Smashbox Sheer Focus Tinted Moisturizer SPF 15

3.8

Water, Phenyl Trimethicone, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Butylene Glycol, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Acrylates Copolymer, Caprylyl Glycol, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/ Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate Copolymer, Polysorbate 60, Squalane, Honey, Pectin, Lecithin, C20-22 Alcohols, C20-22 Alkyl Phosphate, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Polysilicone-11, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethicone, Oligopeptide-10, Silica, Betaine, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Ethoxydiglycol, Xanthan Gum, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Propylene Glycol Stearate, Triethanolamine, Triethoxy Caprylylsilane, Polysorbate 20, Sorbitan Laurate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Glycerin, Propylene Glycol Laurate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Tetrasodium EDTA. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides. ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: 7.0% Octinoxate (2-Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate), 2.9% Zinc Oxide

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is the only TM I've ever tried and so far I like it. The coverage is nice if your looking for something minimal. Do not buy this if you're looking for something more than a medium coverage as this is quite sheer. Anyways I like that it brightens my complexion and gives it a nice glowy (not greasy) finish. And although it is pricey, I find using a little goes along way. I just wish the SPF was higher than 15.. summer is around the corner and I hate having to layer sunscreen under other products.

on 3/21/2011 1:14:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

great coverage for a tinted moisturizer.it also gives a soft, almost dewey finish!

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I wanted to like this, I really did, but considering the price, it just wasn't worth it me. I ordered it in Fair and while the color was more yellow than I normally use/wear, it kind of worked to my benefit and toned down my redness a bit. Otherwise, I was not a fan. It felt heavy on my face, like a mask. I don't get that mask-like feeling from my full coverage foundations, so why should I get that feeling from a tinted moisturizer? Isn't the point of a TM to feel like you have nothing on but still get some coverage? Did not deliver for me. It is being returned, unfortunately.

on 3/15/2011 12:50:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I had this in Light and used it for several months. Provides great coverage for a TM. It has a yellow tint, but I was OK with this during the summer months (I also have yellow undertones). While I could live with the color, it felt greasy and cakey; during hot weather, it felt like it "melted" on my face. There are better TMs out there.

on 3/15/2011 12:02:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm

One of the positive things I can say about this is the color. The sales associate recommended this in "light" for me. I told her that was a no-go and it looked too dark. She swatched "fair" on the back of my hand and it matched my skin to a T (which never happens!). Other than that this stuff doesn't do squat. I am acne prone and did break out from this. Not only that but this doesn't cover squat! It evens out the skin's tone but that might be it. For the redness on my cheeks I had to heavily layer this (which means it ended up looking a bit cakey). I also have acne right now and that showed right through. This does have lasting power and did hold up through out the entire day though. That's another, rare, positive thing I'll add about this. Overall though this product isn't that great and it'll be returned to Ulta a.s.a.p.

on 2/26/2011 10:41:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I wanted to love this so badly!!! Coverage is good, price a little steep, goes on nice, had nice ingredients....However, I have it in Fair and it can look a little yellow! When its on it looks ok but the color looks a little off. It can work I guess and people said it doesnt look "that bad" but for the $ I want perfect!!!! Another return for me!!!!!

on 2/21/2011 2:01:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Just got this in light from Sephora and hate it. The coverage is good for a tinted moisturizer. It covered by redness, but was still sheer enough for my freckles to shine through. My problem was that application was difficult. I had to blend, blend and blend for it to smooth out. I spent more time with this than my med coverage foundation. But the worst was the color. The light was so yellow I looked sick. This just didn't work for me.

on 2/16/2011 4:27:00 PM

I have really difficult skin. It still breaks out and is oily. I find a lot of make up looks weird at the end of the day or is cakey. I have been using this in Luminous for several months along with mmu and it is great. If I don't use it, I find my skin is really oily so it does control oil quite well! I am going to buy the Light next time to get more coverage. Some people say it is oily, but I give it a good shake before I put it on and it is really nice. I love the feel of it. I am hoping I can use the light no its own and will update. By they way, I bought this in early November and still have tons left.

on 2/15/2011 5:30:00 PM

I was excited to find this tinted moisturizer, as I can rarely find one pale enough to match me. I purchased it in Fair. It blends in well, doesn't turn orange, and doesn't break me out. The bad side is that it turns my usually super dry skin into an oily mess until I apply powder on top. The other thing I dislike is how it separates- the oil comes out first when you squeeze it unless you shake it up a bit first.

I really like the coverage of this moisturizer. I set it with MAC msf natural in med dark or studio fix powder if I want more coverage. For me, it lasts all day, no need for touch ups! No greasy look or feel by the end of the day.

Top Rated Smashbox Products