August 21, 2014 | 1862 users online

Mascara - Christian Dior - DiorShow BlackOut Waterproof

rated 1 of 5 on 3/12/2010 6:15:00 PM More reviews by leah1980

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Yeah this mascara is beautiful and dramatic, but getting this mascara off is torture! I have tried lancome eye makeup remover and clinique eye makeup remover along with makeup remover wipes and it just will not come all the way off! I mean yeah I wanted waterproof..but I didnt want permanent mascara. Also, I have been losing eyelashes trying to get it off. I will not be repurchasing this product!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2010 1:17:00 AM More reviews by halfpastsunday

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

For some reason, I am most drawn to Christian Dior mascaras than all other high end brands. It might be the nice packaging, but the formula and brushes aren't so bad either. The moment I saw Blackout, I knew I wanted it. I am Asian, so I have very thin and short lashes. You can't even tell that I have any unless you stood directly face to face with me. This mascara leaves me with extremely dark and voluminous lashes. It doesn't clump my lashes, so they still look 'natural' even with this on. The formula also lasts all day without flaking, which is what I really look for in a mascara. Overall, this is another great Dior mascara. The price is a little steep ($24), but it's worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2010 7:19:00 PM More reviews by st3phanierae

I really like this mascara and its probably the best i have ever tried. My only issue with it is the price. $25 for mascara that has to be thrown out in a couple of months is a bit much, but if you use it everyday then I guess it's worth it. If you're in a pinch though, then Cover Girl's Lash Blast mascara is a great dupe.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2010 10:36:00 AM More reviews by mayer2816

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This one is better than the Regular Dior Show mascara, bought at Sephora in France for 25euros more or less. I have to say, the color is GORGEOUS, it's a very deep dark black, nothing like I've ever seen, it gives a lot of volumes and lengthens my lashes, but it brings down my lashes and doesn't hold the curl. I have very long, thin, Asian eyelash so I have to use a curler. I have to curl them real high if I want to wear this mascara just to compensate..It's not worth the money to be honest..CG lash blast works better than this in giving loads of volume for a lot less money..

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2010 10:24:00 AM More reviews by manda9794

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was a loyal user of this mascara for a few years. It is a beautiful true black that adds tons of drama. However, it dries out VERY quickly and flakes like crazy within the first 2 weeks of use. I solved this problem by investing in Dior Iconic Extreme and using that as a base under my Blackout. It alleviated the flaking issues I was experiencing for the most part, but $51 every 6-8 weeks on mascara wore thin on me pretty quickly. After attempting a few other horrifying alternatives, I followed the advice of some of the MUAers and tried Maybelline Colossal Volum'Express W/P in Glam Black and fell in love. Now I'm spending $45 less on my mascara per purchase and much happier with the results.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2010 4:18:00 PM More reviews by AmandaEve011

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this product. Makes my eyes very dramatic and black. Exactly what I'm looking for, just wish it would add some length to it as well. Love this product and can't wait to try the new dior.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2010 9:55:00 AM More reviews by thor7262

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love Dior Show Blackout! After my cheap Maybelline "Sky High Curves" was discontinued, I tried so many different mascaras from Mac, Bobbie Brown, CG, Mary Kay, Clinique, etc. trying to replace it. I finally caved after reading reviews for Dior Show, and got this one. Its the best I have ever tried. I have fine dark hair and short, fine, straight eye lashes. I need waterproof to hold curl and this does it all day with no drooping. Its a great black too and I swear I look younger when I use it. Yes, its pricey for a product that needs replacing so often, but I'll happily fork over $24 to Sephora for a set of perfect eye lashes that do more for my face than all of my other makeup does. It stays on so you need a good remover, but its so worth it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2010 11:52:00 AM More reviews by ekym

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Having never purchased mascara from Dior before, though I had tried regular Diorshow in stores, I decided on Blackout Waterproof for its claims of a richer black and budge-proof formula. It was a splurge with the $24 price tag. The formula, as many have said, is VERY waterproof, it doesnít smear or smudge all day. Have a very good makeup remover (I use DHC Deep Cleansing Oil and let it sit for a good five minutes) and remove it very gently so you donít yank out lashes by accident. The color is gorgeous, truly a deep, pitch black that doesnít morph to an off-black or charcoal by the end of the day. In all the mascaras Iíve tried (see other reviews) none have ever gotten my lashes (which are black to being with) this inky and dramatic. I apply a thorough coat, tediously applying it on the outer and inner corners of my upper lashes (my lower lashes are short and sparse, so I donít even attempt with this fat brush). Then I use a metal-tooth lash comb (Vincent Longoís) to separate the lashes, which they really donít need too much of, while the mascara is still wet. After letting that first coat semi-dry, I apply a second coat and comb again. I have to admit that my lashes look longer than ever, especially since this mascara holds a curl (with an eyelash curler, my lashes are naturally stick straight). I got compliments and remarks of envy from my sister about my long lashes. My lashes also look thicker, so this mascara has completely lived up to its claims. My regular mascara is CoverGirl Fantastic Lash and I do love it (especially how it separates and makes me look like I have a ton of lashes), but I will definitely buy Diorshow Blackout again, but probably only use it for special occasions, or by it for the Holiday season like I did this time.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2009 11:05:00 PM More reviews by Leslee07

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my favorite mascara. It is super black, it goes on easily and doesn't smear or flake. It makes my lashes look amazing. I started out with DiorShow, which I liked, but this is much better. I do think it is the blackest mascara I have seen. It is a little expensive for mascara, but I am willing to pay for it since the effect is so great. I don't have to replace it as often since I can get away with one coat. It is a decent value because it lasts and doesn't seem to dry out like Lash Blast did. I like the brush--it is a good size, though not as big as Bad Gal, another favorite of mine. I highly recommend this mascara.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/10/2009 7:02:00 PM More reviews by CODYKERI

MY FAVORITE MASCARA, CAN BE HARD TO GET OFF.