December 19, 2014 | 1056 users online

Liquid - Lancome - Photogenic Lumessence Light Mastering & Line-Smoothing Makeup

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2010 5:36:00 PM More reviews by stephani99

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I already love the creme (compact) version of this and wanted the same thing in a lighter formula for spring/summer. This definitely delivered; now I have two loves instead of one. The price is worth it to me because a little goes such a long way, plus you can get GWPs, free shipping and other member deals if you join their website. I tried for years to find an illuminating foundation for my normal to dry skin that isn't sparkly, doesn't break me out, doesn't look/feel dry or mask-like an hour later, in the right shade and haven't had any success, until now. I wear Buff 2 (NC20) and I only need one pump, but you can use more or less depending on the coverage you want. I was amazed at how well such a small amount covered the first time I tried it, seriously. Regardless of how I apply it: brush, fingers or sponge, primer or no primer, it looks flawless; no streaks, no blending lines, no patches in drier areas, no obvious pores, nothing. I don't even need a concealer as much as I did prior to this and very little on days I do. It goes on smoothly, blends seamlessly, doesn't settle into fine lines, doesn't get cakey if I use a setting powder that day (Lancome Photogenic or Smashbox Halo) and doesn't slide off my t-zone on a hot day (I blot more on those days out of habit, but I don't absolutely have to). It doesn't oxidize, cause breakouts or irritation, and removes easily with my regular cleansing routine. It makes my skin look even, smooth, glowing, and airbrushed without a heavy look or feel, but it's definitely not for oily skin; it isn't meant to control oil. It is dewy, make no mistake, and I can see how those on the normal-to-oily side of the skin spectrum would say this didn't work for them - it's the opposite of how I feel with oil-control or matte formulas, even HD ones like Revlon PhotoReady- they feel tight, look flat and dry, this doesn't. I need some oil, I guess, and for normal-to-dry skin types like me I think it's simply wonderful. As for the "line-smoothing" effects, ones I have aren't as noticable when I wear this and my skin definitely looks better than any other brand I've tried, so I tend to agree with that statement. I love the slim glass pump bottle (hygenic and easy to store even in my small traincase) and I can't detect any fragrance. The SPF 15 is a nice touch but that's really all it is; the small amount I need is not enough for adaquate sun protection so I apply a separate sunscreen underneath. Overall I love this foundation. I use it every day and will repurchase when I run out, probably as long as they make it. (That is pretty much the best thing I've said about any product, whoa!) :)

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 3/2/2010 10:22:00 AM More reviews by karaEMP

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This foundation made my skin look so beautiful. Luminous finish, excellent coverage, lasted all day and looked as fresh in the evening as it did in the morning. Did not slip into fine lines. Perfect in every way. I was in love, with absolutely beautiful skin... for 3 days. Then my skin started breaking out. Big time. Clogged pores, blackheads -- it was awful. And I was SO sad that I couldn't wear this foundation, because it really was wonderful. If you are not prone to clogged pores/ acne, this is a five lippie product... wear it and be beautiful... as for me, the search continues :(

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2010 11:14:00 AM More reviews by tweety1973

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

ok so I am a makeup yunkie!!! no doubt about that! never tired Lancome this was the first time, I was walking in Boots last week and come across a offer buy two product and you get a gift set full of great goodies, well I am sucker for these gifts, well I was intrigued by the Photogenic foundation and the SA gave me a sample when I got home I tried it stright away as I love trying new things, I recieved a sample in no3 which was a great match for me , I put my philosophy the present on first my HG primer and waited 2 mins then I applied this foundation it went on so smooth my complexion look glowy and alive plump and hydrated , I have some super dry areas and by the end of the day my skin look like it need a good drink, I was so pleased with the results when I put this on when I got home from work, my husband though I look so beautful it great when you get complements hehehe ,The next day I put this makeup on it went on smooth and it look beautful, by the end off the day my skin looked hydrated and still look as fresh as when I Put it on in morning , I Have only been using this a short time but I am so happy with the results, I would highly recommend this product,pop and get a sample!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2010 7:02:00 PM More reviews by danie21

i l♥♥♥vee thiss!!!
my skin usually brakes out when i wear make up,, but this made my pimples go away!!,
its soo thick (covers my scars) and looks natural, if you know how to apply make up..
i think everyone should try this on, i have an oily t-zone, but lancome powder over it should takes care of that((:

rated 3 of 5 on 2/18/2010 8:40:00 AM More reviews by lexileven

I have to say that I think this is a really good foundation, but it was mis-sold to me.
I had shade 010 which is a great match for my very pale winter skin - Lancome are one of the few brands to do pale foundations that aren't far too pink. This goes on smoothly and gives a light to medium dewy finish, it does reflect light but isn't too 'sparkly'. It didn't irritate my skin.

