October 20, 2014 | 1901 users online

Blush - MAC - Mineralize Blush - Gentle

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2010 11:50:00 AM More reviews by jishin

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a really natural looking product, I really hate purple toned blushes but this plumcolored one really catched my eye. I still love it after the first time I bought it and I keep reaching for it day by day. It's one of my HG blushes :) I love it with my #187 brush

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2010 12:55:00 PM More reviews by emememem

really like this blush nice natural flushed colour would highly recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2010 3:38:00 PM More reviews by Chicwstyle1023

I have very sensitive skin and have always had a problem finding a blush that would not break me out... well I finally found one!! I love all of MAC's Mineralized blushes!! They come in a pressed power formula and have great pigmentation!! They also have a very light sparkle which gives your skin a fresh look... I highly recommend this blush to everyone but especially those with sensitive skin!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2010 3:36:00 PM More reviews by shanstuff

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm in LOVE with this blush! The Mineralize Blush in Gentle is a violet-pink, iridescent blush with a very subtle gold shimmer to it. However, don't let the shimmer scare you. On the skin, it simply warms the color up and gives it life on the skin. Plus, if you are seriously iridescent-averse, loose powder on top completely tones it down to a matte finish.

I was a bit concerned about the fact that this appeared a bit purple in the pan. I was worried that I would have violet cheeks. However, once applied, it turned into a lovely flushed, just-in-from-the-cold pink. Not over-the-top at all. I have very fair skin (NC15), which is on the cool side but basically very neutral. I tend to turn things pinker or purpler, but corals go orange on me. This became a very clear, natural pink that I fell in love with.

It blends quite well...no blotching. My application method is to pat across my cheekbones and then blend out. I will say that as I blend, the color intensifies a bit, so go lightly and build as needed. Those of you who like skunk brushes may want to start with one of those. I personally never have luck with the skunks, and had no problem with a traditional blush brush. I just tapped it lightly on the blush surface and then blew off the excess and applied from there.

This should be a fantastic pick for cooler skin tones, especially fair and light girls, and possibly medium. I can't speak to those of you who are warmer, as I don't know how it will morph, but next time you hit the MAC counter, I highly recommend you try it out...you'll be pleasantly surprised!

Will definitely repurchase should I ever run out, which is somewhat unlikely. Price on this is $22, which even for a department store brand, in my opinion, is somewhat pricey (.11 oz versus NARS at $26 for .18 oz), but it isn't up there with Chanel ($42 for .14 oz), either. For MAC, it seems REALLY pricey, since they are usually on the lower end of the HE spectrum price-wise. Judging from how little I have to use, it should last quite some time, so hopefully that will help defray the cost. Either way, it's such a great color for me, it's worth the splurge!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/4/2010 4:17:00 AM More reviews by justavietgyrl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is very cool toned. I do not use this often because I much prefer Nars Sin. I can see it looking nice on other people but it did not work for me. I would not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2010 2:58:00 PM More reviews by ameliabirch

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I feel as though I tried every single blusher in MAC on today, trying to find one that worked with my skin tone but that didn't make me look ruddy faced! I have pale pink toned skin so it doesn't take much to get that effect. This colour is perfect, if I had been looking without SA help I would never have gone anywhere near it as it looks so purple, but by applying a light dusting it both brightens my face and adds shape to the cheekbones. Although MAC is one of the more expensive makes that I buy, this pot is so huge and you need such a little amount, I can't see me getting all the way through it for years.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2010 3:30:00 PM More reviews by lunamaris

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Beautiful color, which can look quite intense if you're not applying it with a light hand and/or a stippling brush (187). I like the light gold shimmer you don't need a highlighter with this. But, what really surprises me, is that after 16 months of neary daily use it looks like new! For comparison: my "normal" MAC-Blush is nearly empty after 1 year of use..

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2009 7:14:00 AM More reviews by nutcolor

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love gentle. It is my HG . It is suitable with my yellow undertone and dry skin. Gentle is soft pink and a little purple. Love its texture and color. definitely repurchase ^^

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2009 2:43:00 PM More reviews by sweetgardenangel

Mac has one of those new fangled baked mineralized blushes. At least, they are new to me! I splurged on a purpley, mauve pretty color at Macy's. I, at the same time, got the brush that is a skunk? Perhaps 187 or 188. Something like that. The brush is excellent and picks up the pigment quite well on the MAC blush. You can build the coverage which I like. It doesn't grab at your skin and look like a botched mess! I'd like to explore other mineralized blushes. It has lovely look, and it is long wearing through the day!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2009 9:34:00 PM More reviews by etherealbeauty

i love this blush, its so gorgeous & perfect for the winter time - a warm violet shimmery rasberry color.