January 28, 2015 | 1922 users online

Liquid - Lancome - Photogenic Lumessence Light Mastering & Line-Smoothing Makeup

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2010 11:08:00 AM More reviews by perfectionseeker

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have to give this foundation 5 out of 5. I used to love Chanel but then stopped smoking and found it was too hydrating to the point of greasy. I'm surprised how good this is and how it hasn't yet become a cult product - not so matte as to be caked on, not too shiny so as to look greasy and it's covering power and staying power are unrivalled in my opinion. Wore it on my wedding day and didn't need touching up and made my skin flawless and glowy. Pricewise it's expensive but worth it and 1 pump is all you need so lasts a long time. Looks smart, pump stays clean and if you get towards the bottle you can unscrew the top to make sure you use every last drop. Very impressed, well done lancome.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/7/2010 10:31:00 AM More reviews by bright123

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Really like this foundation! I havent been to the Lancome counter in a long time. The people at the counter at Dillards were very helpful and gave me a huge sample of this stuff to try, I had enough for about two weeks of continuous use and the color and consistancy of this foundation is perfect for my aging skin. Plus it did not make me break out, which quite a few moisturizing foundations do. I really hate it when makeup counter people give me a little packet of a one or 2 time use sample foundation as it just doesnt give me the ability to really test to see if it works well with my sensitive, aging, complicated skin. This color, buff5, matches my nw25 skin perfectly. I am a cool toned girl and all the hype about "most people have yellow based skin" has reduced my foundation choices immensely. I look sick in yellow toned foundations, but dont want overly pink ones either. This foundation lasts on my face without powder for my long 12 plus hour nursing shifts. I think this is good foundation. Hope this helps you out there. EDIT-think this coverage is a bit heavy-am still looking

rated 3 of 5 on 4/17/2010 10:34:00 PM More reviews by jaann

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

In my experience, everything that the name of this foundation claims is true. I have always liked the way it made my skin look and feel. I came to appreciate it even more when I saw a photo of myself taken at the last New Year's Eve party: my face was glowing and flawless! Photogenic indeed!

The bad part of this foundation for me is that every time I use this, I seem to get break-outs afterward. I don't know whether it is simply coincidence or a real cause-and-effect. Given how great my skin looks in this, I am reluctant to throw it away, so I keep it in case there is an event where I really want to look good and don't mind dealing with the consequences later. I can definitely not use this every day.
continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2010 5:36:00 PM More reviews by stephani99

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I already love the creme (compact) version of this and wanted the same thing in a lighter formula for spring/summer. This definitely delivered; now I have two loves instead of one. The price is worth it to me because a little goes such a long way, plus you can get GWPs, free shipping and other member deals if you join their website. I tried for years to find an illuminating foundation for my normal to dry skin that isn't sparkly, doesn't break me out, doesn't look/feel dry or mask-like an hour later, in the right shade and haven't had any success, until now. I wear Buff 2 (NC20) and I only need one pump, but you can use more or less depending on the coverage you want. I was amazed at how well such a small amount covered the first time I tried it, seriously. Regardless of how I apply it: brush, fingers or sponge, primer or no primer, it looks flawless; no streaks, no blending lines, no patches in drier areas, no obvious pores, nothing. I don't even need a concealer as much as I did prior to this and very little on days I do. It goes on smoothly, blends seamlessly, doesn't settle into fine lines, doesn't get cakey if I use a setting powder that day (Lancome Photogenic or Smashbox Halo) and doesn't slide off my t-zone on a hot day (I blot more on those days out of habit, but I don't absolutely have to). It doesn't oxidize, cause breakouts or irritation, and removes easily with my regular cleansing routine. It makes my skin look even, smooth, glowing, and airbrushed without a heavy look or feel, but it's definitely not for oily skin; it isn't meant to control oil. It is dewy, make no mistake, and I can see how those on the normal-to-oily side of the skin spectrum would say this didn't work for them - it's the opposite of how I feel with oil-control or matte formulas, even HD ones like Revlon PhotoReady- they feel tight, look flat and dry, this doesn't. I need some oil, I guess, and for normal-to-dry skin types like me I think it's simply wonderful. As for the "line-smoothing" effects, ones I have aren't as noticable when I wear this and my skin definitely looks better than any other brand I've tried, so I tend to agree with that statement. I love the slim glass pump bottle (hygenic and easy to store even in my small traincase) and I can't detect any fragrance. The SPF 15 is a nice touch but that's really all it is; the small amount I need is not enough for adaquate sun protection so I apply a separate sunscreen underneath. Overall I love this foundation. I use it every day and will repurchase when I run out, probably as long as they make it. (That is pretty much the best thing I've said about any product, whoa!) :)

