Dior DiorShow BlackOut Waterproof

3.5

on 3/31/2010 12:37:00 PM

Beautiful packaging, texture, holds curl, volumises, separates. BUT IT SMUDGES. So disappointed. A true waterproof formula would make this perfect.

on 3/28/2010 7:24:00 PM

I have a love hate relationship with this mascara. I love it because its deep black color and it gives me lucious full lashes. But more than half the time i buy it, the top of the tube where its suppose to wipe off most of the product comes apart and you pull the wand out with a glob of mascara. And then because it does that it dries out a lot quicker and gets clumpy. It pisses me off because its not cheap.

on 3/12/2010 6:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Yeah this mascara is beautiful and dramatic, but getting this mascara off is torture! I have tried lancome eye makeup remover and clinique eye makeup remover along with makeup remover wipes and it just will not come all the way off! I mean yeah I wanted waterproof..but I didnt want permanent mascara. Also, I have been losing eyelashes trying to get it off. I will not be repurchasing this product!

Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool

For some reason, I am most drawn to Christian Dior mascaras than all other high end brands. It might be the nice packaging, but the formula and brushes aren't so bad either. The moment I saw Blackout, I knew I wanted it. I am Asian, so I have very thin and short lashes. You can't even tell that I have any unless you stood directly face to face with me. This mascara leaves me with extremely dark and voluminous lashes. It doesn't clump my lashes, so they still look 'natural' even with this on. The formula also lasts all day without flaking, which is what I really look for in a mascara. Overall, this is another great Dior mascara. The price is a little steep ($24), but it's worth it.

on 2/10/2010 7:19:00 PM

I really like this mascara and its probably the best i have ever tried. My only issue with it is the price. $25 for mascara that has to be thrown out in a couple of months is a bit much, but if you use it everyday then I guess it's worth it. If you're in a pinch though, then Cover Girl's Lash Blast mascara is a great dupe.

on 2/8/2010 10:36:00 AM

Skin: Other, Medium, Warm

This one is better than the Regular Dior Show mascara, bought at Sephora in France for 25euros more or less. I have to say, the color is GORGEOUS, it's a very deep dark black, nothing like I've ever seen, it gives a lot of volumes and lengthens my lashes, but it brings down my lashes and doesn't hold the curl. I have very long, thin, Asian eyelash so I have to use a curler. I have to curl them real high if I want to wear this mascara just to compensate..It's not worth the money to be honest..CG lash blast works better than this in giving loads of volume for a lot less money..

on 2/8/2010 10:24:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I was a loyal user of this mascara for a few years. It is a beautiful true black that adds tons of drama. However, it dries out VERY quickly and flakes like crazy within the first 2 weeks of use. I solved this problem by investing in Dior Iconic Extreme and using that as a base under my Blackout. It alleviated the flaking issues I was experiencing for the most part, but $51 every 6-8 weeks on mascara wore thin on me pretty quickly. After attempting a few other horrifying alternatives, I followed the advice of some of the MUAers and tried Maybelline Colossal Volum'Express W/P in Glam Black and fell in love. Now I'm spending $45 less on my mascara per purchase and much happier with the results.

on 1/24/2010 4:18:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Love this product. Makes my eyes very dramatic and black. Exactly what I'm looking for, just wish it would add some length to it as well. Love this product and can't wait to try the new dior.

on 1/17/2010 9:55:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love Dior Show Blackout! After my cheap Maybelline "Sky High Curves" was discontinued, I tried so many different mascaras from Mac, Bobbie Brown, CG, Mary Kay, Clinique, etc. trying to replace it. I finally caved after reading reviews for Dior Show, and got this one. Its the best I have ever tried. I have fine dark hair and short, fine, straight eye lashes. I need waterproof to hold curl and this does it all day with no drooping. Its a great black too and I swear I look younger when I use it. Yes, its pricey for a product that needs replacing so often, but I'll happily fork over $24 to Sephora for a set of perfect eye lashes that do more for my face than all of my other makeup does. It stays on so you need a good remover, but its so worth it!

on 1/6/2010 11:52:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Having never purchased mascara from Dior before, though I had tried regular Diorshow in stores, I decided on Blackout Waterproof for its claims of a richer black and budge-proof formula. It was a splurge with the $24 price tag. The formula, as many have said, is VERY waterproof, it doesnít smear or smudge all day. Have a very good makeup remover (I use DHC Deep Cleansing Oil and let it sit for a good five minutes) and remove it very gently so you donít yank out lashes by accident. The color is gorgeous, truly a deep, pitch black that doesnít morph to an off-black or charcoal by the end of the day. In all the mascaras Iíve tried (see other reviews) none have ever gotten my lashes (which are black to being with) this inky and dramatic. I apply a thorough coat, tediously applying it on the outer and inner corners of my upper lashes (my lower lashes are short and sparse, so I donít even attempt with this fat brush). Then I use a metal-tooth lash comb (Vincent Longoís) to separate the lashes, which they really donít need too much of, while the mascara is still wet. After letting that first coat semi-dry, I apply a second coat and comb again. I have to admit that my lashes look longer than ever, especially since this mascara holds a curl (with an eyelash curler, my lashes are naturally stick straight). I got compliments and remarks of envy from my sister about my long lashes. My lashes also look thicker, so this mascara has completely lived up to its claims. My regular mascara is CoverGirl Fantastic Lash and I do love it (especially how it separates and makes me look like I have a ton of lashes), but I will definitely buy Diorshow Blackout again, but probably only use it for special occasions, or by it for the Holiday season like I did this time.