Avon MagiX Face Perfector

3.7

Active Ingredients: OCTINOXATE 7.5% OCTISALATE 4.0% Other Ingredients: DIMETHICONE CYCLOPENTASILOXANE CELLULOSE CYCLOMETHICONE CETEARYL DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER ALUMINA ACRYLATES/DIMETHICONE COPOLYMER SILICA NYLON-12 HDI/TRIMETHYLOL HEXYLLACTONE CROSSPOLYMER C30-45 ALKYL METHICONE C30-45 OLEFIN PEG/PPG-20/23 DIMETHICONE LAURYL PEG-9 POLYDIMETHYLSILOXYETHYL DIMETHICONE CAPRYLYL GLYCOL DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER POLYETHYLENE BORON NITRIDE PARFUM/FRAGRANCE TOCOPHEROL

This was an okay product. The first time I used this product it did nothing for me. However with continous use, I did find that it made my makeup look somewhat better. All in all, I wouldn't purchase again.

on 12/26/2011 8:45:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Use this around my eyes under my concealer. Makes my concealer go on nice and smooth and make up lasts all day. Avon has great prices for good quality make up.....their products have improved tremendously over the years

on 12/23/2011 8:52:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is the worst product I've bought for what it's supposed to do - in fact it does NOTHING!! I wish I hadn't spent the money, little as it was. I could've bought a lot of Elf or WnW or something else to last me months/years. I should've known I was already spoiled from Clarins, EL, Clinique, etc.

Sorry!! I was too hasty in reviewing this. I don't know what I did wrong - tried it on too small an area maybe.

This is working GREAT for me. I don't need to use the Clinique pore minimizer any more. This does the same thing for a small fraction of the cost.

on 12/11/2011 6:38:00 AM

I have quite oily skin, with some dry patches. I'm buying this primer 3rd time now. I'm using it with powder products and now I don't use powder during the day. But in winter I have more dry skin, so it is ok with it too. When I don't use this primer I have greasy face in only few hours. Apart from that this is not the best primer in the world. I haven't tried too many of those, but if I use Avon primer with liquid foundation the results are not as good as with powder products.

on 11/19/2011 6:41:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I have a love/hate relationship with this primer. Avon usually has sales, so you can get this for around $6 - $8. The first time I used it, a clear liquid and a white gel came out, which showed the product separated and it was kinda gross...I recommend squeezing the tube around to make sure everything is combined into ONE primer. Major problem I had is that this stuff SMELLS really, really bad. Really...chemically. If you're sensitive to smell, I don't think you can handle. I'm usually not, and this really caught my attention. The scent does die down once it's on your face, though. I admit, that this made my face really smooth, filling in the spaces of my pores, making my face ready for foundation. The lasting power isn't so great. I have oily skin and I found my oil fighting the primer, through my foundation, making my face look patchy, blotchy, and uneven. However, this could be touched up with some blotting papers and powder, but really? I don't want to go through with that. Overall, this isn't worth the price you pay for and I don't recommend it, despite the only good thing it can do.

on 11/1/2011 10:14:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

It does what it says on the tube. I cant smell anything when I use this product on my customers and clients. They love how it makes their skin smooth, sateeny looking and keep their makeup on longer. None have made any comment on horrid smells!!!! Primers are generally all silicone based products that must be used minimally. A very thin coating is all thats required.This seems to be where some clients go wrong and find their makeup beading. Fab product. Always use this product on a perfectly cleansed and toned skin. Its amazing how many customers tell me their skin is clean and its NOT!

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

WAY better than Laura Mercier, Mac, MUFE, and all the other brands. while I don't have a problem with pores (knock on wood) this helps my make up NOT move it will seriously last AMAZINGLY and it has this wonderful; silky texture. Now the cons for me I can get over but still, It doesn't dry and absorb as fast so that's more waiting during the makeup routine and the other thing is i have EXTREMELY dry skin and this accentuate them so that bothers me :(

The smell. OMG it's horrendous. It almost smells like something toxic. I naturally have pretty soft skin, so this product didn't do anything for me. I tried it a few times and, after applying it, I smelled like this product for the rest of the day. It's really... really that bad.

on 10/11/2011 4:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

this is the first primer i ever bought. my skin tends to be dry and i think this is perfect for it. for people with more oily skin, i wouldn't suggest using this. it does make my skin silky smooth and does seem to minimize my pores slightly and balance my texture. over all, i would def. purchase it again but i always love trying new, cheap things!

on 10/11/2011 1:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I like Avon's Magix but there are better primers out there. First of all, I'm from Brazil and here it is very expensive (40 reais, something like 20 dollars!!) and because of the high price I think I'll not repurchase. With this product the make up goes on smoothly and the pores are a little reduced. On the other hand, I recently bought L'Oreal Studio Secrets no. 1 and I really liked it, it works way better with pores.