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 3/2/2010 10:22:00 AM More reviews by karaEMP

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This foundation made my skin look so beautiful. Luminous finish, excellent coverage, lasted all day and looked as fresh in the evening as it did in the morning. Did not slip into fine lines. Perfect in every way. I was in love, with absolutely beautiful skin... for 3 days. Then my skin started breaking out. Big time. Clogged pores, blackheads -- it was awful. And I was SO sad that I couldn't wear this foundation, because it really was wonderful. If you are not prone to clogged pores/ acne, this is a five lippie product... wear it and be beautiful... as for me, the search continues :(

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2010 11:14:00 AM More reviews by tweety1973

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

ok so I am a makeup yunkie!!! no doubt about that! never tired Lancome this was the first time, I was walking in Boots last week and come across a offer buy two product and you get a gift set full of great goodies, well I am sucker for these gifts, well I was intrigued by the Photogenic foundation and the SA gave me a sample when I got home I tried it stright away as I love trying new things, I recieved a sample in no3 which was a great match for me , I put my philosophy the present on first my HG primer and waited 2 mins then I applied this foundation it went on so smooth my complexion look glowy and alive plump and hydrated , I have some super dry areas and by the end of the day my skin look like it need a good drink, I was so pleased with the results when I put this on when I got home from work, my husband though I look so beautful it great when you get complements hehehe ,The next day I put this makeup on it went on smooth and it look beautful, by the end off the day my skin looked hydrated and still look as fresh as when I Put it on in morning , I Have only been using this a short time but I am so happy with the results, I would highly recommend this product,pop and get a sample!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2010 7:02:00 PM More reviews by danie21

i l♥♥♥vee thiss!!!
my skin usually brakes out when i wear make up,, but this made my pimples go away!!,
its soo thick (covers my scars) and looks natural, if you know how to apply make up..
i think everyone should try this on, i have an oily t-zone, but lancome powder over it should takes care of that((:

rated 3 of 5 on 2/18/2010 8:40:00 AM More reviews by lexileven

I have to say that I think this is a really good foundation, but it was mis-sold to me.
I had shade 010 which is a great match for my very pale winter skin - Lancome are one of the few brands to do pale foundations that aren't far too pink. This goes on smoothly and gives a light to medium dewy finish, it does reflect light but isn't too 'sparkly'. It didn't irritate my skin.

So, what is the problem? This is no good at all unless you have very dry skin. I bought it in the airport, and it came highly recommended despite me saying I had an oily t-zone. After about 2 hours it is really shiny and begins to slip, and powder on top just gives that 'waxy' look. I went to my normal Lancome counter and the SA told me she would never recommend this for my skin type, I guess I should not have purchased ina a rush!

I gave this to my 60 yr old mother, with very, very dry skin, and she loves it, so not a total waste.I think steer clear if you have any oil at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2010 5:06:00 PM More reviews by doe07

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have a really difficult time finding a foundation that gives me the type of dewy finish in a shade that matches my extremely pale complexion. This foundation, in Ivoire #2 is perfect!

With primer, it goes on so smoothly and evenly, I can't believe the difference it makes. Yet, it looks natural, and doesn't cake or settle into fine lines.

I've mostly turned to higher end makeup, so I tend not to experiment as much as I once did with drugstore brands. Fortunately, this foundation meets all of my needs and expectations, and I will be repurchasing it indefinitely.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2010 12:27:00 AM More reviews by virany

I really like this foundation. It gives me a dewy finish and makes my skin look fresh and polished. It evens out my skin tone very well and doesn't irritate my skin (dry combination). It does not feel heavy. I would repurchase.