So, what is the problem? This is no good at all unless you have very dry skin. I bought it in the airport, and it came highly recommended despite me saying I had an oily t-zone. After about 2 hours it is really shiny and begins to slip, and powder on top just gives that 'waxy' look. I went to my normal Lancome counter and the SA told me she would never recommend this for my skin type, I guess I should not have purchased ina a rush!

I gave this to my 60 yr old mother, with very, very dry skin, and she loves it, so not a total waste.I think steer clear if you have any oil at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2010 5:06:00 PM More reviews by doe07

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have a really difficult time finding a foundation that gives me the type of dewy finish in a shade that matches my extremely pale complexion. This foundation, in Ivoire #2 is perfect!

With primer, it goes on so smoothly and evenly, I can't believe the difference it makes. Yet, it looks natural, and doesn't cake or settle into fine lines.

I've mostly turned to higher end makeup, so I tend not to experiment as much as I once did with drugstore brands. Fortunately, this foundation meets all of my needs and expectations, and I will be repurchasing it indefinitely.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2010 12:27:00 AM More reviews by virany

I really like this foundation. It gives me a dewy finish and makes my skin look fresh and polished. It evens out my skin tone very well and doesn't irritate my skin (dry combination). It does not feel heavy. I would repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2010 9:08:00 AM More reviews by MissKiss09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I find this is a very good product for me. I am definitely happy I tried this.
Application: I used my fingers to dot it all over my face, then use a foundation brush to blend. I find this is the best way to get the right coverage and not over do it. This also helps to conserve makeup. I do find, though, that if I use too much it streaks a little on my forehead. This might just be a me problem becuase this always seems to happen.
Look: It definitely has that "light mastering" effect. It looks so fabulous in pictures, no ghostly vampire flash effect. The coverage is medium, and I don't think it looks very good if you try to make it full coverage (just my skin though). I find it gives me coverage and luminosity while still looking like skin.
Staying power: While not 15 hours, I find it lasts quite well. I use primer and set it with a powder and it seems to be there after my 10 hour shift (though I may re-apply powder throughout). It's not fully there, but still there. Not as good as I would like, but above average for me surely. It has a silky, slightly greasy, feel but I don't touch my face very often so it's not a problem. If you're a chronic face toucher I can definitely see how this would wear off more easily (by the way, don't do that! It causes all the dirt and grime you've touched to come off onto your face and it helps all sorts of bacteria and germs find their way into your eyes, nose and mouth)
Package: Mine is still fairly full so I haven't had to deal with the last of the bottle problems, but I like the package. The pump lets me control how much comes out, and is easily disinfected. The cap does fall off easily in my makeup bag though!
Price: Ouch. Like $45. But when it's a good product it's worth it to splurge. Also, it's so effective for me that I don't even have to use a whole pump. It'll last quite awhile.
Overall: I'm very happy with this product. I WOULD buy again but I love to try new things so once I'm running low I'll probably try something else but keep this as backup or for nights out. Definitely give this a try! (Remember not to buy right away though! Let it sit all day and see how it lasts for you, everyone's skin is different!)

rated 2 of 5 on 11/28/2009 9:56:00 PM More reviews by vanitybarbie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm a sucker for foundation,what can I say lol.I own quite a few bc I like to see what the higher end brands have to offer. Well I can day I honestly hate this. I have very dry skin and have never dealt this foundation slipping off my skin and being patchy.and semi shiny/oily on the nose after abt 4 hours.so gross. I love the dewy finish it gives @ first but after abt an hour...:-( no good. Sorry lancome think ill be sticking with my chanel vitalumiere

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2009 6:12:00 PM More reviews by disasterpiece

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

I was cornered by the guy at the counter(he practically twisted my arm! ha!) but wasn't looking for anything in particular. I just got off work and my skin was scarily blotchy, as usual. He told me about the GWP promo, where it was 52 dollars with a purchase of 36 dollars or more. Anyway, I needed to find something 36 dollars, so I told him I needed new foundation. I have been using MUFE HD liquid foundation and while I do like it, it just lost it's appeal on me. He told me to sit down and did half my face with this stuff. He showed me in the mirror and I told him to immediately do the other side. Holy...this stuff is awesome and does brighten your face while hiding imperfections. You really don't even need concealer. I will be buying again! Plus, he took 10 bucks off my order! Good sales techniques, and good consumer(me). Oh, and you really only need a drop or two. Gooood stuff.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No