Lancome Maquicomplet Complete Coverage Concealer

3.8

Water/Aqua [] Cyclopentasiloxane [] Hydrogenated Polyisobutene [] Sorbitan Isostrearate [] Propylene Glycol [] Ozokerite [] Hexylene Glycol [] Urea [] Glycosaminoglycans [] Honey/Mel [] Sodium Hyaluronate [] Silica [] Chamomilla Recutita Extract/Chamomilla Recitita [] Centaurea Cyanus Flower Extract/Centaurea Cyanis [] Polydihydroxyindole [] Tocopherol [] Magnesium Sulfate [] Disodium EDTA [] Isopropyl Titanium Triisostrearate [] Disteardimonium Hectorite [] Acrylates Copolymer [] Methylparaben [] Propylparaben [] Diazolidinyl Urea [] May Contain: Mica [] Titanium Dioxide/CI 77891 [] Iron Oxides/CI 77492, CI 77491, CI 77499, B5456/1

on 4/20/2010 9:17:00 PM

It goes on smoothly and blends easily. You do have to layer it a bit in order to get a good coverage. Creases a little. However, it is not long lasting at all!! by mid-day i already look like i i hvnt slept in weeks (i have VERY heavy dark circles). definitely not worth the price. will not buy again.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Hmm. I am divided on this product. For one thing, the color selection (compared to other concealers) is very good. I would say only a few other companies have this varied of a selection of color choices for concealer (the foremost being of course MAC).

The "standard" colors that you find in the store are Ivoire, Correcteur, Light Buff, Clair II, Camee, Medium Bisque, and in rare cases, Caramel. However, on lancome.com it lists four more shades: Honey and Dore (which come between Medium Bisque & Caramel), and Bronze and Suede (which come last, after Caramel). It made me pretty angry that most retailers don't offer these darker shades (and if you read any of my reviews, you would know why! :o) ) I happen to be very slightly darker than Dore (around NC40-NC42 in MAC), when I finally found a tester in a Macy's that offered Dore. However, since I found the shade for $10 on ebay, I figured I would just buy it. Big mistake! I should have bought from Macy's so I could return it. Anyway . . .

About the actual concealer: I like thick coverage of my horrendous purple under-eyes circles, but I had to layer it on to get adequate coverage. Complete coverage, my butt! And it's not very long-lasting. After a couple hours, the color had mostly faded away. So I reapplied again, right before yoga (yes, I wear concealer during exercise! I am one of those girls). BIG mistake. I was used to my Cover FX foundation with powder on top lasting pretty well through a very sweaty yoga session. The maquicomplet concealer (with a bunch of powder on top!) melted under my eyes and it looked like I had been crying (when I looked at myself in the mirror after yoga). To be fair, the concealer doesn't claim to be waterproof, but I'm afraid to wear it and go out in a light drizzle.

As to the price, I can't really comment too much on that. The list price is around 29 dollars, which I think is a bit too much for the amount of product you get (0.25 oz, which is not too bad). However I got it on eBay for 10 dollars. I would recommend testing the product at a Macy's or other retailer, and making sure you like it, and then purchasing it for much less online.

on 3/3/2010 7:17:00 PM

I've been using this for years and years. I switch between this and Lancomes effacernes. I prefer the effacernes because it's waterproof and lasts longer. I use for undereye circles, which are pretty dark. The coverage is good. I use this in Clair. I'm still on a quest for a HG concealer.

on 3/2/2010 9:28:00 AM

The number one thing I like about this concealer is: It doesn't make me breakout! Yay! And the coverage is very good. But it does have its problems. It really is terrible under the eyes, as other reviewers have mentioned -- aging, chalky, creasing, etc. Although, I will say this.... I once used it with Lancome's Photogenic Luminessence (sp?) foundation, and had none of those issues with it... it looked great... something about the luminous foundation helped it very much. Unfortunately, that foundation broke me out big time, but that's another story. Also, the color selection is not marvelous. Ivoire is really too white (even for me, and I am a snow white kind of pale).... and the next choice, Light Buff, is too dark. If only there were something inbetween! Also, it's ridiculously expensive. That said, I will repurchase until I find something better that doesn't break me out.

on 2/27/2010 10:44:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

This product was just ok for me. I am still on the lookout for best under eye concealer.
+ med coverage
+ texture good, blended well
- "in honey" was very orange

on 2/20/2010 11:36:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I don't like wearing concealors or any of that sort
but i do need it
this product is very simple don't need too much
it doesn't dry out or smudge
the chooses in skin tone may not be perfect but it's always better to get it lighter not darker
escpecially if you want to use it for your undereye area
good for all skin no breakots or mess

(\ /)
(^_^)
C(")(")

on 1/8/2010 5:10:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine

Bought this on a whim really as I saw it super cheap on ebay and intended it for under eye coverage. But as fate would have it a nice big inflamed spot appeared above my lip, first test of this concealer and it's top marks from the get go. Covered all the area and didn't look obvious or caked, excellent stuff! Works well under eyes too, I have it in 'Ivoire'.
The applicator is worthless though. Highly recommended.

on 12/31/2009 4:39:00 PM

I bought this concealer in medium Bisque and I also bought dual finish powder in matte sand lll along with this concealer these two product make me look so flawless. Love them together.

on 12/3/2009 1:49:00 AM

Wow, after reading all the good comments on here I'm about to give this thing another try! However, I've tried it several times and I was not overly impressed with this product. Maybe it's too yellow or something - I have the "Correcteur". And that's saying a lot since I'm Asian and have yellow undertones. It's a hassle to blend it out and at the end of the day it doesn't look good - kind of light and unnatural looking. Like I said, I was just about to throw this out, but maybe I'll give it just one more try...
Right now, for concealer I'm really liking Sonia Kashuk - not the stick type (I haven't tried that yet) but the one that looks like an eyeshadow pallette.

on 12/2/2009 11:53:00 PM

Wow, Lancome meant it when they named this Complete Coverage. This covers better than any concealer I've tried. I'm NC25 with strong yellow undertones, and I found Camee a great match. The colour is just the right shade and has enough yellow to cover naturally. It's not too light, because I'm only using this on blemishes and it should match my skin. This has never made me break out or dried out my skin, unlike *coughcough* Estee Lauder Double Stay.

Price is hideous though. By hideous, I mean, "outrageous for such a small tube of concealer in a package that oozes and wastes product into the cap, and in the end, is only a concealer." But with all things considered, this gives amazing coverage, so I only need a tiny amount every time. I've had this tube for six months now, and with daily usage, still has lots left. Each tube contains 0.25 oz (7 g), and at a cost of $30 CDN, is a much better option than some drugstore finds, like Revlon's Age Defying Spa Concealer, which only gives 0.04 oz of product for about $12 CDN (amazing how Revlon gets away with this).

I love the package design, black and very sleek, but like I said before, I dislike the hollows in the cap that waste product. I'll eventually have to use a concealer brush to scoop out every last bit of concealer. Would I repurchase? Very likely, on one of those days when I'm feeling self-indulgent.