Nivea A Kiss of Flavor Cherry

3.8

Octyldodecanol, Microcrystalline Wax, Hydrogenated Polydecene, Castor Seed Oil, Cetyl Palmitate, Myristyl Myristate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Bis Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate 2, C20 40 Alkyl Stearate, Glycerin, Carnauba Wax, Tocopheryl Acetate, Jojoba Seed Oil, Sweet Almond Oil, Shea Butter, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Grape Seed Oil, Beeswax, Butyl Methoxydibenzoykmethane, Water, Fragrance, Neohesperidin Dihydrochalcone, Red 7 Lake, Blue 1 (CI 42090), Red 30 Lake

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This is my FAVORITE lip balm.

The color pay off is amazing considering this isn't a gloss or a lipstick, and it's very buildable. It's not too dark ...I'm about as fair skinned as they come and the color isn't "clownish" even with a few coats. I think I was even more impressed by the fact that the tint stays on my lips for hours. Literally. Far better than any "stain" I've ever tried.

This is not an extremely moisturizing balm, unfortunately, which is why I don't give it 4 lippies... But, it gets the job done and it's not drying persay. Also, the packaging isn't stellar, but at $3, I'll get over it.

Bottom line - it's a great balm for slight moisture and a pop of color all in one. I'm a college student and it's super awesome to be able to whip this out and not worry about a mirror, know that I'm getting a little color and moisturizing my lips at the same time. For the price, you can't beat it!

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I love these lip balms!! They for ure are not for very chapped bleeding lips,but if you expholiate them oftan, and use this, then they will stay nice and soft! i love the slight slight tint of red you get from useing this! and the smell is to die for! to me i get cotton candy. but my friend gets cherry.

It's really moisturizing, it smells nice, and it gives my lips a rosy tint. The color might be too much for fair-skinned people. I'm asian and this matches my skin tone pretty well.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

A Kiss of Flavor is a great alternative to lipstick. It has a lovely red color that looks natural on my tan/olive skin and a delicious cherry flavor. At first, I found it a little drying, but that was because I had been using Vanilla Lip Smacker, which has a greasier consistency than this balm. It also makes your lips feel extremely smooth and kissable.
This is an amazing balm for everyday use.

It's a decent lipbalm. Tends toward the waxier types of balm as opposed to the very "slippy" type which I generally prefer. Still, it performs decently and prevents my lips from chapping.

The color is one of the best ones out there for lipbalms. This is a nice cool cherry pink whereas most other balms out there tend towards being on the warmer spectrum. It's also got more tint to it than other balms. I like the scent (it's kind of a fake cherry smell, but I like that), and the lack of SPF is a pity but not a deal-breaker. The tube is large and there's a good amount of product for a very fair price. For all intents and purposes, I like it.

Unfortunately, I can't wear this. I'm pretty fair-skinned and my lips aren't very pigmented so most tints already come off as strong (let's put it this way, I've yet to see a tinted lip balm that doesn't leave some color on my lips. Even the ones - Burt's Bee's Pomegranate, Chapstick Cherry, etc...- most people claim to leave no color whatsoever.) The tint on this product is just too pigmented and it performs as a lipstick on me instead of a tinted balm - not what I was looking for. I can't apply it with a heavy hand or go for repeat applications which I think is the whole point of balms. It really is unfortunate because if it weren't for the overwhelming intensity, the color is one that works best on me.

All in all, it's a nice enough product, but just not for me. If they ever lightened up with the level of pigment though, I'd def. give it another shot.

I love this balm! I always want a simple tinted balm to give me a flush of color, and this is perfect. It glides on so smoothly and absorbs quickly. The color is beautiful. It is quite tinted, which I love. The Burt's bees tinted balm was $7 and def not as tinted or smooth as Nivea. This was $3 at Rite Aid, and I will definetly repurchase!

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I saw this at the drugstore, and since I absolutely LOVED Nivea's Kiss of Honey lip balm, I really wanted to try this. So I tried it, and the first thing I noticed was that it wasn't as moisturizing as some of Nivea's other lip balms, which I suppose isn't too bad. However, if I want to use it by itself, I would have to apply quite a bit, making the color more intense than I'd like. I still really like this, but I usually just apply a little bit on my lips, then go over it with a different lip balm or gloss.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I like the taste, it is quite yum and actually tastes like Cherries! :)
I gives the lips a little red tinge, but not too obvious, which I think is great!
Although, I am not sure how moisturising the product really is! I probably would not buy it again for that reason, but also I am desperate to try all the other Nivea's.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I love it. Super flavor, super good lip balm, the tube is big and lasts long

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought mine just a couple of days ago after reading all the reviews on this site. I was desperately ogling this on drugstore.com, and needed the extra bit for free shipping. Also, I planned to buy four for the bulk discount, so I needed to *really* like this or I would be stuck with too many tubes I didn't like and will never use. After a few days of use, here are my thoughts:
I agree that the cherry scent is kind of strong--at first it is, anyway. When I first pulled off the packaging and put it on, I was reminded of cherry popsicles. It didn't really remind me of cough syrup... shudder... but definitely does remind me of a strong artificial cherry syrup, the stuff they dilute to flavor just about anything cherry-flavored. It smells sweet, and I've always been a huge fan of cherry flavoring, so this is a (+) for me.
My other issue was the clown lips--I've bought too many pink lipsticks that look great in the tube but look like Barbie vomited on me when I put it on. Personally, I found that this does NOT have enough pigmentation to give me clown lips, unlike lipsticks. So I must say, to the previous reviewer who said this gave them clown lips--I'm inclined to think it might be because you have really pigmented lips to begin with. In which case, I am forever jealous. But since my lips aren't all that pigmented, this balm is a non-issue with me... so maybe those with pigmented lips should keep that in mind. But it's definitely cheap enough to try out.
Anyway, I did have a moment where I freaked out a little upon seeing the magenta-colored packaging, because I remember reading here that it was true to color... but to anyone else who might be worried, the magenta is far from what shows up on the lips (thank God). It comes off as a pretty pinkish red, not a dark red--more like what you would look like just coming out of a hot shower, or a sauna. Maybe with a hint more pink? I'm normally not a pink person at all, but this light pink is fine on me, somehow. Maybe it's my slight yellow tone, but if so, I'm inclined to think it'll look fine on all but the most pinkish-hued skins.
Finally, in response to this replacing the Lip Smacker Dr. Pepper... hmm. I did actually think about it... and I agree, it is slightly more pigmented. It's also more moisturizing, though it is waxier and drier than Nivea's other uncolored balms. But the Dr. Pepper gloss is more of a red, and this is more pinkish... so I don't know that I would personally replace my Dr. Pepper with this yet. I've always liked layering the Dr. Pepper under or on top of lipsticks, and I'm excited to see what this Nivea one would look like over/under lipstick too.

Popular Lip Treatments