April 19, 2014 | 1936 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Avon - MagiX Face Perfector

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 10/24/2011 3:15:00 PM More reviews by Lollliiipopzzz

The smell. OMG it's horrendous. It almost smells like something toxic. I naturally have pretty soft skin, so this product didn't do anything for me. I tried it a few times and, after applying it, I smelled like this product for the rest of the day. It's really... really that bad.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2011 4:45:00 PM More reviews by Suzy9797

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

this is the first primer i ever bought. my skin tends to be dry and i think this is perfect for it. for people with more oily skin, i wouldn't suggest using this. it does make my skin silky smooth and does seem to minimize my pores slightly and balance my texture. over all, i would def. purchase it again but i always love trying new, cheap things!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/11/2011 1:19:00 PM More reviews by tamineseoud

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

I like Avon's Magix but there are better primers out there. First of all, I'm from Brazil and here it is very expensive (40 reais, something like 20 dollars!!) and because of the high price I think I'll not repurchase. With this product the make up goes on smoothly and the pores are a little reduced. On the other hand, I recently bought L'Oreal Studio Secrets no. 1 and I really liked it, it works way better with pores.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/11/2011 12:30:00 PM More reviews by kspeller

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Yes this product is super cheap, but it has a consistancy like Crisco (and a smell). Does not control the oilies at all, in fact I think it makes my skin look even oilier. Paid about $7 on ebay and after trying to make it work it's going in the trash.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2011 9:13:00 PM More reviews by purrbox5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I've tried a couple of other primers...Rimmel, which seemed more like a moisturizer than a primer & Lancome La Base Pro which felt & looked good but made me break out & didn't do much for shine either.

Magix was the first primer I ever tried & I still keep coming back to it. I love it. It feels velvety soft on my skin, made my complexion look super smooth, & softens the look of fine lines, especially around my eyes, which us 40 something's really need...lol! It also controls shine & doesn't make me break out, which is definitely a plus! I apply my BE Tinted Mineral Veil on top but even without it, my skin looks flawless. It didn't hide the spots as well as I'd like but I haven't found one yet that does. The scent is odd, but I've actually grown to like it. It's like a combination of dark chocolate & coffee. :) You don't notice it after you apply it anyway. It's one of the best primers out there. It's inexpensive & it does the job & then some.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2011 8:08:00 PM More reviews by oxfordjrr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Very impressed with this! Really does give my oily/dry skin a matte finish even after the extra thick moisturizer I put on beforehand. I haven't tried it under foundation yet but if i'm going without make up I feel naked without it! Even at the end of the day when my face starts to get oily it stayed completely matte and soft to touch. It felt allot like Benefit's porefessional primer but at a fraction of the price. Will definitely be buying more when I run out of this tube.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2011 11:05:00 AM More reviews by veronicafrench

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Just started using this product so may need to update later but so far I really, really like it. I do not usually wear makeup but as I am aging, I thought I'd try this product. It does give a nice glow, controls shine and provides SPF protection! Will buy again and again if no flaws appear.

Update: I have used several other primers and illuminators in a range of prices and I keep going back to this one. It is great especially for the price. I recommend putting this product on half of your face and seeing what a difference it makes! I wear this alone with no foundation.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/31/2011 6:39:00 PM More reviews by tinavars

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm afraid that I won't buy this product again, although I really want to love it. The claims of this product I wanted; primer for foundation (of course!), absorbs shine (supposed to look great on skin w/o make-up), SPF 20 (that's unique!), and has highlighter added to give the skin a healthy glow. Add to these claims, the price: $7. I'm sold!
However, while it does fill in fine lines and pores, it does NOT absorb shine (even after an hour), and even causes me to get milia on my face; particularly around the corners of my nose and on my chin. It's a great little package. But if you are very oily or acne-prone, I really can't advise buying it.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/15/2011 10:06:00 PM More reviews by MamaGavone

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

My skin hates this stuff. It breaks out seemingly at the mere sight of the tube. Plus something in this causes my face to burn around the lip line & the outer corners of my eyes. And the product seems to do nothing at all. Just left me feeling like I had a nasty film over my skin. Oh yea and it smells funny too-like a dirty washcloth or something.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/15/2011 9:37:00 AM More reviews by Stacijohnston

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I can't seem to live without this product now but not for the reason that it promises. For me it does NOT "perfect" my skin, it doesn't seem to control oil, doesn't perfect or help my complexion, and does not lessen visible pores. I don't think it does those things for me at all but what it does do for me is helps my makeup go on nice and smooth. I like how it feels and helps blend my foundation nicely. Other than that, it's not much on promises. Yes, I'd buy it again because of the little that it does do.

On a side note:
I just purchased the new forumlation of the primer that comes in a compact and they call it Magix Mattifier....I will NOT buy it again. I'm just as oily in 2 hours as I am with this regular MagiX Perfector and I like the Perfector better.