my makeup, but I sometimes use toner to remove what it left behind. This helps with those occasional pimples, and I don't feel like its too harsh for everyday use. It does dry out my sensitive skin, but when followed with moisturizer it solves that issue. I've been using this for over 3 years and will continue to do so.

on 11/3/2013 4:54:00 PM

My skin is in great condition for using this. Really like this and will be buying again

on 10/31/2013 4:14:00 PM

It treats acne pretty well. It gets rid of black heads and dries out pimple and acne. The only problem is that it really dries out your skin, occasionally leaving my skin with some dry patches. But if you're looking for a product that treats acne, this would be a quite decent product

on 10/29/2013 12:51:00 AM

Drying and stinks. Way too fragranced. Not a good combo from a brand priding itself on products geared to sensitive and problem skin. The only good thing about it is the pump bottle.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Smells absolutely wonderful, seems to clean well enough, but irritates my skin terribly. Both times I've tried to use it (keeping the rest of my skin care routine the same), I've ended up with these dry, bumpy patches of skin. Fortunately, they disappeared within a day or two of discontinuing the use of this product.

Good price, lovely refreshing scent, and apparently it works for some people, but if you have sensitive skin it might be best to stay away from this one.

on 10/3/2013 9:02:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I couldnt even get through a quarter of a bottle of this. The smell wasn't very good and I would usually wash it off my hands before i got out of the shower because I disliked it so much. It did nothing for my breakouts and seemed to just dry my skin out fairly badly. My skin was not oily, but seemed shiny anyway. Unfortunately this is another of those "cheap and nasty" products. I wish I could say something nicer about it than the fact that its only positive factor is its low price.