April 20, 2014 | 1243 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Oil-Free Acne Wash Pink Grapefruit Facial Cleanser

rated 3 of 5 on 5/18/2013 4:20:00 PM More reviews by StephanieMarie1

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have been using this every morning for about 2 months now and Its not one of my favorite face washes I have used before.

It is overall okay, It cleanses my skin and prevents spots, also It doesn't break me out. The main downfall for me was that I have super oily skin in the morning, when I use this it dries my skin out alot, After I've used it I'm left with dry patches and my skin feels very tight and thin.

I would have to say I would not buy again, mainly for that reason.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/18/2013 1:06:00 AM More reviews by bellamm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Pros
- smells great (smells like real grapefruit )
- convenient packeging
- oil free
- foams well
- kinda cheap
Cons
- really drying ( like after 7 uses)

rated 1 of 5 on 5/17/2013 1:02:00 AM More reviews by ohnoburrito

This is the worst product ever. I was given this product by Neutrogena to trial, and it dried out my combinational sensitive skin so bad, after two days I was walking around with face spritzer just to keep my skin hydrated -which didn't work. My eyes puffed up so bad from this I looked like I had suffered an allergic reaction to something, and this plagued me for years afterwards. I went from having no skin problems, to having to be totally cautious of what I put near my face because this cleanser screwed up my skin. For years afterwards my skin would, for no reason, puff up and take days to return to normal.
It's been a couple of years since my eyes have swelled up for no reason, so I did recover, but this is honestly not only the worst cleanser I have ever used, it is the worst product I have ever used. Upon telling Neutrogena what the product had done to my face, they sent me a box of the product that I had stated in the initial review that I had used prior to this cleanser.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2013 11:20:00 PM More reviews by orenjinominh

when I first got to college, my mom gave me a pack of three of these. I first thought my clear skin was reacting badly to stress and new living conditions. turns out it was just this drying out my skin so badly that my skin overproduced oil to compensate. I had blackheads white heads and cystic acne from wonderful clear skin. after I finished my cleanser and switched to a creamy wash my skin went back to normal. dry skinned girls beware!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2013 11:04:00 PM More reviews by carcher7

Well I actually liked this cleanser. I really like the fresh grapefruit smell. It cleans my skin without drying it out and yet it did not cause any breakouts, and I am acne prone. I guess I'm one of the lucky ones because I did see others who had breakouts from it. I have used it for several months now so have bought it several times and still like it.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/13/2013 7:36:00 PM More reviews by ilymarian

Oh my god this is the worst product I've ever, EVER used on my face. The scent of fake grapefruit is overpowering, it made me face greasy, the feeling while I was cleansing was horrible, and it made me break out like no other. I would never re-purchase, and I would never recommend this product to anyone.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/5/2013 8:21:00 PM More reviews by JLsunshine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Grapefruit Facial cleanser has two things going for it: the color is very appealing and it smells delicious. Other than that, it did not do much for my skin. I like that fact that when washing it does create soap suds and it feels like i am really deep cleaning my face but afterwards my face feels tight and i noticed that new pimples started to form. I initially thought this might be part of the process but it went on for weeks and i came to the conclusion that it much have been an ingredient in the face wash to cause this reaction.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/5/2013 2:56:00 AM More reviews by livelaughlovexx

This particular product smells devine (atleast in my opinion) but what really matters is how the cleanser performs... This cleanser dried out my skin till the point that it looked like the Sahara Desert. Literally. But my skin is super clear and i havent broken out since! Although this made my skin clear i would much rather use something else.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/29/2013 5:45:00 PM More reviews by Pmarisa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I have tried this product this February and it didn't work for me.
Although the smell is very nice (my boyfriend loved it!), it didn't improve my skin at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2013 4:45:00 PM More reviews by Beautyseeker14

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I am totally in love with this scrub and the face wash. I and my hubby both have been using this for a couple of years now. A little goes a long way.
Never broke me out and really cleanses my skin very well. This can be used everyday without any damage to skin. However, one must moisturize the skin after using this.
One great lesson i have learnt over years is that too much dryness can also cause acne.
Its also not pricey.