September 21, 2014 | 1202 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Lancome - La Base Pro

rated 4 of 5 on 5/1/2012 4:55:00 PM More reviews by snowybear39

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have super oily/ problematic/ sensitive skin so i instantly feared this produc.t but i was convinced by the sales rep that it would benefit my skin. So i gave this product the benefit of the doubt. Next day i used it and figured it felt too greasy but as the day went on my face didnt get oilier. it just felt as if the primer was trapping the oil between my skin and the primer. weird but because of that i knew for sure id break out before bed time. but odd enough, no break outs! i hate that there is no spf but it does control the appearance of oil secretion. Will definitely continue to use unless it takes a turn for the worse.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2012 11:39:00 PM More reviews by Stephmua93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I have used wayy too many primers ( make up is my job), including smashbox photo finish, guerlain l'or, skin prep fx, clarins, Mac, benefit etc etc and this is my favorite. It's expensive, but worth it. I think people should do research before bashing the silicone content. In the makeup business it isn't a bad thing for a primer, it makes the application of foundation smooth/even and helps from creasing and clogging. If you find it too greasy, I would suggest a base like the loreal studio secrets ( same as the new Lancôme ones just lest expensive).
I recommend this to everyone, or at least give it a try and ask for a sample to be made at your sephora or SDM.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/18/2012 2:24:00 PM More reviews by colleend0917

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Yes texture while applying this to your face feels nice. HOWEVER, after a few hrs my face is very patchy and looks like i put foundation on sections of my face and . It makes my skin oily.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2012 9:20:00 AM More reviews by Remarkable

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I have been using Lancome's La Base Pro primer since the beginning of March, so I think I am entitled to review it by now.

Let's see the presentation first. It comes in the well-known lovely Lancome silver packaging and in a glass bottle with a pump. So it is easily portable and practical. There is 25 ml of product in the bottle which is 5 ml less than in the Chanel primers for example.

It does make my skin smoothed, radiant and gorgeous but it does not make my makeup last any longer than it does without it. Also, it has an unpleasant smell of oil or fuel which I personally do not like.

The biggest concern of mine is that I am already running out of the product just after 1 month of using it which is not very cost-efficient.

I do not think I will repurchase this primer. Now I am trying Le Blanc by Chanel.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2012 2:41:00 PM More reviews by JAJ1ETA

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

When everyone first came out with all the hype about primers, i didn't want to buy into it b/c i thought it was just another step to make-up and having to pay more money...BUT this primer is AWESOME...it really does make my make-up go on smoother! idk if it really makes it last longer, but def. makes it go on really nice.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/14/2012 12:01:00 AM More reviews by mel567

I only use primers when it comes to special events, and this is the primer I use for that. I love how this has a pump, easy to work with, feels silky and soft on your face, can't feel it once you apply it and it's oil free! I have no idea about what I hate about this...maybe the price? It works and that is all what matters. I'm happy to have this when it comes times where I get dressed up for events. Go buy it, you won't regret it, because out of the primers your going to decide to buy in the future they're most likely to sum up to the same price or even with a much more higher price than the La Base Pro!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/3/2012 12:59:00 PM More reviews by mangochutney

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this as a friend told me I HAD to have a primer! Its very expensive but you dont use very much each time so per use its not that bad I suppose. However, I don't rate it at all. On your hand it has a lovely velvet feel but when you put it on your face, it feels greasy, and I already have an oily T zone. I found when I out my Lancome Teint Idole 24hr foundation over the top, it doesnt "grip" to where the primer has been applied on my cheeks. It seems to go patchy. And I would have thought that a LAncome foundation would complement the primer but no.
As of tomorrow, I will be applying my foundation to my moisturised face, like I always have done!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/26/2012 3:48:00 AM More reviews by needlv

Overall, this product is just average for me.

I tried it on half my face, under foundation to see if there was any difference in the longevity of the foundation. I have pale skin and a very oily t-zone. The difference between either side of my face was minimal. There was no difference in my oily t-zone - so it definitely did not help control the oil.

It did make the foundation easy to apply and spread over my face, and initially fills in all the pores and lines perfectly. But because it didn't keep the pores / lines filled in (after 2 hours, no difference) or affect the longevity of foundation lasting on my face, I won't be purchasing this product again.

I think I will try looking at other primer brands to see if they are any better.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2012 1:56:00 AM More reviews by luv4free

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was very hesitant buying this product, since it was so expensive and I was afraid I would be disappointed. But I was looking for a good primer, and came across this while I was shopping. Now usually I do research on a product before I buy it, especially if it's expensive, just so I know exactly what I'm looking for. But, I really liked this primer. It makes my skin feel clean, and fresh and not too heavy. It does a really good job of priming the skin, giving a nice long-lasting effect to your makeup and just setting the skin. It looks very natural on my skin. I wouldn't say it's the perfect primer for pore and wrinkle reduction, but it does reduce the appearance of imperfections. It's very smooth and easy to put on. What I don't like about this product, is that it feels kinda greasy, and it takes a while for it to be properly blended in and dry before you put on your foundation. I think I would repurchase this product, because it's probably the best primer I've come across. But, we'll see if any other primers can compete with it and for a lower price.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/17/2012 8:09:00 AM More reviews by aldrinmoore

I USED THIS PRODUCT YEARS AGO AND I LIKED IT SO I DECIDED TO BUY IT AGAIN THIS YEAR.HOWEVER I DID BUY IT IN THE SUMMER LAST YEAR AND IT MADE MY MAKE UP LOOK NICE AS I THINK WEAR MY SKIN GOT WARM IT WARMED THE PRIMER UP TOO WHICH GAVE MY FOUNDATION A NICE DEWY LOOK.THIS HASN'T HAPPENED AND I THINK ITS BECAUSE MY SKIN IS QUITE DRY AND COLD AT THE MOMMENT.IT DOES LEAVE A LOVELY SOFT FINISH BUT I NEED TO BE USING SOMETHING ELSE I THINK.IT IS EXPENSIVE BUT YOU ONLY NEED A LITTLE BIT.