August 23, 2014 | 1815 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Avon - MagiX Face Perfector

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 11/19/2011 6:41:00 AM More reviews by lemmingkiss

I have a love/hate relationship with this primer. Avon usually has sales, so you can get this for around $6 - $8. The first time I used it, a clear liquid and a white gel came out, which showed the product separated and it was kinda gross...I recommend squeezing the tube around to make sure everything is combined into ONE primer. Major problem I had is that this stuff SMELLS really, really bad. Really...chemically. If you're sensitive to smell, I don't think you can handle. I'm usually not, and this really caught my attention. The scent does die down once it's on your face, though. I admit, that this made my face really smooth, filling in the spaces of my pores, making my face ready for foundation. The lasting power isn't so great. I have oily skin and I found my oil fighting the primer, through my foundation, making my face look patchy, blotchy, and uneven. However, this could be touched up with some blotting papers and powder, but really? I don't want to go through with that. Overall, this isn't worth the price you pay for and I don't recommend it, despite the only good thing it can do.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2011 10:14:00 AM More reviews by shushkin2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It does what it says on the tube. I cant smell anything when I use this product on my customers and clients. They love how it makes their skin smooth, sateeny looking and keep their makeup on longer. None have made any comment on horrid smells!!!! Primers are generally all silicone based products that must be used minimally. A very thin coating is all thats required.This seems to be where some clients go wrong and find their makeup beading. Fab product. Always use this product on a perfectly cleansed and toned skin. Its amazing how many customers tell me their skin is clean and its NOT!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/29/2011 10:01:00 PM More reviews by MitchieCatalano

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

WAY better than Laura Mercier, Mac, MUFE, and all the other brands. while I don't have a problem with pores (knock on wood) this helps my make up NOT move it will seriously last AMAZINGLY and it has this wonderful; silky texture. Now the cons for me I can get over but still, It doesn't dry and absorb as fast so that's more waiting during the makeup routine and the other thing is i have EXTREMELY dry skin and this accentuate them so that bothers me :(

rated 1 of 5 on 10/24/2011 3:15:00 PM More reviews by Lollliiipopzzz

The smell. OMG it's horrendous. It almost smells like something toxic. I naturally have pretty soft skin, so this product didn't do anything for me. I tried it a few times and, after applying it, I smelled like this product for the rest of the day. It's really... really that bad.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2011 4:45:00 PM More reviews by Suzy9797

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

this is the first primer i ever bought. my skin tends to be dry and i think this is perfect for it. for people with more oily skin, i wouldn't suggest using this. it does make my skin silky smooth and does seem to minimize my pores slightly and balance my texture. over all, i would def. purchase it again but i always love trying new, cheap things!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/11/2011 1:19:00 PM More reviews by tamineseoud

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

I like Avon's Magix but there are better primers out there. First of all, I'm from Brazil and here it is very expensive (40 reais, something like 20 dollars!!) and because of the high price I think I'll not repurchase. With this product the make up goes on smoothly and the pores are a little reduced. On the other hand, I recently bought L'Oreal Studio Secrets no. 1 and I really liked it, it works way better with pores.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/11/2011 12:30:00 PM More reviews by kspeller

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Yes this product is super cheap, but it has a consistancy like Crisco (and a smell). Does not control the oilies at all, in fact I think it makes my skin look even oilier. Paid about $7 on ebay and after trying to make it work it's going in the trash.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2011 9:13:00 PM More reviews by purrbox5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I've tried a couple of other primers...Rimmel, which seemed more like a moisturizer than a primer & Lancome La Base Pro which felt & looked good but made me break out & didn't do much for shine either.

Magix was the first primer I ever tried & I still keep coming back to it. I love it. It feels velvety soft on my skin, made my complexion look super smooth, & softens the look of fine lines, especially around my eyes, which us 40 something's really need...lol! It also controls shine & doesn't make me break out, which is definitely a plus! I apply my BE Tinted Mineral Veil on top but even without it, my skin looks flawless. It didn't hide the spots as well as I'd like but I haven't found one yet that does. The scent is odd, but I've actually grown to like it. It's like a combination of dark chocolate & coffee. :) You don't notice it after you apply it anyway. It's one of the best primers out there. It's inexpensive & it does the job & then some.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2011 8:08:00 PM More reviews by oxfordjrr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Very impressed with this! Really does give my oily/dry skin a matte finish even after the extra thick moisturizer I put on beforehand. I haven't tried it under foundation yet but if i'm going without make up I feel naked without it! Even at the end of the day when my face starts to get oily it stayed completely matte and soft to touch. It felt allot like Benefit's porefessional primer but at a fraction of the price. Will definitely be buying more when I run out of this tube.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2011 11:05:00 AM More reviews by veronicafrench

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Just started using this product so may need to update later but so far I really, really like it. I do not usually wear makeup but as I am aging, I thought I'd try this product. It does give a nice glow, controls shine and provides SPF protection! Will buy again and again if no flaws appear.

Update: I have used several other primers and illuminators in a range of prices and I keep going back to this one. It is great especially for the price. I recommend putting this product on half of your face and seeing what a difference it makes! I wear this alone with no foundation.