October 22, 2014 | 1825 users online

Fragrances - Parlux - Jessica Simpson - Fancy

rated 1 of 5 on 8/31/2011 10:49:00 PM More reviews by yogo80

DISGUSTING. It smells like something a 10 year old would wear. No sophistication what so ever. My boyfriend loves vanilla scents I really wanted to like it. This was just gross. Gave me a headache the first 20 minutes, smelt about the same for the next 10 hrs, just got less strong. And MY GOD, IS IT STRONG. At the very end of its miserable life, the scent smells like those dolls that were scented with sweet factory -made smell sprayed on smelling weird plastic-Barbie smell with some synthetic vanilla smell. Mostly plastic though. If you want to smell like you've just been to Toys R Us, I guess this is a good choice.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/24/2011 3:58:00 AM More reviews by missmshl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

i absolutely loved jessican simpson's fancy love, so i thought i'd like this as well and went ahead and bought it. big mistake. this is very generic, typical sweet floral-vanilla scent. smells plastic-y, synthetic, unsophisticated... very much like a softer version of pink sugar. the top notes are a bit fruitier and lighter than pink sugar, but the drydown smells exactly the same, but a little less stronger and less of the 'burnt' note that pink sugar has. i give this 3 stars because it lasts more than 6 hours on me, and despite the lack of character in the fragrance, it's totally wearable. it just smells like every other teeny bopper celebrity fragrance out there.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2011 7:22:00 PM More reviews by allred

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Caramel, toffee, woody drydown, berry and a tiny whiff of flowers at first. The drydown fairly floats around me; love it! So perfect for fall and winter. Edit: I am falling in love with this fragrance more every day. The dry, warm almondy drydown is bliss.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2011 6:26:00 PM More reviews by zoeybear20

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am very surprised to really like this fragrance. I was at Kohl's one day spritzing different perfumes on those tester strips, and I kept sniffing Fancy and thought it was pretty good. I went ahead and purchased it, because it was such a good deal. I got the set with the matching lotion for around 15 dollars. It's such a sweet smoky vanilla with some peach fuzz to my nose. The scent lasts quite a long time, too, and if you layer it with the lotion it lasts all day. I always get compliments when I wear this. The bottle design is very pretty, too. I think this fragrance can be worn by pretty much any woman at any age.
I need to go and try out her other scents since I like this one so much.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2011 7:31:00 PM More reviews by Tamahawk

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

WOW! What a hidden gem! This is exactly what I have been looking for! First when I put it on, it smelled like Pink Sugar with a peachy scent, and I was like, eh, I already have this one... But, a few moments afterwards, magic occurred. I smell a vanilla pipe tobacco, like Guerlain SDV or TF Tobacco Vanille. Success! I am in love!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2011 9:41:00 PM More reviews by Shoppingisasport

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

For a long time this was my favorite, it was one of those fragrances that got lots of compliments, lots of people asking what it was, etc. But I noticed that after a while the smell would wear off at the end of the day. Then it just started smelling chemically. I can't correctly describe the smell, but it started to smell really watered down, which disappointed me, cause the actual fragrance is really great.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2011 9:24:00 AM More reviews by marymary

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Top note is berry-juicy, with the vanilla coming through quite quickly. Creamy, soft, sweet without being screechy. It's on the gourmand side but not VERY foody. It's a very nice vanilla, and I've tried/owned them all from Shalimar to Britney. Seems to last a few hours, whereas Curious in Control, with a similar vanilla note lasts ten minutes if that on me.
Packaging is cute, with the gold embossing.
Price is excellent on cheapsmells.com
I deduct one star because I simply can't give it the same number of stars I gave l'heure bleue!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2011 11:21:00 PM More reviews by pinkfrost52

This smells very yummy and delish - a nice "foodie" sort of scent. However, it is a little cloying especially when worn on a hot day so minus one lippy from me. I smell lots of sugary caramel/vanilla notes in the opening that changes to a nutty-like ending on my skin. I don't get any florals or fruity notes in this which is a shame. Overall, it's a lovely warm gourmand but I wouldn't choose this to wear during Summer because it doesn't wear so well in the heat.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2011 8:42:00 PM More reviews by michellecreasey

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Ok i admit i am a fragrance addict!! I have more than i can count and came across this at my local Priceline store I sprayed it on my arm and was so suprised i really didnt expect much i guess because i have the BS fantasy and grew tired of it And it is a vanilla cupcake type smell also But this is so different This reminds me of that warm vanilla sugar smell Like at xmas time The body shop had a vanilla oil years ago that had that same warmth about it Just yummy But they reformulated it This has so much more than just a vanilla base its blended so nicely with very suble fruit and florals and the caramel gives it such a beautiful warmth Just lovely This is definately hitting HG status for me And this is coming from someone who gets sick of perfume really quick This is a really well blended perfume I LOVE IT!!!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2011 7:29:00 PM More reviews by alee26

I brought this only just recently so I'm still getting used to the scent. It's a very creamy sugary vanilla mixture on my skin. It lingers quite well and mellows out to a light caramel. My friend who tested this perfume said it smells similar to Aquolina Pink Sugar. It just smells yummy!