October 26, 2014 | 1481 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Lancome - La Base Pro

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2012 9:45:00 AM More reviews by mandeelui

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Yes it was expensive, but lasts quite a while. 1 pump of this primer is more than enough for the face. It does leave the surface of the face amazingly smooth. Short term, it's brilliant for applying and keeping the make-up on for an extended period of time; Long term, not so good for the skin as the silicone base only smooths the face by filling up uneven bits on the face, in turn slowly suffocating it.

I only ever wear full makeup when I go out or a presentation or to do, so this base works fine, but I probably wouldn't use it on a daily basis simply because of how artificial it feels, and the thought of my poor skin being suffocated every time I use this as a primer puts it off a bit.

Also, this pump applicator isn't so great either, when it runs low it pump just gives up, but I unscrewed the whole thing and scooped the rest out and there was A LOT left on the inside, it filled 1 TheBodyShop sample pot, which probably is another 15 pumps, possibly a £4 worth of product in it. For those of you who chuck the bottle in the bin when the pump stops pumping you're probably chucking away a good proportion of your money, spend 5minutes and scoop the rest into a little pot..

It is a good primer in a sense it does it job well, but am not sure if I will buy it again as it is 1) pricey and 2) personally I feel it prevents my skin from breathing each time I use it

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2012 12:53:00 PM More reviews by Sugarplum1951

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I used this primer for the first time today. I found all of the advertised claims to be true! My liquid foundation GLIDED on over this primer! I think I will save a lot on foundation because I think I only have to use about a third of the amount of foundation with this primer than I usually use. I used a light dusting of colorless translucent powder to set my foundation, as I always do. My face feels soft and smooth and my makeup has stayed beautifully throughout the day, but for my nose, which I touched up with a little translucent powder only once.

I am 60 years old and have sensitive combination skin.

Great product!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/21/2012 11:40:00 AM More reviews by tabbycam

Felt greasy and oily on my skin and the silicone felt heavy. I automatically knew that it wasn't good for my skin because I actually felt like my skin couldn't breathe with it on. Surprise, surprise - it broke me out, consistently, every time I used it. To top it all off, it really wasn't even that great at making my foundation last, I actually think I got oilier throughout the day with it on. All in all, a terrible product for me.

For reference: I have semi-dry combination skin with few breakouts.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/13/2012 3:35:00 AM More reviews by MaddyKate93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Not sure about this product..
It makes makeup go on smoothly, but feels kind of greasy and makes me look too dewy I think. I will purchase a matter foundation like double wear and try it, but with teint idole ultra 24hr, It is too dewy!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2012 9:57:00 AM More reviews by kaelores

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I use this alone to soak up oil and of course before foundation and it leaves my skin very smooth and silky. The only thing is that when u get low on this product, the gel doesnt come through the pump properly. Other than that, no complaints.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/1/2012 4:55:00 PM More reviews by snowybear39

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have super oily/ problematic/ sensitive skin so i instantly feared this produc.t but i was convinced by the sales rep that it would benefit my skin. So i gave this product the benefit of the doubt. Next day i used it and figured it felt too greasy but as the day went on my face didnt get oilier. it just felt as if the primer was trapping the oil between my skin and the primer. weird but because of that i knew for sure id break out before bed time. but odd enough, no break outs! i hate that there is no spf but it does control the appearance of oil secretion. Will definitely continue to use unless it takes a turn for the worse.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2012 11:39:00 PM More reviews by Stephmua93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I have used wayy too many primers ( make up is my job), including smashbox photo finish, guerlain l'or, skin prep fx, clarins, Mac, benefit etc etc and this is my favorite. It's expensive, but worth it. I think people should do research before bashing the silicone content. In the makeup business it isn't a bad thing for a primer, it makes the application of foundation smooth/even and helps from creasing and clogging. If you find it too greasy, I would suggest a base like the loreal studio secrets ( same as the new Lancôme ones just lest expensive).
I recommend this to everyone, or at least give it a try and ask for a sample to be made at your sephora or SDM.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/18/2012 2:24:00 PM More reviews by colleend0917

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Yes texture while applying this to your face feels nice. HOWEVER, after a few hrs my face is very patchy and looks like i put foundation on sections of my face and . It makes my skin oily.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2012 9:20:00 AM More reviews by Remarkable

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I have been using Lancome's La Base Pro primer since the beginning of March, so I think I am entitled to review it by now.

Let's see the presentation first. It comes in the well-known lovely Lancome silver packaging and in a glass bottle with a pump. So it is easily portable and practical. There is 25 ml of product in the bottle which is 5 ml less than in the Chanel primers for example.

It does make my skin smoothed, radiant and gorgeous but it does not make my makeup last any longer than it does without it. Also, it has an unpleasant smell of oil or fuel which I personally do not like.

The biggest concern of mine is that I am already running out of the product just after 1 month of using it which is not very cost-efficient.

I do not think I will repurchase this primer. Now I am trying Le Blanc by Chanel.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2012 2:41:00 PM More reviews by JAJ1ETA

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

When everyone first came out with all the hype about primers, i didn't want to buy into it b/c i thought it was just another step to make-up and having to pay more money...BUT this primer is AWESOME...it really does make my make-up go on smoother! idk if it really makes it last longer, but def. makes it go on really nice.