December 21, 2014 | 1637 users online

Mascara - Dior - Diorshow Iconic High Definition Lash Curler Mascara

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2011 10:58:00 AM More reviews by ic3fall

This is my HG mascara. I go back to it when I'm in a hurry or when a new product fails me. I took 1 lippy off cause it sometimes gives me panda eyes when the day is too humid. My lashes grow downwards and I didn't really see the curling power until I changed a new method (shiseido eyelash curler before mascara and then a electronic curler after mascara. This is the only method that works for me. Damn stubborn straight lashes!). After that I compared all my mascaras and this one has the best curling power :) It can last all day when it's not too humid. In terms of length and volume, this mascara defines and lengthens lashes well but not dramatically so. It's not realistic to expect miracles from products so I tend to be moderate in my appraisals.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2011 3:25:00 PM More reviews by babykitten9

A very good Dior mascara. I have yet to find a Dior mascara that's not good. It doesn't give much volume (I have full but short lashes) but it does provide the length and good separation. Stays on the whole day without smudging, flaking etc. I combine it with Dior maximizer lash serum but then again if I apply two layers of the Iconic mascara I get the exact same result. I would absolutely buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/12/2011 5:11:00 PM More reviews by ikon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This mascara is beautiful. It makes my eyelashes longer, curlier and fuller. It also is a bit glossy which makes it a very nice choice for fancier makeup.

Only issue I have with this is how difficult it is to remove. I got the non-waterproof one and using a variety of eye makeup removers and cleansers (including ones for waterproof mascaras), it's still very difficult to remove and requires minutes of rubbing which makes my eyes red. This is by far the most difficult to remove mascara that I have ever used.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2011 8:40:00 AM More reviews by Rexina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Blue

Got a sample of this, and it gives you pretty long and separated lashes. I get surprisingly many compliments when waring this.. But I can not use this when I'm working because it does not last all day without rubbing of. In humid conditions or on a rainy day it gives me panda eyes. Not a pretty look! And my cleanser which removes makeup well, has a problem removing this. Why?

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2011 1:50:00 PM More reviews by Melina8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my newest love in mascara... i used the ysl mascara before(can't remember the name) that was good too, but this one is my favorite...i always come back to this one..If you have short lashes go for this...i have really short lashes, but i have got a lot of compliments on how long my lashes are when i use this one..Volume isn't very wow, so if you want volume, i don't think this one is the right one...but for length its just wow:)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2011 2:01:00 PM More reviews by lauracrua

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a great everyday mascara, it coats my fair lashes with product quickly and gives a clump free result. Oh and it lasts so well without flaking or running. I have worn this all day and into the early hours and it still stayed put (this includes dancing !!). Also didn't irritate my normally watery sensitive eyes.

It does however go gloopy after about 3 months use or so, it doesn't become unusable but this is a bit irritating with such an expensive mascara. Expensive but worth it for me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2011 10:18:00 PM More reviews by tobacco_flower

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I got interested in eyelashes and mascaras really late, so this was my first mascara (the rest before were either freebies or GWPs which I didn't know how to use properly). Anyway, I got it in non-waterproof formula thinking it'd be real hard to remove. Big mistake. While this mascara really curls the eyelashes up, and ends length, it smudges badly. In addition, if you swipe more than twice, it'll clump your eyelashes. This is actually more buck than bang, so I'd give it a miss if you can. Besides it burnt a big whole in my pocket, about SGD 50++. Not repurchasing.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2011 10:04:00 AM More reviews by tracyveronika

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Sorry to spoil the party, but I don't like this--to me, it's not worth spending $28. No volume, a little bit of length, and no noticable curling. What does this mascara actually do? I like the brush, but the formula is weak. I get better results from Maybelline Lash Stiletto Voluptuous, and that tops out at $7.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/4/2011 5:57:00 AM More reviews by influxious

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have the Diorshow Iconic Extreme in the rinsable formula. I have asian lashes but they are very long and have a slight curl to them. Diorshow Iconic is the best lengthening mascara I've ever tried and it does a great job at lifting your lashes, and holding a decent curl after you use an eyelash curler. It doesn't smudge or flake on me!

However, don't get this mascara if you want volume, it just coats your lashes with a rich black color. It also has a tendency to clump and I don't find it very defining. This mascara is quite natural (great 'day' mascara), which is not my desired effect as I prefer more drama (lots of volume!). Taking off this mascara is fairly easy, I gently remove it with water and it comes out in these little fibers.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2011 5:00:00 PM More reviews by Squeezeweasel

I'm on my fourth tube, so I'm guessing it's probably an HG for me. I wear mascara daily, and bought this after a friend wore it to dinner and sat opposite me. Her lashes looked great - individually defined, separated, long, dark and plushy, so I asked what mascara she was wearing (to the derision of all the guys at the table).

It's pricey, but I find it adds great definition, length and volume, and, most importantly, it doesn't leave any fallout on my lids (greasy, so very prone to it with most mascaras) or cheeks. I wear contacts and have quite a sensitive lashline, but I've had no tingling, itching or discomfort with this mascara. I've found it hard to find a mascara that gives good length and volume without clumping - I've tried them all, from YSL to Maybelline - and this is the only one I've repurchased repeatedly.

I recently bought the giant Sephora box of mascaras in the hope I could wean myself off this very pricey stuff, and didn't find a single one in the set that came close, unfortunately. If you get the chance, buy it duty-free to offset some of the price!