July 25, 2014 | 1075 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Double Extend Beauty Tubes

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2013 12:01:00 PM More reviews by Heinalicious

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This was my favourite mascara for quite some time. It gives beautiful, long lashes that look somewhat natural. The mascara will not come off with a make up remover, only with warm water, so there are both pros and cons with that.. You have to find out what suits you:) After some time the white part of the mascara will be destroyed with clumps and "clogging" - the same will happen if you keep in hot places. I still love this product, but I'm using more volumizing mascaras now that I've managed to grow my lashes longer. This is a mascara for everyone with some extra time to put on mascara. I would recommend it for both short and long lashes, but especially for those of you with shorter lashes.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2013 6:58:00 PM More reviews by Menolikepolos

Everytime I use this mascara, I get clumpy lashes from the primer layering up in a bulky fashion, or spider lashes after I've applied the black top coat. I'll go back to L'Oreal Voluminous Carbon Black (HG) for now.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2013 8:41:00 PM More reviews by voxpop

I gave full marks on the packaging because I love the double ended mascara instead of a couple brands where you need to buy the primer separately. When I take the time to build up a good layer of the primer before applying the mascara my lashes are so long they almost look fake. I LOVE the way this washes off neatly in tubes instead of smudging and staining. This also makes it great for a night out dancing or living like I do in a place where it rains all the time. The only downside I've found is that it dries out quicker than other mascaras so I have to buy it more often then I do other products. The primer dries out too so if you try to keep using the same tube for too long it starts to go on goopy. Lucky the results are worth it up until it dries.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/3/2013 3:40:00 PM More reviews by YamieLynne

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This mascara makes my eyelashes fall out! It also makes my eyes water. I wear contacts and have dry eyes so I have to be careful with my mascara and eyeliner. I threw this away in the trash when I removed my eye makeup last night and saw my lashes also being removed.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2013 4:04:00 PM More reviews by meadowsbr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

At this point I will wear no other mascara. For those of us who can't seem to keep our fingers off of our face there is simply nothing better. This mascara does not budge. Rub away...nothing. You will have to bawl your eyes out for this mascara to slip off.

One thing to remember is that you cannot remove this product with make up remover. You MUST saturate your lashes in water to remove it. This works best in the shower. I think this mascara makes the case for night time showers :)

As a two-ended mascara you first prime your lashes using the white end then immediately put on the mascara. Don't prime both lashes and then put mascara on. Do them one at a time. This primer does not need to set. Setting it will make you have clumpy lashes.

In terms of lenth, it lengthens, but not insanely so. In terms of volume, it volumizes, but also not insanely so. This is just a good solid fail-proof mascara.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2013 2:41:00 AM More reviews by velvetbuurns

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a great lengthening mascara. This product provides no volume.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2013 10:27:00 AM More reviews by treasonous

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Having had laser surgery on my eyes around 5 years ago, I now suffer from dry eye syndrome and have to regularly use eye drops. This makes mascara a nightmare for me, so I tend to use highly waterproof ones. However, recently my eyes rebelled against my current waterproof mascara - everytime I tried to take it off with an oily eye make-up remover, it went all in my eyes, making them red and sore. On the search for a new mascara, I came across this 'beauty tubes' mascara that you supposedly didn't need eye make up remover to take it off. I was intrigued, but a bit confused - i'd seen this mascara in the Loreal section for ages, but never known it was a special kind. I think the advertising/packaging could better display this fact. I was going to choose the waterproof double extend, but realised this did not have the beauty tubes aspect... So, against my better judgement, I took a risk and purchased this one.

Well.... I'm impressed. This mascara does not irritate my eyes, allows for eye drops and does not smear or go in my eyes. I found it could flake slightly, but this wasn't a huge negative. My lashes look really long with this on, although with 2 or more layers, it got a bit spidery. But the best part was taking it off! Armed with a cotton pad with warm water on, the beauty tubes came pretty much straight off when I applied pressure... leaving no residue on my lashes. This makes it brilliant for when my eyes are very dry and my mascara needs to come off during the day - I can just get some water on a cotton pad and remove them! There was no smearing of it into my eyes, so no red and irritated eyes.

I can't believe I wasn't aware of this mascara before! I have been putting up with spending 10 minutes taking off smearing waterproof mascara for years... now? 30 seconds, my lashes are completely free of all mascara. I don't have to waste money on eye make up remover now!

For anyone with dry eyes, i'd suggest giving this product a try. I use gel eye drops, and am still able to use it. For anyone else who wants to save time and money on eye make up remover, give it a shot. Honestly, I'm so impressed. Even despite it being 11, I got it in a deal of 2 for 15 at Boots... and its worth it. Very pleased.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2013 11:11:00 AM More reviews by miss_beee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is the ONLY mascara I have repurchased more than twice. I used it a couple years ago and swore it made my eyelashes thicker and for whatever reasons I stopped using it and lately my eyelashes seemed thinner and shorter so I went back to it. Its kind of expensive for a drugstore brand ($10 at target $14 at walgreens) but still cheaper than the department store ones.
I love love lovvvve the fact that a little water and the mascara just slides off so you're not left with racoon eyes or needed an eye makeup remover and I think its because it slides off and I'm not rubbing my eyes my eyelashes have a chance to grow.
It is the only drugstore mascara I've tried that gives me decent length and it lasts allllllll day. you put on the white stuff and wait 30 seconds to let it dry a bit and then go back over it with the black wiggling the black over the white helps cover it better
the only drawback is that it doesn't do much for volume for me, but i did go over it when it was kinda still wet with the mousse mascara from maybelline and my lashes looked fab...
definite hg

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2012 2:54:00 AM More reviews by TheShe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Ok weird: I tried this stuff years ago and hated it, and wrote a crappy 1-lip review of it here on MUA, then totally forgot about it. Years later I've recently picked it up at the drugstore again, tried it, and I love it. It's exactly what I need in a mascara.
I have oily lids to start with, plus I do use jojoba on the skin around my eyes semi-regularly, so it makes ANY mascara really tough to keep on. I've found that the only mascaras that work on me (don't give me raccoon eyes) are tubing ones like this, and Blinc. But spending $25 per tube on Blinc was getting annoying, so I tried this one again and I actually like it better. My lashes look much more full and black.
However, you get very little product for the price. At full retail it costs half of what Blinc costs, but it only has half the amount of mascara as a tube of Blinc, so it evens out in the end, cost-wise.*
*Except that you can almost always find L'Oreal on sale somewhere. Good luck finding Blinc on sale.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2012 5:12:00 PM More reviews by Dungdung

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Best I have tried so far, I need mascara that gives length and curl. I have tried Sheseido, Lancome, Clinique, and recently Diorshow Iconic, and other drug store ones. This is the best in terms of providing legnth and no smudge. Curl is also very good. Need to get used to using it though. It took me about a week to figure out. Now I would do a few layers of white only on the outter half of my lashes, then use the black to cover all the white while trying to stay as far away from roots of lashes as possible. This curls the lashes really well. Washing off is the best part, close eye, use warm cotton pad, then wipe and rise several times.