Eucerin Everyday Protection Face Lotion - Broad Spectrum SPF 30

3.8

PPD: 5.1, Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 7.5%, Zinc Oxide 4.9%, Octisalate 4.5%, Ensulizole2%, Titanium Dioxide 2.4% Inactive Ingredients: Water, Glycerin, C12 15 Alkyl Benzoate, Dimethicone, Cyclomethicone, Cetyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth 20, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Sodium Lactate, Lactic Acid, Hydrogenated Cocoglycerides, VP/Hexadecene Copolymer, PEG 40 Castor Oil, Sodium Cetearyl Sulfate, Xanthan Gum, Trisodium EDTA, Sodium Hydroxide, Alumina, Simethicone, Phenoxyethanol, DMDM Hydantoin

on 3/8/2012 9:49:00 PM

WOW! this thing is AMAZING! I can't say it enough I use this on my face after I wash my face in the morning and at night. It does have a smell of sunscreen but it goes away I feel like this helps control my acne. I have oily acne prone skin and this helps keep my skin oil and acne under control I have also just stared using this on my back where I also have acne and I can see the difference after a couple of weeks. It leaves my skin super soft. I also use this under my makeup with no problem. I can't stress it enough how good this is. The product also last a long time around 5 months.

on 3/7/2012 3:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I have been using Eucerin Everyday SPF30 Moisturizer for 10 years and NOTHING beats it! I literally have tried EVERY daily high SPF moisturizer on the market (Vanicream, Olay, Neutrogena.. etc.) This product is a lifesaver to us who have skin cancer issues. Long story short .. this is the ONLY product that doesn't irritate my fair sensitive skin. The white cast has never bothered me as long as my skin is protected and NOT GREASY! There is a clear appreciation from those of us who need this product as a PROTECTIVE element rather than a general moisturizing product.

After reading great reviews on this product, I decided to go out and buy a bottle. I have dry skin on my face due to use of Benzoyl Peroxide as many of you know, to treat acne. I was hoping this moisturizer would help with my dry skin. But, in reality, it didn't help at all. The actual consistency of the product was much lighter than what I'm used to. Also, the product does not blend into your skin. It left white patches on my face which made my face look ghost like instead of blending with my natural skin colour. That bothered me a lot seeing as this never happened to me while using any other moisturizer before. I think this product is meant for people who don't have dry skin and is just looking for a light-weight moisturizer with SPF in it. It didn't work out for me because I needed a much heavier moisturizer to keep my dry skin soft. I now use Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream on my face and it does wonders in keeping my face baby soft. :)

on 1/29/2012 12:03:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is the only moisturizer I have found that I can use every single day without it causing redness or acne in my sensitive skin. I will probably keep using it for a while!

I use this as a daily moisturizer with spf rather than as a traditional sunscreen. As a sunscreen, however, it's definitely worthy of five stars. I don't know any other sunscreen that I could wear every single day without getting my pores clogged.

on 1/28/2012 8:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I was looking for a good sunscreen that would have a higher concentration of protection. It made my face oily so I gave to my sister.

on 1/28/2012 2:20:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I wanted to get a moisturizer with SPF in it, so I decided to give this one a try. I really like it b/c it sinks into my skin and doesn't feel sticky; there's not much of a smell and I like the pump it comes with. I've only used this in the fall/winter so far, so I'm not sure how it will perform for me in the summer, but I'll definitely repurchase this.

on 1/22/2012 3:46:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Relaxed, Fine

My skin is very fair and sensitive, and sunscreen is my main defense against premature aging (most of the "sensitive" anti-aging products are far too strong for me), so sunscreens are something I try out a lot.

I wanted to try this sunscreen because it is marketed for sensitive skin, and have heard good things about Eucerin, so why not?

Well lets start with the positive, the texture is light and easy to spread (too light for me because my skin is dry, so I have another moisturizer) and it sinks in very quickly. There is a strong "sunscreen" smell. My skin is left matte and a little smoother. But then comes the fall.

As soon as I have applied this to my face it rolls off. Literally. Neck, forehead, cheeks, everywhere, it rolls off.

I actually asked a dermatologist about this, and his immediate response was, "You're putting too much on". At the time I was struck dumb so I let it go, but now that I've had some time to think about this I strongly believe it is just this sunscreen.

I have been using sunscreen *daily* since I was 14. Daily. I've tried a lot over the years and I have never had a sunscreen roll up on me like this. Just for my own curiosity I put a thinner layer on, and it still rolled up on me. I honestly think my chemistry does not work with this sunscreen.
While I do use a moisturizer underneath, I let it sit in for 10-15 before I put on the sunscreen (I have breakfast, etc), and again, I don't have this problem with other sunscreens.

..alas, the hunt for the HG sunscreen continues.

on 1/14/2012 3:33:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this stuff! I have been using it for years. I love that it's an everyday face lotion that has spf (without have the grease sunscreens frequently have). Not only does it have spf, but it's spf 30 and UVA/UVB. Other face lotions I have seen only have an spf 15 if they have any at all. I put this on right after the shower, and I don't go a day without using it. It moisturizes very well. If I'm going to be outside all day, I just apply it in the morning and I don't even have to reapply - even after being in the water! I don't get sunburnt at all, which really says something because I get beat red if I don't wear sunscreen.

on 12/17/2011 8:06:00 PM

This is a great spf lotion. It's gentle on my acne prone/combination skin. It doesn't irritate. It provides good yet not too heavy moisturization during the summer time. In the winter I'll put this over a slightly more winter friendly day moisturizer to still keep the high spf sun protection. (It doesn't provide quite enough moisture for my skin in the winter, hence the four lippies instead of 5.) I'll also mix this sometimes with my liquid foundations to create a tinted moisturizer. I love that it has a pump, because that makes it more sanitary. This is a solid product to be a part of anyone's skin care routine.

Just a bit of a background on my skin: Extremely reactive, and for a long time, I was unable to wear any kind of SPF I tried because they all caused severe irritations to my face.
For some reason, despite wanting to give up on finding SPF that worked, I tried this out of desperation. My skin actually loves it. It soothes, it moisturizes and it protects! It does have a bit of a white cast at first, but I make sure to blend it in really well. No irritation, no breakouts.
I find the finish leaves my skin quite dewy and healthy looking.
All I can say is thank the Universe for this product because I don't know where I'd be without it!